Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Sinfield

In The South Stand

Default Kevin Sinfield

I watched Kevin come back finishing his 101 miles for MND and i know that Leeds fans have called him Sir for a long time but i think maybe it is time that it was made official and also what is the chance of him becoming BBC sports personality of the year , what a friend to have Rob Burrow .

Learning All The Songs

Well considering he is now involved with Rugby Union, I would wager his chances of both have increased markedly

In The South Stand

I thought that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Well considering he is now involved with Rugby Union, I would wager his chances of both have increased markedly

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    This, I’d imagine he’ll be knighted in the next set of queens honours for this one. It will be told to us as Rugby Union Coach Kevin Sinfield achieves knighthood for services to charity / MND. In the smaller print, inspired by his good friend and ex league player Rob Burrow.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    This, I’d imagine he’ll be knighted in the next set of queens honours for this one. It will be told to us as Rugby Union Coach Kevin Sinfield achieves knighthood for services to charity / MND. In the smaller print, inspired by his good friend and ex league player Rob Burrow.
    If he gets it he has deserved it, not like some of them.

In The South Stand

Thank you Kevin Sinfield. You’ve shown what true friendship is and also demonstrated something of the bond that holds a real team together. You’ve also kept public attention on MND.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

When there's alot of rubbish & incompetence going on in the world, Kevin Sinfield restores your faith in humanity.

Great man doing great things for a close friend and MND, a condition that probably gets overlooked. Heroic stuff doing the two challenges he's done these last few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    When there's alot of rubbish & incompetence going on in the world, Kevin Sinfield restores your faith in humanity.

Great man doing great things for a close friend and MND, a condition that probably gets overlooked. Heroic stuff doing the two challenges he's done these last few years.
    If anyone deserves an award it's Kevin. Selfless actions on behalf of those that need help.

Got A Replica Shirt

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    If anyone deserves an award it's Kevin. Selfless actions on behalf of those that need help.
    Well done, Kevin
    Bringing it all back home.

There is a petition going on change.org
    https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...sk&utm_term=cs

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    There is a petition going on change.org
    https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...sk&utm_term=cs
    Use this 'top of the petition' link https://www.change.org/p/the-governm...d-a-knighthood

I've just signed it.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

In The South Stand

So thats it then , forget about the 7 marathons that Sinfield did but make sure that you mention
    that he ran from That Rugby Union club that he coaches now . Right we did that now we have to mention Rugby League oh thats it St Helens won the championship again now who can we get to introduce that ahh thats it Vegas he can be depended on to make the game look silly , there you are job done .

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    So thats it then , forget about the 7 marathons that Sinfield did but make sure that you mention
    that he ran from That Rugby Union club that he coaches now . Right we did that now we have to mention Rugby League oh thats it St Helens won the championship again now who can we get to introduce that ahh thats it Vegas he can be depended on to make the game look silly , there you are job done .
    I agree that having Johnny Vegas will have gone down badly with those on here who are concerned about stereotypical coverage. All in all though I thought that Saints’ Men and Women got pretty good coverage compared to other sports and particularly Rugby Union, which had internationals on show. Not a good advert for the town though to show a deserted Church Street but maybe that’s how it is now.

I thought the programme failed to do Kevin Sinfield and his achievements justice but to be fair to the BBC they have spent a lot of air time highlighting MND, Rob Burrow and his family and Kevin Sinfield’s achievements.

PS This was posted by Saints on Facebook so the club must be happy with it:

https://fb.watch/9-tUc0EmoO/

There’s a bit of exuberance from the presenters as well, not just a cold outline of the facts.

PPS How do tennis players win so often? Tennis fans must vote big time.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 19th December 2021 at 23:24.

Rather the BBC had left us out & focused on Kevin Sinfield's achievements & Rob Burrow's ongoing battle.

Some things are more important

Starting A Programme Collection

[QUOTE=Saint Ged;838232]So thats it then , forget about the 7 marathons that Sinfield did but make sure that you mention
    that he ran from That Rugby Union club that he coaches now . Right we did that now we have to mention Rugby League oh thats it St Helens won the championship again now who can we get to introduce that ahh thats it Vegas he can be depended on to make the game look silly , there you are job done

Johnny Vegas seems like a really nice bloke but in my opinion he makes the game look embarrassing, like Eddie Waring in his later years, surely a voice over from an enthusiastic Clare Balding covering the year would have looked better than what appears to the South as a stereotypical northern thicko, I know most of it is his on screen personna but it's beginning to wear thin. Just my opinion, apologies to all the Vegas fans

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Can't understand how England football team got the Team of the year. Won absolutely nothing, great reward for mediocrity.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

In The South Stand

[QUOTE=Woolyback;838239]
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    that he ran from That Rugby Union club that he coaches now . Right we did that now we have to mention Rugby League oh thats it St Helens won the championship again now who can we get to introduce that ahh thats it Vegas he can be depended on to make the game look silly , there you are job done

Johnny Vegas seems like a really nice bloke but in my opinion he makes the game look embarrassing, like Eddie Waring in his later years, surely a voice over from an enthusiastic Clare Balding covering the year would have looked better than what appears to the South as a stereotypical northern thicko, I know most of it is his on screen personna but it's beginning to wear thin. Just my opinion, apologies to all the Vegas fans
    Would the BBC have given us such prominent coverage but for the Johnny Vegas piece? I think not.

Would they have given Kevin Sinfield any more coverage but for the Saints’ coverage. I think not because he would have only received more attention if they had given him a special award and they had clearly decided against that. As already mentioned, the BBC have given a lot of air time to covering the Rob Burrow story and Kevin Sinfield’s fund raising has been given a lot of attention both on national and local news and other programmes. There has been no anti-League bias but sensitive consideration of the effects of a devastating illness and a real friend’s attempts to do what he can to fund raise to fight that illness. Rob Burrow’s cheerful countenance despite what has happened to him and Kevin Sinfield’s tears have kept Rob in the public eye and in a lot of hearts.

In truth Kevin Sinfield may not get any more awards for his fundraising but I don’t think he cares. I think his concern is for his friend.

In passing, Claire Baldwin’s big red vee introduction was brilliant.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Can't understand how England football team got the Team of the year. Won absolutely nothing, great reward for mediocrity.
    I wasn't expecting us to win it, but I did think exactly the same as you.
    Let's give it to the team who came second!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    I Can - that’s how we do it in the UK , reward crap . That’s why we are miles behind in most sports

Remember when David Beckham won it , he won it for scoring a free kick ( albeit a good goal) to get us into the Euros . Had he not scored we would not have qualified! The goal was against Greece ! How sick must those have been who was nominated and came second behind that . I’m almost certain it was a female sailer Who soloed around the world in a Yacht race at the age that I still didn’t know what my tadger was for .

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Remember when David Beckham won it , he won it for scoring a free kick ( albeit a good goal) to get us into the Euros . Had he not scored we would not have qualified! The goal was against Greece ! How sick must those have been who was nominated and came second behind that . I’m almost certain it was a female sailer Who soloed around the world in a Yacht race at the age that I still didn’t know what my tadger was for .

Was it Ellen Mccarthur who had achieved the round the world feat?

I think it was to get England to the world cup in Japan/Korea, Beckham's free kick. It was the same day we got hammered by Wigan in the play off semi final as we had a severely depleted team

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Was it Ellen Mccarthur who had achieved the round the world feat?

I think it was to get England to the world cup in Japan/Korea, Beckham's free kick. It was the same day we got hammered by Wigan in the play off semi final as we had a severely depleted team
    I think it was Ellen MC . What and incredible feat that is . I know nothing about sailing but that is an incredible achievement beyond any goal , cycle race or anything else in my view . She must have been thinking , what do I need to do ? Sail to mars ! .

It was very early 2000 if I recall . I was gutted for her !

A long history of joke winners. Same folks who vote for strictly or pretty new singers’ programmes. It is all shaping by the establishment....very long way to go.

Banned

I hadn't read this thread before mentioning SPOTY in the women's team thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Quay View Post
    A long history of joke winners. Same folks who vote for strictly or pretty new singers’ programmes. It is all shaping by the establishment....very long way to go.
    It's very pro-Establishment.

The biggest farce was Zara Phillips winning it in 2006 for winning a showjumping competition that nobody ever normally takes any scrap of notice of. That she was the queen's granddaughter I'm sure had nothing to do with it.