Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The French complaining

Learning All The Songs

Default The French complaining

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...lish-referees/

Cootes foot was a poor one. But they had a penalty straight after anyway so that is a shit excuse.

Matautia just did the same thing back.

French got the best of the calls. They got a way with so much grubby tactics.
    Knees to the head being the obvious one.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Never picked up an injury stopping the clock once we were in front either

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Sour cats just makes the victory sweeter.

Made up we beat that horrible outfit especially the rectum brothers

Learning All The Songs

That needs adressing generally. Its becoming a joke teams doing that. The injury stopages i mean.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    Never picked up an injury stopping the clock once we were in front either
    I think Ha-Ha milked that Makinsons tackle for all its worth, similar to Langhi the other week 3 stretchers on the pitch carted off to hospital with serious head injury and came out with a sprained wrist.

What is a worry though is that our tackling has a harder impact than any other team in the comp, Knowles for example will be classed as a reckless tackler shortly and might not be able to play his natural game when opposition players stay down.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Several people on here know I'm a great advocate of French participation in SL for a number of reasons; I'm delighted that Toulouse were promoted.
    Guasch though is an embarrassment. He's little more than a bully, and controls the French RL. He needs to realise that it's not the same in SL, he doesn't have that influence, he's a small fish (frog) in a large pond.
    I don't think many Catalan fans will agree with his threat either.
    If the RFL had any balls - so unlikely this will happen - they should sanction him like they did with Eammon, asking him whether it was an idle threat, or if he is genuinely threatening to effectively compromise the structure of SL by withdrawing from any potential future GF.
    If he won't confirm full participation, withdraw their SL licence.
    If I were him, I'd be worried that a lot of their fans might identify more closely with Toulouse as their chosen French team rather than one representing Catalan.......
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Several people on here know I'm a great advocate of French participation in SL for a number of reasons; I'm delighted that Toulouse were promoted.
    Guasch though is an embarrassment. He's little more than a bully, and controls the French RL. He needs to realise that it's not the same in SL, he doesn't have that influence, he's a small fish (frog) in a large pond.
    I don't think many Catalan fans will agree with his threat either.
    If the RFL had any balls - so unlikely this will happen - they should sanction him like they did with Eammon, asking him whether it was an idle threat, or if he is genuinely threatening to effectively compromise the structure of SL by withdrawing from any potential future GF.
    If he won't confirm full participation, withdraw their SL licence.
    If I were him, I'd be worried that a lot of their fans might identify more closely with Toulouse as their chosen French team rather than one representing Catalan.......
    Totally agree he should be asked for assurances that he will not withdraw Catalan from any final in the future.Whoever is chosen to officiate them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Guash has got some nerve considering the many little favours the RFL have done the Dragons over the years. Tosser.
    Liam Moore wasn’t perfect but he was good and bad for both teams in equal measure. I thought he gifted Catalans enough possession in the last 10 minutes for them to draw level. The poor call of a Walmsley knock on could have really hurt us. Not sure of others opinion but from my seat it looked backwards all day.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

Guasch is a bitter fool.

I didn’t think Moore had a good game, in all honesty. I think he’s the best we have but everyone can have a bad day, so I’m not concerned about that too much.

Moore’s never going to see the incident with Matautia and Maloney and both were probably as guilty as each other and the video ref would have looked at that.

I’m astounded we had Makinson sin binned. Yaha’s diving and the contact is the upper arm/shoulder and rides up naturally, it’s never a penalty try in the history of man.

The Coote one was a bad one that I can forgive the onfield officials for. They see the game at full speed, they’re going to get things wrong, I don’t know why the video ref hasn’t pulled that up though.

The Naiqama winning try was a penalty try, though. Yaha makes no effort to use a proper tackling technique and leads directly with the knees, making contact with Naiqama directly to the side of the head.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Got A Season Ticket

All this complaining is a bit rich coming from someone who was mainly responsible for instigating the brawling that led to the 1981 French Grand Final being abandoned. The follow up was that French television refused to cover the sport and it careered downhill. Yes, very rich indeed.

I struggle to see how the Makinson incident was worthy of a yellow card yet the hit on Lomax in the first half was only worth a penalty.
    I’m flabbergasted at the hard face of the French. After last years play off semi final at our place they have absolutely no room to talk. That was easily the biggest most blatant and unapologetic team display of sh**housery i have ever witnessed (and i include wig** in that). They came that night knowing they had no chance of winning and instead set out to hurt as many of our players as possible. The club and coaching staff should have been fined. It was appalling. Wan**rs

Learning All The Songs

I'm made up Toulouse got promoted so I can spend my money there next year instead.

Threatening to withdraw from a final they are unlikely to contest again is a joke.

This year was The Perfect Storm for Catalans.

Covid stopped and stalled play throughout the year which seemed to go in Catalans favour, beating us early on by 2 points when we were in a massive ascendancy, they didn’t have a CC run, Tomkins had a fantastic season, Maloney has had a Renaissance and metronomic kicking unseen since Sinfield, their semi was a cake walk, we threw the Magic Weeknd game, there seemed to be a lot of romance around the fairy tale plus Leeds, Wire and Wigan mounted no serious threat and the perennial underachievers Hull FC, some baffling suspensions for Saints through the season plus Kasiano’s crusher on Bentley that should have seen him cop a few games……

These things added together gave them a stepping stone to the top table, but can they sustain it?

Hull in 06, Huddersfield LLS in 13, Cas in 17, Salford in 18…… surprise packages that then sank without trace the following season in the league…… how many miles have the ex-Wigan boys got in their tank??

As I always say, it’s no secret that Leeds, Wigan and Saints have got the best academies in SuperLeague and youth development and are the only teams to win the GF (Bradford notwithstanding as they’ve not won it for 16 years and aren’t even in SuperLeague)

Next season we have some good signings and some moor youngsters to blood. We’ll be there or thereabouts, of that I have no doubt.

“The more we win, the luckier we get…..”

COYS!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

It's a ridiculous threat to make.
    Every game they play is reffed by a British refereee (I think!). Might as well not play at all if you think there is biased officiating.

I did think at the game that the Tomkins incorrect play the ball was a bit harsh, but after watching the highlights on BBC last night it was the right decision. He wasn't properly back to his feet and he never made a correct PTB all night. The ball never touched his foot in any of the play the balls shown.

I thought the BBC commentary was very biased. Davies and Noble stating that all the Cats high shots had moved up from the shoulder, then wanting to crucify Makinson for a very similar one and award a penalty try.
    Last edited by Kakariki; 11th October 2021 at 14:43.

The french can’t talk about refs anyway. Thierry Aliberts performances were like a two Ronnies sketch.

It’s an embarrassing outburst by Guasch. Hopefully it’s just a bit of a tantrum in the heat of the moment and he’s already seen a bit of sense by now.

If not, then a clear message needs to be sent out well in advance of next season. We can’t have a club owner throwing around these sort of ultimatums at a time when we’ve endured an extended period of uncertainty about major fixtures.

One match ban for Sione - Grade A punching offence.
    I am angry, I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin ...

In The South Stand

Nothing for Yaha on Naiqama is incredible.

Matautia needs to be smarter next year. We lost him, rightly or not, for the cup final, we nearly lost him for the Grand Final and in the Grand Final he’s got himself a ban. He’s at risk, if he’s not already there, of gaining a reputation. He’ll be a target for opposition players.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

They have a refereeing shortage in France for their Elite leagues too; he'd be better off concentrating on the appalling situation over there, rather than making ridiculous threats about the (admittedly poor) standards of English refs.
    Remember Allibert, the guy who couldn't even count to 6? Hilarious when he reffed at Saints after that incident and we all counted the tackles for him!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Nothing for Yaha on Naiqama is incredible.

Matautia needs to be smarter next year. We lost him, rightly or not, for the cup final, we nearly lost him for the Grand Final and in the Grand Final he’s got himself a ban. He’s at risk, if he’s not already there, of gaining a reputation. He’ll be a target for opposition players.
    Use of the knees in a tackle only warrants a ban if your name is Coote.

Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    Use of the knees in a tackle only warrants a ban if your name is Coote.
    Forgot about that, double standards.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMo View Post

Presumably Maloney only escaped a ban because he's retired....

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMo View Post
    So Mata’utia should have been sent off for punching after 5 minutes and McIlorum should have been sent off for a deliberate trip in the 9th minute? Sounds like things were evened out within 5 minutes. Wonder if Mr Guasch will shut up now?
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    So Mata’utia should have been sent off for punching after 5 minutes and McIlorum should have been sent off for a deliberate trip in the 9th minute? Sounds like things were evened out within 5 minutes. Wonder if Mr Guasch will shut up now?
    Guasch and his outburst is being looked at by the RFL compliance team he could end up with a fine or the”Dummy Spat of the Year Award”.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Kakariki View Post
    It's a ridiculous threat to make.
    Every game they play is reffed by a British refereee (I think!). Might as well not play at all if you think there is biased officiating.

I did think at the game that the Tomkins incorrect play the ball was a bit harsh, but after watching the highlights on BBC last night it was the right decision. He wasn't properly back to his feet and he never made a correct PTB all night. The ball never touched his foot in any of the play the balls shown.

I thought the BBC commentary was very biased. Davies and Noble stating that all the Cats high shots had moved up from the shoulder, then wanting to crucify Makinson for a very similar one and award a penalty try.
    I don't remember the standard of officiating being any better when non Brit Ashley "Clown Klein" was on the field, do you?