Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Knowles until Year 2025

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Default Morgan Knowles until Year 2025

Good lad.

In The South Stand

Outstanding news. Really brilliant. But one has to wonder if there are any clauses in it? He's arguably one of the best in his position in the world and on the face of it he's cutting himself off from doubling/trippling his earnings?

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Brilliant news, great work by the club! I expected him to try his hand in Australia. A great start to the week!

Learning All The Songs

Excellent news, thoroughly deserved and massive for our club, as no doubt NRL clubs would be interested in signing him. I would assume he would get the captaincy once Roby retires as well.

Banned

Wow!

I'd genuinely expected him to go to Aus at the end of his contract next year. This is a major boost, as he's a simply brilliant player.

Fantastic news.

In The West Stand

Wow. Just wow. I was completely resigned to him moving to the NRL next year and wouldn't have begrudged it in the slightest. How the club keep pulling it out of the bag is beyond me. Welsby Dodd and Knowles are cornerstones to build a team off.

I second the call for him to get captain after Roby (though I suspect Lomax will get it)

Brilliant news and for me the best signing of all our recruitment this year. I too was convinced he was NRL bound however we all know that the lifestyle is great, weather etc and he would undoubtedly have earned more money but I note that he has just had a baby.

It can't be under-estimated how much family is important with a new child, having grand parents and family as a support network is invaluable. I have mates in Aus and NZ who love their life but admit that they miss family and their children miss seeing their grand parents.

Plus Knowles is young enough to see out his contract with us and maybe go to the NRL after that.

Fantastic. Like a few others, I thought this would be his last year. He is a special player and will only get better. Well done, Saints.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Merry frigging Christmas!!!

More than deserved.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Merry frigging Christmas!!!

More than deserved.
    My words exactly. Great piece of business by the club.

Starting A Programme Collection

Great news well done Saints. They must be creating a great culture players want to stay part of.

Boom! This is simply AMAZING!

In The South Stand

Huge news. I was certain he’d leave for the NRL.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Would love to get Regan signed up longer?????

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

It’s great for a player to show such much loyalty to the club, when I was at Ulverston I had been told many times how he was very close to his family especially his Mum who supported Saints. So that loyalty is shown to his parents who did so much for him to develop at Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Outstanding news. Really brilliant. But one has to wonder if there are any clauses in it? He's arguably one of the best in his position in the world and on the face of it he's cutting himself off from doubling/trippling his earnings?
    Great news indeed so why do you look for any form of dampener?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Brilliant news and for me the best signing of all our recruitment this year. I too was convinced he was NRL bound however we all know that the lifestyle is great, weather etc and he would undoubtedly have earned more money but I note that he has just had a baby.

It can't be under-estimated how much family is important with a new child, having grand parents and family as a support network is invaluable. I have mates in Aus and NZ who love their life but admit that they miss family and their children miss seeing their grand parents.

Plus Knowles is young enough to see out his contract with us and maybe go to the NRL after that.
    Great news and business by the club.
    The family support network is overlooked and it often stems from the player`s partner/wife.
    It has worked against us when Aussie players have left to return to the family network, Kev this year and Jamie Lyon previously state their partners struggled without their parents.
    On the other side to that Ben Barba`s partner wanted to stay, so she knew he was vulnerable to temptation over there and was willing to forgo her family support to keep him on the straight and narrow here.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Some players just don't want to go there or feel the need to. Roby is a prime example.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    Brilliant news, great work by the club! I expected him to try his hand in Australia. A great start to the week!
    They've just had their first baby I can't see them clearing off to Aus before the little'un gets to know it's grandparents, that would be a tight thing to do. Money isn't everything to some people being happy doing what they do can't be bought.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

I wonder if Luke Thompson's experiences over there may have factored into Morgan's thinking. Looks like the Bulldogs are trying to get rid again now.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/luke-...-circle-46615/

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Some players just don't want to go there or feel the need to. Roby is a prime example.
    Not sure Robes had much of a say to be honest

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I wonder if Luke Thompson's experiences over there may have factored into Morgan's thinking. Looks like the Bulldogs are trying to get rid again now.

He’d allegedly been offered to the Storm, I don’t think that would put me off at all.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post

Would he come back here? Could we afford him or have him and the club burnt to many bridges??

Side note - Serious about RL is by far the worst RL website in the history of RL websites.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    They've just had their first baby I can't see them clearing off to Aus before the little'un gets to know it's grandparents, that would be a tight thing to do. Money isn't everything to some people being happy doing what they do can't be bought.
    I saw that he had a baby and thought that was the best news for the club! He and his Mrs probably want a bit of stability for a few years - I suppose if you have enough money it's not worth it, then practicalities like child care costs etc, cost of living etc can further change everything

All in all though absolutely brilliant news

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Outstanding news!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............