JB&B Leach Banner
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Wcc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Wcc

    Saw a headline re potential for Penrith v Saints WCC as long as it is in Oz but then couldn't open the link! Anyone heard anything?

  2. #2
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,974
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Super League have made their schedule that doesn’t include the WCC, with the World Cup and congested season and Super League and it’s clubs won’t pay for us to go to Penrith.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  3. #3
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    37
    Posts
    8,080
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    They won't come here
    We won't go there

    Dead in the water

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,210
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Fair enough! Thanks for the feedback folks!

  5. #5
    In The West Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,469
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Saw a headline re potential for Penrith v Saints WCC as long as it is in Oz but then couldn't open the link! Anyone heard anything?
    https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...e-22242759.amp
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  6. #6
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    6,106
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Seem to remember when the Goons played over there they had a finance package put in place, can't see that being the case for Saints. Far too dissruptive as well with our season starting early and we don't know if quarantine rules might resurface.

  7. #7
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,713
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Seem to remember when the Goons played over there they had a finance package put in place, can't see that being the case for Saints. Far too dissruptive as well with our season starting early and we don't know if quarantine rules might resurface.
    I don't remember the actual figure, but when we last played in the WCC we paid an astronomical figure. It was total expenses for about 40 people.

  8. #8
    Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,300
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I would absolutely love us to have a crack at it... The only possible way to do it would be in mid January and use it as our pre-season. Doubt Penrith or Saints would be willing to do that though

  9. #9
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    261
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don't remember the actual figure, but when we last played in the WCC we paid an astronomical figure. It was total expenses for about 40 people.
    The article quote 300,000 in total.

  10. #10
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,639
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Get over there and get it played

  11. #11
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,713
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The article quote 300,000 in total.
    I had the fighure of 400k in my head but I couldn't remember for sure, so I stand corrected

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •