Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Squad Numbers

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Some squad we have for next season.

The fact Konrad Hurrell is 23 shows how much quality and depth we have throughout.

The only concern I have for what season is the kicking game and half back depth should 1 of then go down long term, but the rest is full of depth and quality. There's some really exciting young players coming through and I can't wait to see what Welsby can do playing regularly in a settled position.
    Welsby, Lussick & Hopoate can all cover in the half backs. Hopoate has done for Tonga..

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Who will be the main goal kicker?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    Who will be the main goal kicker?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    I expect dodd. But if you remember last year makinson rarely missed when he was kicking covering coote

Learning All The Songs

I would have liked another prop added to the squad. LMS & Amor despite doing a good job are ageing now. We don’t know what Norman is going to be like so id imagine we could be relying on Walmsley to make the big yards with the help of Paasi.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    I would have liked another prop added to the squad. LMS & Amor despite doing a good job are ageing now. We don’t know what Norman is going to be like so id imagine we could be relying on Walmsley to make the big yards with the help of Paasi.
    Every club wants a prop, we have 6 with Walmsley and Lees starting, Paasi from the bench supported by either Amor, LMS or Norman. No issues for me at prop. More concerning is at half back with no natural back up like we have when throwing Dodd in this season. Dodd or worse still, Lomax drop injured it means playing positional merry-go-round with centres playing full back, full back playing stand off and so on which can mess with the flow of the team. One thing I will say is, the clubs recruitment policy has clearly kept an eye on this when signing ‘position flexible’ players which is excellent foresight.

Also, goalkicker should be Dodd but is likely to be Makinson so Dodd can concentrate on his game as our starting 7 this season.