Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: New kit

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    We had some good shirts around that era. The 2006 shirts were also superb.
    Yeah I think they were Puma, the black one was especially great. Real built to last quality

Haven’t bought a kit since I was a kid as it’s not my style. I do normally buy a couple of training t shirts and shorts each year. However just been down to the shop, it’s the first time I’ve physically seen the new range since it has been out.

It’s awful quality, seems to be worse than normal. The material is so thin and the badge looks to have been drawn on.

I won’t be buying anything this year for me or my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Yeah I think they were Puma, the black one was especially great. Real built to last quality
    Good quality those shirts

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Funny I remember liking the 2004 home and away top. The only thing that was an issue was the all:sports logo cracking and peeling off after 1 wash. To the club's credit, they listened to the fans and corrected for 2005, which for me is the only year that the club absolutely nailed both the home and the away shirt.
    Spot on that year, I'd long wanted the pale blue shirt with the dark blue vee

In The South Stand

Still can't buy the home kit. Sad times.

Starting A Programme Collection tongey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Haven’t bought a kit since I was a kid as it’s not my style. I do normally buy a couple of training t shirts and shorts each year. However just been down to the shop, it’s the first time I’ve physically seen the new range since it has been out.

It’s awful quality, seems to be worse than normal. The material is so thin and the badge looks to have been drawn on.

I won’t be buying anything this year for me or my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally agree with you there Stu, I've not bought anything for myself since its gone to O'Neills. I tend to get my son a top a year but looking at the kits and training range he might just go a year without.

Does anyone know when we the deal with O'Neills runs out. I've never seen anything to say we've agreed a new deal with them for years. Asked in to the shop today but the staff just replied we've no idea.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Started shopping in Home Bargains now still drink Typhoo as well !
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

Has anyone been in the shop and asked about the home kit? It's still not available to order and they are running out of time for Christmas, which presumably would be the bulk of their sales.

Wonder if we'll get a retro offering this year, like we had with the McEwans Lager tops last year.
    I ate a tuna sandwich on my first day!

Starting A Programme Collection tongey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Has anyone been in the shop and asked about the home kit? It's still not available to order and they are running out of time for Christmas, which presumably would be the bulk of their sales.
    Was told last week saints have been promised a delivery before this weekend.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by tongey View Post
    Cheers, hopefully that's the case. Still completely unavailable on the website.

From a commercial perspective it really worries me that the club won't just take orders for the kits.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by tongey View Post
    Your source was correct. Managed to get the order in today.

Got A Season Ticket

They club have just posted on Instagram that all sizes are currently available in the shop

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

I went into the shop to buy two kids kits for my twins. One home. One away. No away shorts until the end of Jan. Said they hadn't ordered enough. 30/70 percent shorts to shirt ratio. Virtually every kid wants a full kit. Spent 120 quid and left the shop disappointed. One upset kid on Christmas day.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billinge Bren View Post
    I went into the shop to buy two kids kits for my twins. One home. One away. No away shorts until the end of Jan. Said they hadn't ordered enough. 30/70 percent shorts to shirt ratio. Virtually every kid wants a full kit. Spent 120 quid and left the shop disappointed. One upset kid on Christmas day.

Maybe you need to reassess how you have raised your kids if they are going to get upset on Christmas about not getting a pair of shorts! Most kids will be lucky to get the shirt at Christmas, given the cost of everything these days, so maybe they should be grateful for what they do get.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBT View Post
    Maybe you need to reassess how you have raised your kids if they are going to get upset on Christmas about not getting a pair of shorts! Most kids will be lucky to get the shirt at Christmas, given the cost of everything these days, so maybe they should be grateful for what they do get.
    I think you're missing the point that BB is making about the club not ordering enough for the Christmas demand.

Learning All The Songs

Looks like you have one little Mard arse there.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Looks like you have one little Mard arse there.
    Love it. To be fair it might have been all they asked for.

It does seem like either the club or the manufacturer has completely messed up this year. The kits were unavailable for most of December and a lot of sizes still are. Either the kits have been a sensational success or there has been an issue with supply. There will be hundreds of families who have gone in to get the kit for Christmas and found it unavailable. For the clubs sake I just hope they come back to get it after Christmas rather than getting them a Liverpool kit.

This has caused me no end of trauma this year. We've got about five or six relatives who just get the Saints kit for the kids/Grandkids and they always get it through meas we live closer so can nip to the ground if needed. I'm definitely a big mard arse so I'll call myself that before anyone adds that.

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    On the flip side, I used to buy the home top each year until we brought a monstrosity out and I decided to buy a retro top instead. Now I have the retro top, I don't need to update my shirt at all. So, in reality, bringing out a top I don't like has now cost them future sales. As soon as people get out of the habit of buying a new top, many won't get back into it. I think once you are beyond childhood, you're much less likely to buy a top you don't like just for the sake of keeping up with the Jones's on the terraces.

The St. George post elsewhere hits the nail on the head. They never stray from a variant of all white with a red vee and generally every year I look at their kit and wish it was ours. They respect the tradition and see no need to move away from it.
    I was the same. I didn't like the home shirt so I bought a retro. Now I buy a new retro every few years when the last one starts to fall apart. I think the Magic Shirts also age well. I just bought the first one on eBay with the intention of wearing that to a game or two.

If I remember Chris Joynt's testimonial shirt started a lot of this habit off. It looked so much better than the actual shirt at the time.

Edit: I just checked. 2009 was the last time I bought a kit new. The 2009 and 2010 kits were both terrible. So that is what got me out the habit. 2009 was so cheap and nasty, I just hated wearing it.
    Last edited by Noel Cleal; 20th December 2021 at 15:02.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

You've obviously never had twins. It's no real big deal so no need for the aggression and questioning how I bring up my kids. My point is Saints couldn't organise a •••• up in a brewery. New kit. Lots of parents wanting to buy and don't have stock in. It's nice to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I think you're missing the point that BB is making about the club not ordering enough for the Christmas demand.
    Correct. My point made exactly.

Correct. My point made exactly.

If that was your point, no need to mention that you kid will be upset on Christmas Day was there (so therefore it must be a big deal to you), other than looking for sympathy

If that was your point, no need to mention that you kid will be upset on Christmas Day was there (so therefore it must be a big deal to you), other than looking for sympathy
    I was just trying to make the point that Saints miss so many opportunities to make money repeatedly. It gets boring. When his twin brother opens his kit he will be disappointed. Simple. They are competitive by nature. You don't know how much I spend on them. It's irrelevant. I have more important things in my life than trying to derive sympathy on a Saints forum. I just want to walk into the Saints shop and buy something without there being a problem. It just happens so regularly it's frustrating.

I was just trying to make the point that Saints miss so many opportunities to make money repeatedly. It gets boring. When his twin brother opens his kit he will be disappointed. Simple. They are competitive by nature. You don't know how much I spend on them. It's irrelevant. I have more important things in my life than trying to derive sympathy on a Saints forum. I just want to walk into the Saints shop and buy something without there being a problem. It just happens so regularly it's frustrating.

But that has been happening for years, so I don't know why anyone is surprised by it.

Only getting the adult shirts in last week, or whenever it was, when the kit was released in November is frankly just a joke by the club. It may have been out of their hands, i.e. not being supplied properly by O'Neills, but don't launch something you don't have when you know full well the demand will be there but you can't supply.

But that has been happening for years, so I don't know why anyone is surprised by it.

Only getting the adult shirts in last week, or whenever it was, when the kit was released in November is frankly just a joke by the club. It may have been out of their hands, i.e. not being supplied properly by O'Neills, but don't launch something you don't have when you know full well the demand will be there but you can't supply.
    I couldn't agree with you more. The lad in the shop agreed that the mark up is bigger with O'Neils. No point having a bigger margin if the supplier can't supply. Perhaps concentrate on ordering more than enough home and away kits and a smaller range of cheap and tacky training shirts. I didn't get one as 130 quid at once in thd shop was enough!