Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The French complaining

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I don't remember the standard of officiating being any better when non Brit Ashley "Clown Klein" was on the field, do you?
    The French could try and produce a ref whos more competent than that clown Alibert was, maybe they could do a final or 2, if they are any better than what there already is.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Presumably Maloney only escaped a ban because he's retired....

Playing for Lézignan in French Elite 1 next year......where he'll still be a dirty grub!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs

Tell you what though.

Just watched it again.
    77th minute that is a very harsh call.
    Have to give Catalan that one. Id be furious with that call.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Tell you what though.

Just watched it again.
    It was harsh at the time but watched the replay a couple of times, I was wondering if Tomkins was caught in 2 minds, he seemed to stick his head forward in between Batchelors knees as though he was trying to manufacture a penalty for interference.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    Tell you what though.

Just watched it again.
    Players have been pinged all year for falling over after playing the ball. It’s quite simple, as you play the ball, keep your feet. If you can’t, don’t play the ball (and if he hadn’t, Catalans would have probably got a back to 6). It was in keeping with every other decision this year (unlike when the refs decided to clamp down on the player pushing the marker down as part of the play the ball, penalised saints about 4 times and then never thought about it again).

Learning All The Songs

No i get that, and youre right. It has stopped players constantly playing for penalties that way..
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Got A Season Ticket

Tomkins knew exactly what he was doing, he was clearly playing for a penalty to have the chance to kick at goal and level it up and take it to golden point. I'm so glad that Moore saw straight through it, if he'd have given a penalty for interference I'd have been absolutely livid! Luckily he saw though, and it was ratboy that ended up livid, his face was an absolute picture

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

If you watch the replay he actually gets hold of Batchelors leg and pulls it towards him, and as he plays the ball pushes his head forwards further between Batchelors legs.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    If you watch the replay he actually gets hold of Batchelors leg and pulls it towards him, and as he plays the ball pushes his head forwards further between Batchelors legs.
    Just like when Bentley pulled 130kg Sam Kasiano on to his back ruling himself out for the season without recompense. Nothing to see here, swings and roundabouts.

In The South Stand

Did Gauche complain about the reffing when Tomkins shoved his finger into Myler's arese ? Or Mcilorum with his high shot then dragging Dywer around ? Or any of the shithousery in the magic weekend? Seems he was OK with all of that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMo View Post
    One match ban for Sione - Grade A punching offence.
    I posted right after the game I expected SM to be sat down at the start of next year, but I also though Yaya would have got a couple of games. Surely going in with the knees on a defenceless player on the ground is worse tha one punch when two players are scuffling.
    Seems Yaya attended the Sam Tomkins school of slide in with the knees, and con the disciplinary. Moore made a few mistakes for both sides but overall I thought he was okay, especially in a game with that intensity, emotion and no replays.

Noooobie

Having watched the game back sober there's a hundred things I want to say but I've slimmed it down to two..... we were better and Gauche is a prick

Happy Easter everyone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It was harsh at the time but watched the replay a couple of times, I was wondering if Tomkins was caught in 2 minds, he seemed to stick his head forward in between Batchelors knees as though he was trying to manufacture a penalty for interference.
    He was deffo trying to buy one, but I think Batchelor sailed very close to the wind. He did seem to close his knees together to trap Ratboy's head.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    He was deffo trying to buy one, but I think Batchelor sailed very close to the wind. He did seem to close his knees together to trap Ratboy's head.
    There’s a hundred of those every game, Ratboy unlucky to be penalised for it but it would also have been incredibly harsh to penalise us for it. Needs cracking down on next season as trying to milk penalties/6 agains is far too prevalent.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I posted right after the game I expected SM to be sat down at the start of next year, but I also though Yaya would have got a couple of games. Surely going in with the knees on a defenceless player on the ground is worse tha one punch when two players are scuffling.
    Seems Yaya attended the Sam Tomkins school of slide in with the knees, and con the disciplinary. Moore made a few mistakes for both sides but overall I thought he was okay, especially in a game with that intensity, emotion and no replays.
    If you watch the replay in the first couple of minutes of the game HaHa does almost exactly the same thing against Makinson in what Makinson did to him going for the try line. The commentary called it a brilliant tackle ny HaHa and another player compared to the claim for a penalty try against Makinson.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    If you watch the replay in the first couple of minutes of the game HaHa does almost exactly the same thing against Makinson in what Makinson did to him going for the try line. The commentary called it a brilliant tackle ny HaHa and another player compared to the claim for a penalty try against Makinson.
    I think yellow on Makinson just about right. Arguable that the winger was on his way down before Makinson was committed but red would have been harsh. I also would not have awarded a penalty try, Makinson would probably have done enough without the head high.
    There were a few decisions that favoured Saints but those 2 weren’t them.

Learning All The Songs

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/head-...omments-44142/

I think Ganson puts it into perspective about how many decisions a referee has to make in a game getting the majority of them right.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post

I think Ganson puts it into perspective about how many decisions a referee has to make in a game getting the majority of them right.
    One of Saints recent games which wasn't televised was shown on Saints TV without commentary, but with a feed from the officials. I was amazed at the amount of communication between the ref and the players and the ref and the touch judges.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    One of Saints recent games which wasn't televised was shown on Saints TV without commentary, but with a feed from the officials. I was amazed at the amount of communication between the ref and the players and the ref and the touch judges.
    Yes, I think the one I remember was the Kendall reffed game, it gave me a completely different perspective and listening to it ajusted my thoughts on how the game was reffed in the live game.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    I think yellow on Makinson just about right. Arguable that the winger was on his way down before Makinson was committed but red would have been harsh. I also would not have awarded a penalty try, Makinson would probably have done enough without the head high.
    There were a few decisions that favoured Saints but those 2 weren’t them.
    It is interesting to compare the commentary on the Makinson YaYa incident. Sky was objective in its assessment of the action and rightly called a yellow card and importantly no penalty try. On the other hand, BBC commentators Davies and Kear went for the knee jerk reaction and called for a penalty try. They went for controversy rather than common sense. Thankfully the video ref knew better. If Ya-Ya had stayed on his feet Makinson would have made a copybook tackle. There was no malice in what Makinson did
    Bringing it all back home.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post

I agreed with him about the integrity of the referees who operate with as much pressure of the players. Opposition will disagree though because he was a ref from St Helens and any match involving Saints will have bias.

What will be interesting is how the Catalan threat on referee and participitation plays out, it would be a Win Win situation for us. If the threat exists during the play off every team will want to play the Catalan in a semi final because basically its a by due to the final because of the Catalan forfeit. If we also have 3 aussie officials in a final that would suit us because we play similar to a NRL side and it would be officiated with quicker PTB's again suiting us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Peters View Post
    It is interesting to compare the commentary on the Makinson YaYa incident. Sky was objective in its assessment of the action and rightly called a yellow card and importantly no penalty try. On the other hand, BBC commentators Davies and Kear went for the knee jerk reaction and called for a penalty try. They went for controversy rather than common sense. Thankfully the video ref knew better. If Ya-Ya had stayed on his feet Makinson would have made a copybook tackle. There was no malice in what Makinson did

This for me is exactly what happened.

Got A Season Ticket

Bernard Guasch's Teddy bear spotted over Leeds https://www.facebook.com/14373582930...?sfnsn=scwspmo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by therealharrypinner View Post
    bernard guasch's teddy bear spotted over leeds https://www.facebook.com/14373582930...?sfnsn=scwspmo