Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rule changes 2022

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Could anyone enlighten me on what the NRL policy on stoppages is that we're adopting?

EDIT: Just spotted Bostik Bailey's explanation ... missed it first time.
    I was wandering that also. You'd have thought they'd have bothered to add a couple of sentences in to actually explain the change rather than just stating it was going to follow the nrl rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    Hopefully this is what will happens here. The player should also leave the field as early as possible as well.

I am not a fan of scrums returning I didnt think we missed them.
    When we first got rid of them I felt the same but the more I've thought about it the more I think they've been missed. There are too many opportunities in the game now to get your defensive line organised. A scrum is the one form of restart that introduces some uncertainty in the defensive line. I know hardly anyone ever scores from the scrum base, but on the next play and the play after that the defence is having to get organised on the fly. We need to get more situations like that back into the game.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    I know we debated this on another thread, but I think scrums coming back plays even more into Saints hands and the space that creates for us.
    I would still leave Big Al out of the scrum and have him as first receiver - imagine him running at a bunch of ‘spread out’ backs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    When we first got rid of them I felt the same but the more I've thought about it the more I think they've been missed. There are too many opportunities in the game now to get your defensive line organised. A scrum is the one form of restart that introduces some uncertainty in the defensive line. I know hardly anyone ever scores from the scrum base, but on the next play and the play after that the defence is having to get organised on the fly. We need to get more situations like that back into the game.
    That sums up my feelings perfectly there Dux. Didn't miss them, didn't want them back but watching the NRL showed the better teams can use scrums, particularly near the opponents line, as an attacking ploy. Penrith were particularly good at this with their planned scrum moves, generally out to their left edge. Seem to even recall Manly and Melbourne kicking direct from scrum wins to set up opportunities downfield for fliers like Addo-Carr and Saab. Plays like that should be encouraged.