Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final Details Confirmed

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Semi Final Details Confirmed

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2022/04/1...igan-warriors/

Tickets are now available for our Betfred Challenge Cup Semi Final trip to Elland Road to play Wigan Warriors on Saturday May 7, kick off 2.30pm.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2022/04/1...igan-warriors/

Tickets are now available for our Betfred Challenge Cup Semi Final trip to Elland Road to play Wigan Warriors on Saturday May 7, kick off 2.30pm.
    Glad to see we're playing straight after the ladies. Hopefully the majority of the fans will be in the stadium to cheer them on.
    On another note, the prices are a disgrace. The stadium is a shit hole. I'd be very surprised if there are over 20k there for the 3 games.

The RFL need to really think their pricing strategy. Fans are paying 3/4 times a year to go to France. Magic weekend and potential CC games and GF play off games. RL's fanbase is to small to have so many well attended one off fixtures. It looks poor seeing the stadiums half empty and must surely put off potential investors

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Glad to see we're playing straight after the ladies. Hopefully the majority of the fans will be in the stadium to cheer them on.
    On another note, the prices are a disgrace. The stadium is a shit hole. I'd be very surprised if there are over 20k there for the 3 games.

The RFL need to really think their pricing strategy. Fans are paying 3/4 times a year to go to France. Magic weekend and potential CC games and GF play off games. RL's fanbase is to small to have so many well attended one off fixtures. It looks poor seeing the stadiums half empty and must surely put off potential investors
    I agree with you on ticket prices. Should be £20 max and try and get a good crowd for the telly.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Surprised (and disappointed) we are the 2:30pm game. Would have thought it would make more sense to have us on last and ensure the place doesn't empty for the 2nd game.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Surprised (and disappointed) we are the 2:30pm game. Would have thought it would make more sense to have us on last and ensure the place doesn't empty for the 2nd game.
    I was convinced we would be 2nd on. As you say it will be quite empty for 2nd SF. Personally I’m glad as I won’t stay for 2nd even if we win. But for a how it looks on TV I think they have messed up. That said I assume the BBC had a hand in who plays when.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I was convinced we would be 2nd on. As you say it will be quite empty for 2nd SF. Personally I’m glad as I won’t stay for 2nd even if we win. But for a how it looks on TV I think they have messed up. That said I assume the BBC had a hand in who plays when.
    From a selfish point of with regards to the community game it's very annoying too. Every amateur club in the country kicking off at the same time as Saints v Wigan seems daft to me when that's clearly the bigger game of the two.

Learning All The Songs

Horrible stadium, horrible prices and the seats they've given us are pretty horrible too. If you're in the top section quite a few have obstructed views

Learning All The Songs

There seems to be tickets there for all ranges, it is a triple header, with three of the top placed teams. If it was any cheaper that`s a race to the bottom and many complain about that when go for bargain basement sponsorship.
    I agree with the KO times for the stadium to stay full and the amateur clubs missing out, as all are valid points that should have been argued against, there could still be time for change.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Selfishly delighted as someone who wants to travel up and down in a day from Berkshire

Massive game!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The date needs to be changed so I can attend

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Selfishly delighted as someone who wants to travel up and down in a day from Berkshire

Massive game!!!

Yeah they'll never please everyone.

Sorted tickets and looking forward to it.
    Unfortunately I can't make the final and looking like missing my first Saints final since 1976.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Unfortunately I can't make the final and looking like missing my first Saints final since 1976.
    Similar story for me - flying out on holiday on cup final day; very upset. Trying to convince my wife that I should take a later flight that day and leave her to get the kids away . . . . . . limited success as yet.

Starting A Programme Collection

Come on you are talking about them stupid RFL ,have they any sense between them, know a lot who are going but not stopping for second game, going for the woman’s then our game then home. Sensless . !!!!!!!!!

Noooobie

This game is killing itself the seat allocation is terrible obstructed views in the corner .

We're not in the final yet so I wouldn't worry too much

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bankstown View Post
    This game is killing itself the seat allocation is terrible obstructed views in the corner .
    I never miss saints v wigan but these prices in the current climate of life in Britain are ridiculous so as a point of protest won,t be there. I also never in 35 years hardly miss a home or away saints game, saddened and disappointed rant over

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by greggo View Post
    I never miss saints v wigan but these prices in the current climate of life in Britain are ridiculous so as a point of protest won,t be there. I also never in 35 years hardly miss a home or away saints game, saddened and disappointed rant over
    Are they really that ridiculous? Between £25-£55 for a cup semi against Wigan plus two other games?

Are they really that ridiculous? Between £25-£55 for a cup semi against Wigan plus two other games?

We paid £28 was it at Hull away. In that context it's really not that crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    We're not in the final yet so I wouldn't worry too much
    I know and I'm not counting chickens. I'm thinking it'll take a really good team to get over us. I'm not convinced Wigan's pack is anywhere good enough. What I have seen so far Field has got them over the line a few times in games were they were quite average overall.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

I see your point but with all best wishes to players in other games I wanted to watch one saints men v wigan mens teams

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by greggo View Post
    I see your point but with all best wishes to players in other games I wanted to watch one saints men v wigan mens teams
    Yeah I get that pal

I know and I'm not counting chickens. I'm thinking it'll take a really good team to get over us. I'm not convinced Wigan's pack is anywhere good enough. What I have seen so far Field has got them over the line a few times in games were they were quite average overall.
    With you on that. We need to really get stuck into their forwards

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Similar thoughts, we will find out on Friday if they are good enough, sure they will give us a tough game because of the very nature of it being a derby.

But I,m not sure if they can play at a high intesity level similar to Saints for 80 mins. we have played 3 very tough games and won 36-22, 28-2, 28-8 scoring 92 pts, the Wigoons have only had one tough game failed at 0-28 scoring ZERO points.

Wigoons have picked up some form against lower placed teams but Wakefield had 6 of their best players missing Johnstone, Miller, Fifita and Tupou for instance is a considerable loss of strike.

France 4 times
    Magic Weekend
    Cc Semi final
    It all adds up when you support a successful team ( and I’ve not included CC Final and Grand Final). Unless you’re absolutely minted and have lots of time on your hands you have to be selective with the games you choose to attend. I really am in two minds about the CC semi as I don’t like the one day format, I don’t like the venue and it’s live on TV.