Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Wcc

Learning All The Songs

Default Wcc

Saw a headline re potential for Penrith v Saints WCC as long as it is in Oz but then couldn't open the link! Anyone heard anything?

In The South Stand

Super League have made their schedule that doesn’t include the WCC, with the World Cup and congested season and Super League and it’s clubs won’t pay for us to go to Penrith.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

They won't come here
    We won't go there

Dead in the water

Learning All The Songs

Fair enough! Thanks for the feedback folks!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snellinmo View Post
    Saw a headline re potential for Penrith v Saints WCC as long as it is in Oz but then couldn't open the link! Anyone heard anything?
    https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport...e-22242759.amp
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Seem to remember when the Goons played over there they had a finance package put in place, can't see that being the case for Saints. Far too dissruptive as well with our season starting early and we don't know if quarantine rules might resurface.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Seem to remember when the Goons played over there they had a finance package put in place, can't see that being the case for Saints. Far too dissruptive as well with our season starting early and we don't know if quarantine rules might resurface.
    I don't remember the actual figure, but when we last played in the WCC we paid an astronomical figure. It was total expenses for about 40 people.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

I would absolutely love us to have a crack at it... The only possible way to do it would be in mid January and use it as our pre-season. Doubt Penrith or Saints would be willing to do that though

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I don't remember the actual figure, but when we last played in the WCC we paid an astronomical figure. It was total expenses for about 40 people.
    The article quote £300,000 in total.

Get over there and get it played

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The article quote £300,000 in total.
    I had the fighure of 400k in my head but I couldn't remember for sure, so I stand corrected

In The South Stand

It’s worrying that they’re saying they absolutely wouldn’t come here when their national side has already refused to come for one World Cup, with the replacement planned this year.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Maximum preparation for going for four on the bounce far outweighs going to Aus for this in my opinion
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

I can't see any sense in it after the financial bruising dished out by COVID. Didn't Wigan's recent trip end up being financially disastrous?

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I can't see any sense in it after the financial bruising dished out by COVID. Didn't Wigan's recent trip end up being financially disastrous?
    Is that why their recruitment is in the toilet?

In The South Stand

Default Wcc

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Their trip was a farce from the start - pure hubris. It wasn’t even the WCC was it, didn’t they play Hull out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Their trip was a farce from the start - pure hubris. It wasn’t even the WCC was it, didn’t they play Hull out there?

Might be referring to the WCC in 2014 when they played Sydney Roosters although I can't fathom why it would have been financially disastrous?

Think it was the one where they played NZ Warriors in a warm up game and Wane had a bit of a half time rant...

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post

Yes, that’s right - that’s the one I was thinking of. IIRC Kris Radkinski did an interview with Dave Woods on the BBC RL podcast and it sounded like that trip cost them a lot of money for very little benefit.

In The South Stand

The Penrith coach was one of the most prominent and vocal opponents of the WC happening, he has no interest in this match so I don't see any wa it will happen.

I suspect they are paying lip service that if Saints travel under unworkable conditions they will play, knowing it won't happen.

Got A Season Ticket

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The WCC has lost its gloss, much better bragging rights if we create a record 4 Superleague Champions in a row, which might be an everlasting feat.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Might be referring to the WCC in 2014 when they played Sydney Roosters although I can't fathom why it would have been financially disastrous?

Think it was the one where they played NZ Warriors in a warm up game and Wane had a bit of a half time rant...
    That made for hilarious and damning TV. Radlinski claiming Sonny Bill Williams was rubbish and Wane telling his players to actually attack people, which really should have been used as evidence when Flower did his completely unintentional and unplanned party piece in the Grand Final.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    That made for hilarious and damning TV. Radlinski claiming Sonny Bill Williams was rubbish and Wane telling his players to actually attack people, which really should have been used as evidence when Flower did his completely unintentional and unplanned party piece in the Grand Final.
    Yeah I said that at the time. How there wasn't a sanction against him as a coach for that video is beyond me. You can imagine what the discussion was before that Grand Final. It wasn't about their kicking game that's for sure.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    The WCC has lost its gloss, much better bragging rights if we create a record 4 Superleague Champions in a row, which might be an everlasting feat.
    I’m with you, i couldn’t care less about it now.