Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Wheldon Road to get flushing toilets

Learning All The Songs

Default Wheldon Road to get flushing toilets

https://www.totalrl.com/castleford-t...-wheldon-road/

Joking aside this is good news for them, their ground could become a little gem.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Like a Saints new kit thread,
    Best Team Ever thread,
    Worst Team Ever Thread

Cas and Wakefield New Stadium

Every year

Welcome to the off season

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Like a Saints new kit thread,
    Best Team Ever thread,
    Worst Team Ever Thread

Cas and Wakefield New Stadium

Every year

Welcome to the off season
    You mean there’s still time for the annual “what would Super League look like if you were in charge?” Thread?!
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    You mean there’s still time for the annual “what would Super League look like if you were in charge?” Thread?!
    And for this reason ...... I’m off . See you all end of Jan . Happy Christmas to you all 🍺

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    And for this reason ...... I’m off . See you all end of Jan . Happy Christmas to you all 🍺
    Before you go, Roby or Cunningham…just who is the best?

Banned

The danger of Wheldon Road getting toilets is that all the residents of Castleford will be queuing 24/7 to use the only flushing bogs in the village.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Anyone know what the RL Resiliance Fund is? Is it an RFL or local initiative?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Anyone know what the RL Resiliance Fund is? Is it an RFL or local initiative?
    Local initiative. Wakefield council giving Wakey, Cas and Fev £2m each. Suspect it's a sweetener for making a hash of helping the first two with moving to new stadia, then they couldn't really leave Fev out.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post

Joking aside this is good news for them, their ground could become a little gem.
    Just a PR smokescreen to make them look less stupid when the failure to achieve a new stadium became clear. They have no money to do any redevelopment of their own ground. The new stadium would largely have been financed with the wider scheme of development it would have been associated with.

They even admit this in the press release: “We believe that, although major new investment is needed to improve the existing stadium, this would now be in the best long-term interests of Castleford Tigers.”

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Just a PR smokescreen to make them look less stupid when the failure to achieve a new stadium became clear. They have no money to do any redevelopment of their own ground. The new stadium would largely have been financed with the wider scheme of development it would have been associated with.

They even admit this in the press release: “We believe that, although major new investment is needed to improve the existing stadium, this would now be in the best long-term interests of Castleford Tigers.”
    Thats the way I,m seeing it, too many false dawns with both Cas and Wakey over the last 10 to 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Local initiative. Wakefield council giving Wakey, Cas and Fev £2m each. Suspect it's a sweetener for making a hash of helping the first two with moving to new stadia, then they couldn't really leave Fev out.
    Thanks. It being local is probably why I had never heard of it.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

£2million well that can allow them to buy the Times to be cut into 6" squares instead of the Rhubarb Bugle.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Should have been pulled down years ago
    Along with Wakefield
    Bah humbug...........

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post

I would put a time limit on the redevelopment.

In The South Stand

Deadline for Cas memberships is early December and the cynic in me thinks these two things are linked.

Thankfully, we’re not in the situation Cas and Wakefield are. Their grounds are dated (I actually really like both) and while I loved our dated home in Knowsley Road, it’s night and day the difference between KR and the Electric Fag Arena and the way the club can generate income 365 days a year will make a huge difference financially (positively and negatively as we found out) when you compare how many other clubs actually own their respective grounds. We are one of the lucky ones that managed to get out of our decrepit stadium.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

The developers who were going to build the Wakefild new ground I believe have agreed to around a 8million pay out to Wakefield so they can be free to build what they want on the site that was going to be the new stadium Cas have the same agreement with the developers who were going to build the new stadium I believe they will settle for around the same money leaving the developers free to build what they want on the site
    With the 2million from WMDC both clubs will have from 8-10 million to spend on there grounds hopefully

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    both clubs will have from 8-10 million to spend on there grounds hopefully

Two flushing toilets!

The developers who were going to build the Wakefild new ground I believe have agreed to around a 8million pay out to Wakefield so they can be free to build what they want on the site that was going to be the new stadium Cas have the same agreement with the developers who were going to build the new stadium I believe they will settle for around the same money leaving the developers free to build what they want on the site
    With the 2million from WMDC both clubs will have from 8-10 million to spend on there grounds hopefully
    That’s good news all round. Both grounds may be great for atmosphere and banter with the opposition, but they look terrible to the casual tv viewer. With C4 showing an interest these improvements be done ASAP.

In The South Stand

That's a lot better picture than I thought there was. Why would the developer agree to the pay outs? They've signed deals to produce new stadiums and then decided they'd rather not and paid them out instead, construction material prices maybe? Or have they found a far more profitable use for the land so are effectively compensating them for reneging on the deal? Seems a lot of money to pay out without a lengthy court case and several years of attempts to swerve paying it. Those kind of figures might get 2 or 3 stands built or even 4 if they make them very basic without the posh cladding we have. I'd imagine Cas will want a big standing section for the home fans. They have space behind the current main stand, but I don't think they do behind the sticks or on the terraced side?

Have to wonder with Cas how much of that windfall would end up paying debt and servicing the ongoing running of the club. But hopefully they can do it, has the potential to be one of the best RL grounds if they're doing it themselves rather than going for a generic modern stadium build which all seem very off the shelf.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    That's a lot better picture than I thought there was. Why would the developer agree to the pay outs? They've signed deals to produce new stadiums and then decided they'd rather not and paid them out instead, construction material prices maybe? Or have they found a far more profitable use for the land so are effectively compensating them for reneging on the deal? Seems a lot of money to pay out without a lengthy court case and several years of attempts to swerve paying it. Those kind of figures might get 2 or 3 stands built or even 4 if they make them very basic without the posh cladding we have. I'd imagine Cas will want a big standing section for the home fans. They have space behind the current main stand, but I don't think they do behind the sticks or on the terraced side?

Have to wonder with Cas how much of that windfall would end up paying debt and servicing the ongoing running of the club. But hopefully they can do it, has the potential to be one of the best RL grounds if they're doing it themselves rather than going for a generic modern stadium build which all seem very off the shelf.
    Wakefield have agreed 8.3 million with the developers who were going to build there stadium to do work to that amount on there ground so basically they can be released from the commitment to build a community stadium on the land they want to build on
    The statement Cas put out on Monday looks like they have the same kind of agreement with Axiom on building a new ground before any other building works can be done so there willing to pay that kind of money to be able to build what they want and not go back to square one
    Axiom may negotiate to get a figure nearer 5 or 6 million we will have to see

Wakefield have agreed 8.3 million with the developers who were going to build there stadium to do work to that amount on there ground so basically they can be released from the commitment to build a community stadium on the land they want to build on
    The statement Cas put out on Monday looks like they have the same kind of agreement with Axiom on building a new ground before any other building works can be done so there willing to pay that kind of money to be able to build what they want and not go back to square one
    Axiom may negotiate to get a figure nearer 5 or 6 million we will have to see
    On the face of it this is great news, providing all the money goes into the stadium and not paying off creditors.