Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOANED OUT - Aaron Smith 1 year

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Good move I think. He won't play at all for us next season, he's 25 and needs to be playing at a higher level than reserve rugby. He needs to kick on in his career, he's really stagnated since 2019.

We have Roby and Lussick as our hookers but Knowles and Bell can also play there if were desperate, so we'll be absolutely fine enxt year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

I think we need to see how Lussick gets on. He is no where near a Roby. That may be Smith's problem after having Cunningham and Roby most players would only be a are a pale comparison.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Good move I think. He won't play at all for us next season, he's 25 and needs to be playing at a higher level than reserve rugby. He needs to kick on in his career, he's really stagnated since 2019.

We have Roby and Lussick as our hookers but Knowles and Bell can also play there if were desperate, so we'll be absolutely fine enxt year.
    My gut feeling is that the Taylor Pemberton transition to hooker might not be quite good enough for superleague and maybe in the medium term we want to keep hold of Smith as a bit of an insurance policy in case Roby and Lussick doesn't achieve the right effects further down the track.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

I think this is a good idea, frees up a little bit of cap space if we need it and lets a player get near guaranteed game time, if he improves, great, if he doesnt, we havent lost anything. A full season of Championship rugby could be what he needs to toughen up a bit and polish rough areas of his game.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    My gut feeling is that the Taylor Pemberton transition to hooker might not be quite good enough for superleague and maybe in the medium term we want to keep hold of Smith as a bit of an insurance policy in case Roby and Lussick doesn't achieve the right effects further down the track.
    So before he’s even made his debut, your feeling is that Pemberton won’t make it??

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Great move for him in my opinion
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    So before he’s even made his debut, your feeling is that Pemberton won’t make it??
    Thats correct in respect to being a no 9, I,ve watched him in quite a few games now, think the last game I saw him play was in the Lancashire Acadamey side he was very poor at 9. Prior to moving positions I had him down as one of the brightest propects but that was as a 6 or 13. My gut feeling is that he might not make his debut at 9 but time will tell.

Default LOANED OUT - Aaron Smith 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    I think we need to see how Lussick gets on. He is no where near a Roby. That may be Smith's problem after having Cunningham and Roby most players would only be a are a pale comparison.
    I don’t think that’s the issue. Whoever replaces Roby isn’t going to be nearly as good as he was at his best. The question is whether his replacement is as good as or better than the other top hookers in the league. Lussick I suspect probably is. Smith is nowhere near that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Thats correct in respect to being a no 9, I,ve watched him in quite a few games now, think the last game I saw him play was in the Lancashire Acadamey side he was very poor at 9. Prior to moving positions I had him down as one of the brightest propects but that was as a 6 or 13. My gut feeling is that he might not make his debut at 9 but time will tell.
    He was very poor in that Lancashire game.

In The South Stand

He was but it has also got to be said that the Yorkshire lads apart from being good were also big beggars .

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    He was very poor in that Lancashire game.
    Our prop Appleby played poorly as well had to take him off after 10 mins, our player Ganson played very well, I was expecting our Pemberton to be taken off but he got injured instead.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Our prop Appleby played poorly as well had to take him off after 10 mins, our player Ganson played very well, I was expecting our Pemberton to be taken off but he got injured instead.
    Agreed Ganson was one of the stand outs in a team that was always second best.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Aaron Smith scored our final try in the dying seconds today's game, that enabled Krisnan Inu to convert and make it a 100 points v York for the (aptly named) Leigh Centurions. Good lad.....

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Budgiezilla View Post
    Aaron Smith scored our final try in the dying seconds today's game, that enabled Krisnan Inu to convert and make it a 100 points v York for the (aptly named) Leigh Centurions. Good lad.....
    Do you have any indication if hes staying with you assuming youre promoted? Heard a bit of pub talk that Wakefield had made him an offer, but all still seems very quiet...

In The South Stand

He is as good as Lussick , in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Lussick is much better but has offered not much more than Smith for large parts of the season.

The next few weeks are his chance to show we signed the Salford Lussick not the Parramatta Lussick

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Lussick is marginally better and more durable. Smith might only last a couple of games then miss a few games with a head knock.

Got A Season Ticket Budgiezilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magic superbeetle View Post
    Do you have any indication if hes staying with you assuming youre promoted? Heard a bit of pub talk that Wakefield had made him an offer, but all still seems very quiet...
    Not really, but my mate's brother who is one of the club's regular sponsors said that he got told that Smith wants Super League next season, and also that we have enquired about Liam Hood (if we get promoted). I'd rather have Aaron Smith.