Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: New kit

Perhaps the club read the reactions on here/various social media to the new kit and decided that there was no need for large stocks. Equally, perhaps demand has far exceeded supply because the silent majority loved the new designs and rushed out to purchase everything. If Saints management are risk-averse and frugal, they probably prefer to see unsatisfied demands rather than significant unsold stock and determine initial order levels from O’Neills accordingly.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Perhaps the club read the reactions on here/various social media to the new kit and decided that there was no need for large stocks. Equally, perhaps demand has far exceeded supply because the silent majority loved the new designs and rushed out to purchase everything. If Saints management are risk-averse and frugal, they probably prefer to see unsatisfied demands rather than significant unsold stock and determine initial order levels from O’Neills accordingly.
    Nahh. They just f**ked it up.

Got A Season Ticket Billinge Bren's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Nahh. They just f**ked it up.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I was given the away shirt as a Christmas present and have to say it is a quality shirt.No complaints from me. Can I just remind everyone there is a global pandemic on and most supplies are subject to delays. Bit harsh to slag the club off here.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I was given the away shirt as a Christmas present and have to say it is a quality shirt.No complaints from me. Can I just remind everyone there is a global pandemic on and most supplies are subject to delays. Bit harsh to slag the club off here.
    I'm not so much blaming the club, just worried about how much commercial wastage there is. The shirt is always released very late in the day and we had a situation where the kit in almost all sizes was unavailable for the vast majority of the time from release to Christmas. I'd estimate 80-90% of the kids the club sells would be sold during this period and it's a worry that the kit was unavailable for most of that time. I would normally spend £2-300 of various family members money on Saints stuff for Christmas for various kids in the family. This year because the kits and training gear were out of stock, that turned into £90 for the club. So they got a third of the money they usually get and JD/Game got the rest. Spread my experience across the 15,000 active fans we have and it's not a pretty picture.

If it's just because there were production and logistics issues with the suppliers and sorting sponsorship, it's unfortunate. But in a normal season there is no reason why the designs couldn't be released around Grand Final night with a pre-order system. A) Because the club then capitalises on the goodwill around the club if we win the final and so they can judge popularity and sort their orders from there.

Got A Replica Shirt

Hull Daily Mail's rating of Saints new kit.
    Their home strip is a different take on their traditional look, but the modern pattern across the chest makes it a bit busy.

Saints' away kit comes in a bold colour scheme but the design is the downfall of this jersey.

Home rating: 5.5/10 Away rating: 3/10

Let's face it its the player inside the shirt that really matters.
    Bringing it all back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Peters View Post
    Hull Daily Mail's rating of Saints new kit.
    Their home strip is a different take on their traditional look, but the modern pattern across the chest makes it a bit busy.

Saints' away kit comes in a bold colour scheme but the design is the downfall of this jersey.

Home rating: 5.5/10 Away rating: 3/10

Let's face it its the player inside the shirt that really matters.
    At least the away kit scores higher than the chances of either Hull team becoming champions.

Starting A Programme Collection

Are the home shirts in stock now?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo8 View Post
    Are the home shirts in stock now?
    If you are less than 9 or take an XL then yes. Otherwise no.

I've been trying.
    It's quite frustrating that you can't pay now to reserve one, particularly as the discount on shirts for ST holders expires at the end of this month.
    Hopefully they will extend that period as a PR gesture!

Starting A Programme Collection

Just spoken to someone at the club shop. They were expecting a delivery late last week, but it didn't turn up so they are now waiting for them to arrive.

Got A Season Ticket

I have to say I thought the kit looked good on the players in the Leigh game

Shirts are now available, but it sounds like a very small delivery so get in quickly!