Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: No jab for Thompson

Thick As Mince

Some very strange 'Im houlier than you' views on here. Im not jabbed, nor am i going to be. I do find it very interesting though that not one person wants or asks to know the reason why (like it's any of their business anyway) you just wade in with your media brainwashed views and point at people and make judgement like you are some kind of higher power. You can scream all you want, it just shows us who the hysterical attention seeking virtue signallers are. If you are double jabbed what's your problem. It's the magic formula isn't it? So whether people are jabbed around you shouldn't matter. Not like you can do anything about it anyway. A virus that is so deadly that you need to be tested to know if you have had it. Only the views of one scientist are applicable, one appointed by the government. None of the others that are telling you different things get the platform Whitty does but the gullible lefties do as they are told. See you in Tesco.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Some very strange 'Im houlier than you' views on here. Im not jabbed, nor am i going to be. I do find it very interesting though that not one person wants or asks to know the reason why (like it's any of their business anyway) you just wade in with your media brainwashed views and point at people and make judgement like you are some kind of higher power. You can scream all you want, it just shows us who the hysterical attention seeking virtue signallers are. If you are double jabbed what's your problem. It's the magic formula isn't it? So whether people are jabbed around you shouldn't matter. Not like you can do anything about it anyway. A virus that is so deadly that you need to be tested to know if you have had it. Only the views of one scientist are applicable, one appointed by the government. None of the others that are telling you different things get the platform Whitty does but the gullible lefties do as they are told. See you in Tesco.
    I don’t know what your reasons for not getting jabbed are. But here is some research I have done (taking all data from the ONS)

Currently the chances of catching coivid is ~2% and the chance of dying with Covid is ~1.6 % if you are unvaccinated

That means for the unvaccinated the chance of dying for Covid is (0.02 x 0.016)x100= 0.032% or 1 in 3,125

Double vaccinated people do die of Covid but it is 1% of the deaths from Covid

That means for the double vaccinated the chance of dying from Covid is (0.02 x 0.016 x 0.01) x 100= 0.00032% or 1 in 312,500

Now I don’t know the exact chances of getting a serious complication from the vaccine but it is certainly greater than 1 in 1 million

To put these figures into context the chance of dying from cancer is 0.3 in 1000 or 0.03% or 1 in 3,333

So although these numbers appear small the chances of the unvaccinated dying of Covid is similar to that of cancer, and If you do things to avoid cancer , like don’t smoke them why wouldn’t you do things to avoid Covid, like get vaccinated.

(However if anybody smokes/vapes and doesn’t get vaccinated then that is the definition pure stupidity)

Those figures for catching Covid are for a vaccinated population, and in a unvaccinated population the chances of catching Covid increases to between 5% and 10% (you do the maths replace 0.02 with 0.05 or 0.1)

Being unvaccinated increases your risk of dying from Covid, not getting vaccinated increase the prevalence of Covid, so not getting vaccinated increase the risk for others.

So I don’t know your reason but when faced with these fact you probably still won’t get vaccinated because contry to the evidence you will still think that a odds of 1 in 3000 of dying are better than 1 in several million of getting a serious side effect.

P.s in this post I have laid out the figure I have used and my calculations so anybody can look this up and if I have got something wrong they can provide new correct info.
    Last edited by Bostik Bailey; 2nd November 2021 at 08:10.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I don’t know what your reasons for not getting jabbed are. But here is some reader here I have done (taking all data from the ONS)

Currently the chances of catching coivid is ~2% and the chance of dying with Covid is ~1.6 % if you are unvaccinated

That means for the unvaccinated the chance of dying for Covid is (0.02 x 0.016)x100= 0.032% or 1 in 3,125

Double vaccinated people do die of Covid but it is 1% of the deaths from Covid

That means for the double vaccinated the chance of dying from Covid is (0.02 x 0.016 x 0.01) x 100= 0.00032% or 1 in 312,500

Now I don’t know the exact chances of getting a serious complication from the vaccine but it is certainly greater than 1 in 1 million

To put these figures into context the chance of dying from cancer is 0.3 in 1000 or 0.03% or 1 in 3,333

So although these numbers appear small the chances of h
    Could you finish your summary? I was getting interested.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Could you finish your summary? I was getting interested.
    Done bloody iPad jumping arround

Learning All The Songs

Well at least Covid is actually starting to be beneficial to society now. Around 99% of the people its now killing are the stupid & selfish ones, so its at least improving the countries gene pool for future generations

In The South Stand

Done bloody iPad jumping arround
    Thank you for that - you’ve put some work in but the statistical information is still easy to follow.

Got A Season Ticket

If people want to know how to interpret statistics and data free from confirmation bias or media bias then I would highly recommend this book.

Covid by Numbers by Sir David Spiegelhalter and Anthony Masters

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/024...KL5A1OLE&psc=1

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    If people want to know how to interpret statistics and data free from confirmation bias or media bias then I would highly recommend this book.

Covid by Numbers by Sir David Spiegelhalter and Anthony Masters

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/024...KL5A1OLE&psc=1

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Not read his book on Covid but Spegelhalter has also written an excellent book, the ‘art of statistics”, which is a very good book but does need a small amount of prior knowledge, a more accessible book on this subject as a whole is “Calling Bullshit”

https://uk.bookshop.org/books?keywords=Calling+bullshit

Although Spiegalhalter is excellent

Starting A Programme Collection

Don't forget your face mask when in Tesco.

In The West Stand

My wifes extremely clinically vulnerable due to having immunosuppressants. Theres a good chance that even with three jabs that if she were to catch it, it could cause a severe reaction.

Your choice puts my wife in danger. Thats not "hysterical attention seeking", but a fact. We all seem to forget we're members of a society, and instead whatever crackpot nonsense you can come up with is more important than your neighbors health.

Also I dont think you understand how science works if you think only 1 scientists view is applicable...

Learning All The Songs

It's not about you.

It's about the vulnerable people around you. If you can't wrap your head around the fact that prevantitive measures can decrease the likelihoood of causing someone else to die there's not much more to say really. There's a great post above from Bostik Bailey which is quite an accurate reflection from a purely statistical point of view.

Banned

I think 'Wiganer' isn't even a wiganer, and is just someone on here's troll persona.

Learning All The Songs

Over here 91.8% of people over 15 are vaccinated (one county has 98%), 75% of the population of just under 5 million are fully vaccinated, top of the class apparently. Today there is talk of another lockdown, there is serious unrest within the medical profession as to the measures taken and the results gained. Many are stating we are just going to have to live with this virus as the efficacy of the vaccines and the natural variants changes cannot be controlled. We are going to have to live with this virus.
    Very good statistical post by Bostik above but the 1.6% chance of dying for unvaccinated is, within all age groups, the vast majority of people under 65 years of age unvaccinated who are reasonably healthy with no obvious under lying conditions are not going to die of this virus. Vaccinated there is a further reduction in death and serious illness, why are we following this protocol is the question many industry experts are asking.
    The b

Learning All The Songs

Default Thail

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Over here 91.8% of people over 15 are vaccinated (one county has 98%), 75% of the population of just under 5 million are fully vaccinated, top of the class apparently. Today there is talk of another lockdown, there is serious unrest within the medical profession as to the measures taken and the results gained. Many are stating we are just going to have to live with this virus as the efficacy of the vaccines and the natural variants changes cannot be controlled. We are going to have to live with this virus.
    Very good statistical post by Bostik above but the 1.6% chance of dying for unvaccinated is, within all age groups, the vast majority of people under 65 years of age unvaccinated who are reasonably healthy with no obvious under lying conditions are not going to die of this virus. Vaccinated there is a further reduction in death and serious illness, why are we following this protocol is the question many industry experts are asking.
    The b
    Ok I was open with my figures and yes they are all age groups. If you want to work out those numbers per age group please do so.

Is what you are saying just because the fit and healthy have a small risk of dying we can throw the old and vulnerable overboard.?

“the vast majority of people under 65 years of age unvaccinated who are reasonably healthy with no obvious under lying conditions are not going to die of this virus.”

That is basically what the data says it there is a vary small chance of dying in this age group but not that there is zero chance. the data also says that the overall death rate of Covid is approximately the same as cancer. If you distill these figures down into age groups, and people with underlying health conditions the death rates start to get pretty scary. So these figures will be about right for a fit and healthy middle aged person.

And this data is in a vaccinated population, in an unvaccinated population the prevalence of Covid rises to 5%-10%, now crunch the numbers and see how the death rate increases.

Also these death rates are currently in a health care system that can cope (just about), if the rates increase then we will get to a scenario that Italy had at the beginning of the pandemic whereby only palliative care could be offered if you were seriously ill with Covid. We know what will happen if Covid is loose in an unvaccinated population.

The analysis show that being unvaccinated results in a higher prevalence in Covid, which in turn results in a higher death rate. Which will proportionally affect the vulnerable in our society

I will ask a question to you. Do you do things to avoid cancer, i.e are you a smoker? If you don’t smoke it reduces your risk of cancer, then why don’t you reduce your risk of dying from Covid? Any argument about the risks of serious side effects should be invalid given the data.

Oh and It would be great if you could point me in the direction of these many medical (industry) experts that are questioning following the protocol of mass vaccination.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

It always amuses me that people brainwashed by cranks on the internet accuse everybody else of being brainwashed.

I think we are all aware of the standard manual recitals now. Let me guess. You research this and we don't. We are gullible for trusting in scientists and medical experts. You are not gullible for believing medical cranks and bandana wearing bloggers from Arkansas. We are "hysterical and screaming" says the man screaming whilst being hysterical.

I don't know why people like yourself can't differentiate between the meaning of elimination and mitigation, but maybe if you did some "research" then maybe you could find out.

Confirmation bias is a wonderful concept and if you have a pre-conceived idea then it is easy to find something on the internet to back you up. However, I'm sure if you had a trip around to our many NHS Hospitals and had chats with a few respiratory consultants, you'd probably realise that they nearly all agree with the mainstream opinion, not because they are "gullible" but because they have had years of experience working in a field that they spent many other years training to get to. A Degree in Suggestive Googling can be attained in a matter of seconds.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Ok I was open with my figures and yes they are all age groups. If you want to work out those numbers per age group please do so.

Is what you are saying just because the fit and healthy have a small risk of dying we can throw the old and vulnerable overboard.?

“the vast majority of people under 65 years of age unvaccinated who are reasonably healthy with no obvious under lying conditions are not going to die of this virus.”

That is basically what the data says it there is a vary small chance of dying in this age group but not that there is zero chance. the data also says that the overall death rate of Covid is approximately the same as cancer. If you distill these figures down into age groups, and people with underlying health conditions the death rates start to get pretty scary. So these figures will be about right for a fit and healthy middle aged person.

And this data is in a vaccinated population, in an unvaccinated population the prevalence of Covid rises to 5%-10%, now crunch the numbers and see how the death rate increases.

Also these death rates are currently in a health care system that can cope (just about), if the rates increase then we will get to a scenario that Italy had at the beginning of the pandemic whereby only palliative care could be offered if you were seriously ill with Covid. We know what will happen if Covid is loose in an unvaccinated population.

The analysis show that being unvaccinated results in a higher prevalence in Covid, which in turn results in a higher death rate. Which will proportionally affect the vulnerable in our society

I will ask a question to you. Do you do things to avoid cancer, i.e are you a smoker? If you don’t smoke it reduces your risk of cancer, then why don’t you reduce your risk of dying from Covid? Any argument about the risks of serious side effects should be invalid given the data.

Oh and It would be great if you could point me in the direction of these many medical (industry) experts that are questioning following the protocol of mass vaccination.
    I’ve read your posts above including this one and you’re clearly someone who speaks sense and reality using figures to back up the words In relation to the vaccine and this awful virus. One thing you have got wrong here is, you can’t teach stupid and no matter how many truths some of the lunatics in this country (and around the world) are told you will never reason with them.

Banned

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    It always amuses me that people brainwashed by cranks on the internet accuse everybody else of being brainwashed.

I think we are all aware of the standard manual recitals now. Let me guess. You research this and we don't. We are gullible for trusting in scientists and medical experts. You are not gullible for believing medical cranks and bandana wearing bloggers from Arkansas. We are "hysterical and screaming" says the man screaming whilst being hysterical.

I don't know why people like yourself can't differentiate between the meaning of elimination and mitigation, but maybe if you did some "research" then maybe you could find out.

Confirmation bias is a wonderful concept and if you have a pre-conceived idea then it is easy to find something on the internet to back you up. However, I'm sure if you had a trip around to our many NHS Hospitals and had chats with a few respiratory consultants, you'd probably realise that they nearly all agree with the mainstream opinion, not because they are "gullible" but because they have had years of experience working in a field that they spent many other years training to get to. A Degree in Suggestive Googling can be attained in a matter of seconds.
    Your first para says it all.

Learning All The Songs

Let’s look at the reasons why people don’t get vaccinated

1: I’m fit and healthy the chances of me dying are very small. TRUE, but incredibly selfish since you will aid the spread of the virus and put the more vulnerable in society i more danger.

2: I’m worried about the serious side effects, well the analysis shows the chances of dying from Covid are orders of magnitude more than the chance of getting a serious side effect.

3: I’m worried it’s another thalidomide. Well thalidomide was a drug, not a vaccine, the protocols became much stricter because of thalidomide. And in the a early stages of the roll out it wasn’t give to pregnant women simply because there was insufficient data on the risk. Medically there was no risk but caution righty prevailed.

4: it has nano particles that allow Bill Gates and big business to track you movement, (this is done by people paying to carry devices that can track their movement and record their voices)

5: it is the first step on the way to an oppressive state.

6: It’s big pharma cashing in, yes that’s their business. Meanwhile Google etc cash in on the crank searches

Learning All The Songs

6: It’s big pharma cashing in, yes that’s their business.
    Not entirely true !
    Oxford AstraZenica Covid Vaccine is "not for profit" which is why its half the price of all the other vaccines out there.
    They are counting on the work they do with this vaccine development to lead to breakthroughs and them being able to recoup their costs with future medical products.

Learning All The Songs

Thanks but isn’t that the whole point of vacation, it lowers the risk of dying in the higher risk groups. My simple data sort of shows that i.e the simple average chance of dying is low for the low risk groups so vaccination does not really benefit that group (i.e the ARR is always low).However by mass vaccination it significantly lowers the death rate in the high risk group (the RRR is high), thereby lowering the death rate.

As I said if we all thought I’m not at risk of dying so I won’t bother getting a vaccination, then the at risk group would be in serious trouble.

I suppose it boils down how you see how society should function.

Edit posts before this have been deleted, so I’m not replying to Saint Toppy with this
    Last edited by Bostik Bailey; 4th November 2021 at 08:09.

Redvee Founder & Editor in Chief,
    Fundraiser & Flagbearer,
    Facebooker & Tweeter,
    and Media Whore. Call me.

Anti-Vaxxer propaganda and misinformation will not be tolerated on here.\

Covid is real, very real.

@RedveeDotNet

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post

Bronco yes it was propaganda, however most of that post was easily refuted, I was going to take a few hours today to go through the claims in detail, because it had stayed up I couldn’t let so many selective facts, that were presented without context go unchallenged (aside from some very selective reports).

Thank you for giving me back a few hours if my life.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post

Well done

In The South Stand

Bronco yes it was propaganda, however most of that post was easily refuted, I was going to take a few hours today to go through the claims in detail, because it had stayed up I couldn’t let so many selective facts, that were presented without context go unchallenged (aside from some very selective reports).

Thank you for giving me back a few hours if my life.
    I looked at the posts last night and couldn’t face fact checking them. I think you’ve saved yourself more than a few hours!