JB&B Leach Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: Kevin Sinfield

  1. #1
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,913
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Kevin Sinfield

    I watched Kevin come back finishing his 101 miles for MND and i know that Leeds fans have called him Sir for a long time but i think maybe it is time that it was made official and also what is the chance of him becoming BBC sports personality of the year , what a friend to have Rob Burrow .

  2. #2
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,225
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Well considering he is now involved with Rugby Union, I would wager his chances of both have increased markedly

  3. #3
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,913
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I thought that.

  4. #4
    In The West Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    5,435
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Well considering he is now involved with Rugby Union, I would wager his chances of both have increased markedly

    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  5. #5
    Learning All The Songs Nickles Forearm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    2,217
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Well considering he is now involved with Rugby Union, I would wager his chances of both have increased markedly
    This, I’d imagine he’ll be knighted in the next set of queens honours for this one. It will be told to us as Rugby Union Coach Kevin Sinfield achieves knighthood for services to charity / MND. In the smaller print, inspired by his good friend and ex league player Rob Burrow.

  6. #6
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,713
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    This, I’d imagine he’ll be knighted in the next set of queens honours for this one. It will be told to us as Rugby Union Coach Kevin Sinfield achieves knighthood for services to charity / MND. In the smaller print, inspired by his good friend and ex league player Rob Burrow.
    If he gets it he has deserved it, not like some of them.

  7. #7
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    2,166
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thank you Kevin Sinfield. You’ve shown what true friendship is and also demonstrated something of the bond that holds a real team together. You’ve also kept public attention on MND.

  8. #8
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,203
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    When there's alot of rubbish & incompetence going on in the world, Kevin Sinfield restores your faith in humanity.

    Great man doing great things for a close friend and MND, a condition that probably gets overlooked. Heroic stuff doing the two challenges he's done these last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

  9. #9
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,055
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    When there's alot of rubbish & incompetence going on in the world, Kevin Sinfield restores your faith in humanity.

    Great man doing great things for a close friend and MND, a condition that probably gets overlooked. Heroic stuff doing the two challenges he's done these last few years.
    If anyone deserves an award it's Kevin. Selfless actions on behalf of those that need help.

  10. #10
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    If anyone deserves an award it's Kevin. Selfless actions on behalf of those that need help.
    Well done, Kevin
    Bringing it all back home.

  11. #11
    Learning All The Songs oldun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    2,190
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    There is a petition going on change.org
    https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...sk&utm_term=cs



    I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!


    I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect




  12. #12
    Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    772
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    There is a petition going on change.org
    https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...sk&utm_term=cs
    Use this 'top of the petition' link https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...d-a-knighthood

    I've just signed it.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.


  13. #13
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,913
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    So thats it then , forget about the 7 marathons that Sinfield did but make sure that you mention
    that he ran from That Rugby Union club that he coaches now . Right we did that now we have to mention Rugby League oh thats it St Helens won the championship again now who can we get to introduce that ahh thats it Vegas he can be depended on to make the game look silly , there you are job done .

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    2,166
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    So thats it then , forget about the 7 marathons that Sinfield did but make sure that you mention
    that he ran from That Rugby Union club that he coaches now . Right we did that now we have to mention Rugby League oh thats it St Helens won the championship again now who can we get to introduce that ahh thats it Vegas he can be depended on to make the game look silly , there you are job done .
    I agree that having Johnny Vegas will have gone down badly with those on here who are concerned about stereotypical coverage. All in all though I thought that Saints’ Men and Women got pretty good coverage compared to other sports and particularly Rugby Union, which had internationals on show. Not a good advert for the town though to show a deserted Church Street but maybe that’s how it is now.

    I thought the programme failed to do Kevin Sinfield and his achievements justice but to be fair to the BBC they have spent a lot of air time highlighting MND, Rob Burrow and his family and Kevin Sinfield’s achievements.

    PS This was posted by Saints on Facebook so the club must be happy with it:

    https://fb.watch/9-tUc0EmoO/

    There’s a bit of exuberance from the presenters as well, not just a cold outline of the facts.

    PPS How do tennis players win so often? Tennis fans must vote big time.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 19th December 2021 at 23:24.

  15. #15
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,639
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Rather the BBC had left us out & focused on Kevin Sinfield's achievements & Rob Burrow's ongoing battle.

    Some things are more important

  16. #16
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    667
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    [QUOTE=Saint Ged;838232]So thats it then , forget about the 7 marathons that Sinfield did but make sure that you mention
    that he ran from That Rugby Union club that he coaches now . Right we did that now we have to mention Rugby League oh thats it St Helens won the championship again now who can we get to introduce that ahh thats it Vegas he can be depended on to make the game look silly , there you are job done


    Johnny Vegas seems like a really nice bloke but in my opinion he makes the game look embarrassing, like Eddie Waring in his later years, surely a voice over from an enthusiastic Clare Balding covering the year would have looked better than what appears to the South as a stereotypical northern thicko, I know most of it is his on screen personna but it's beginning to wear thin. Just my opinion, apologies to all the Vegas fans

  17. #17
    Got A Season Ticket Roger Moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Warrington
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Can't understand how England football team got the Team of the year. Won absolutely nothing, great reward for mediocrity.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

  18. #18
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Newport, Shropshire
    Posts
    2,166
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    [QUOTE=Woolyback;838239]
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    So thats it then , forget about the 7 marathons that Sinfield did but make sure that you mention
    that he ran from That Rugby Union club that he coaches now . Right we did that now we have to mention Rugby League oh thats it St Helens won the championship again now who can we get to introduce that ahh thats it Vegas he can be depended on to make the game look silly , there you are job done


    Johnny Vegas seems like a really nice bloke but in my opinion he makes the game look embarrassing, like Eddie Waring in his later years, surely a voice over from an enthusiastic Clare Balding covering the year would have looked better than what appears to the South as a stereotypical northern thicko, I know most of it is his on screen personna but it's beginning to wear thin. Just my opinion, apologies to all the Vegas fans
    Would the BBC have given us such prominent coverage but for the Johnny Vegas piece? I think not.

    Would they have given Kevin Sinfield any more coverage but for the Saints’ coverage. I think not because he would have only received more attention if they had given him a special award and they had clearly decided against that. As already mentioned, the BBC have given a lot of air time to covering the Rob Burrow story and Kevin Sinfield’s fund raising has been given a lot of attention both on national and local news and other programmes. There has been no anti-League bias but sensitive consideration of the effects of a devastating illness and a real friend’s attempts to do what he can to fund raise to fight that illness. Rob Burrow’s cheerful countenance despite what has happened to him and Kevin Sinfield’s tears have kept Rob in the public eye and in a lot of hearts.

    In truth Kevin Sinfield may not get any more awards for his fundraising but I don’t think he cares. I think his concern is for his friend.

    In passing, Claire Baldwin’s big red vee introduction was brilliant.

  19. #19
    Learning All The Songs KentishBarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Can't understand how England football team got the Team of the year. Won absolutely nothing, great reward for mediocrity.
    I wasn't expecting us to win it, but I did think exactly the same as you.
    Let's give it to the team who came second!

  20. #20
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Can't understand how England football team got the Team of the year. Won absolutely nothing, great reward for mediocrity.
    I Can - that’s how we do it in the UK , reward crap . That’s why we are miles behind in most sports

  21. #21
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Remember when David Beckham won it , he won it for scoring a free kick ( albeit a good goal) to get us into the Euros . Had he not scored we would not have qualified! The goal was against Greece ! How sick must those have been who was nominated and came second behind that . I’m almost certain it was a female sailer Who soloed around the world in a Yacht race at the age that I still didn’t know what my tadger was for .

  22. #22
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,639
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Remember when David Beckham won it , he won it for scoring a free kick ( albeit a good goal) to get us into the Euros . Had he not scored we would not have qualified! The goal was against Greece ! How sick must those have been who was nominated and came second behind that . I’m almost certain it was a female sailer Who soloed around the world in a Yacht race at the age that I still didn’t know what my tadger was for .

    Was it Ellen Mccarthur who had achieved the round the world feat?

    I think it was to get England to the world cup in Japan/Korea, Beckham's free kick. It was the same day we got hammered by Wigan in the play off semi final as we had a severely depleted team

  23. #23
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Was it Ellen Mccarthur who had achieved the round the world feat?

    I think it was to get England to the world cup in Japan/Korea, Beckham's free kick. It was the same day we got hammered by Wigan in the play off semi final as we had a severely depleted team
    I think it was Ellen MC . What and incredible feat that is . I know nothing about sailing but that is an incredible achievement beyond any goal , cycle race or anything else in my view . She must have been thinking , what do I need to do ? Sail to mars ! .

    It was very early 2000 if I recall . I was gutted for her !

  24. #24
    Got A Replica Shirt Mal Quay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Manly NSW
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    A long history of joke winners. Same folks who vote for strictly or pretty new singers’ programmes. It is all shaping by the establishment....very long way to go.

  25. #25
    In The West Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    5,435
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I hadn't read this thread before mentioning SPOTY in the women's team thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Quay View Post
    A long history of joke winners. Same folks who vote for strictly or pretty new singers’ programmes. It is all shaping by the establishment....very long way to go.
    It's very pro-Establishment.

    The biggest farce was Zara Phillips winning it in 2006 for winning a showjumping competition that nobody ever normally takes any scrap of notice of. That she was the queen's granddaughter I'm sure had nothing to do with it.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •