Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Possibly sums it up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got A Season Ticket

Default Possibly sums it up

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...les-hat-trick?

Good read at the end of an unbelievable weekend.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...les-hat-trick?

Good read at the end of an unbelievable weekend.
    Nice to get some positive press for a change.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

The media portrayed us as villains going into this,” the St Helens forward, Morgan Knowles, said. “British culture likes to see people fail and see an underdog win, but it’s about time we get the credit we deserve. We’re the best team, we’ve been the best team for the last three or four years and the consistency we’ve shown has been better than any team around in Super League

Couldn't have put it better myself Morgan

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

It’s not a question of can we improve more a question of do we even need to. Its a question of can the other clubs catch up? We will be in the big games next year and with our strong defence and continually growing confidence we will be very tough to beat.
    Could our attack improve? I think so. If we started with Dodd and Welsby Saturday i reckon we score more points but thats easy for me to say now I suppose. It will be interesting to see how Dodd and Welsby combine with Welsby at fullback. Coote and Lomax click well out wide in the opposition 20 but with Welsby i think we’ll be far more dangerous from deep covering the width of the pitch.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

The coverage of the game has been embarrassing, both before and after. You’d have had no idea who Catalans were playing or that the team they were playing, could go three in a row. The post match reports were heavily weighted in Catalans’ favour, declaring them unlucky and beaten by refereeing decisions rather than being poor for much of the game, only scoring when they were against twelve and taking two points on two occasions, the first was the first time they had the ball in our half and the second, I haven’t a clue why they took that at that time. FWIW, I don’t think we were great with the ball but our defence was fierce but I’m yet to see anywhere with an even report of the match.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    The coverage of the game has been embarrassing, both before and after. You’d have had no idea who Catalans were playing or that the team they were playing, could go three in a row. The post match reports were heavily weighted in Catalans’ favour, declaring them unlucky and beaten by refereeing decisions rather than being poor for much of the game, only scoring when they were against twelve and taking two points on two occasions, the first was the first time they had the ball in our half and the second, I haven’t a clue why they took that at that time. FWIW, I don’t think we were great with the ball but our defence was fierce but I’m yet to see anywhere with an even report of the match.
    I had to switch off the pre match commentary, like you say it was difficult to get a mention who the Catalans opponents were, switched the game back on at 5-55pm for the Tomkins Brothers Show then it settled down when Saints were dominating the tackles and terrority.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Why do you care???? Enjoy the win 😑

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    It’s not a question of can we improve more a question of do we even need to. Its a question of can the other clubs catch up? We will be in the big games next year and with our strong defence and continually growing confidence we will be very tough to beat.
    Could our attack improve? I think so. If we started with Dodd and Welsby Saturday i reckon we score more points but thats easy for me to say now I suppose. It will be interesting to see how Dodd and Welsby combine with Welsby at fullback. Coote and Lomax click well out wide in the opposition 20 but with Welsby i think we’ll be far more dangerous from deep covering the width of the pitch.
    I think with the 3 of them together next year we will certainly have more speed to attack from deep as you say. However I do question the game management, but time will tell.

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benyon View Post
    I think with the 3 of them together next year we will certainly have more speed to attack from deep as you say. However I do question the game management, but time will tell.
    Welsby already has 2 GF under his belt and is only 20...old head on young shoulders comes to mind... Dodd has slotted in like he's always played 1st team and again, a GF and only 19.These experiences will fill them full of confidence and experience at an early age..

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benyon View Post
    Yeh thats true. I think we could miss Cootes leadership and game management from the back.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies