Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Lance Hohaia

In The South Stand

Default Lance Hohaia

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...d-final-punch/

Brave of Lance to open up. I’ve never considered his bridges burnt and always felt quite sorry for him, having the twilight of his career pulled from under him in a cruel, vicious attack that shouldn’t have happened in the first place. His face since has been the go-to for Sky when showing old highlights, advertising Good Friday games, play-offs and Grand Finals, when it really shouldn’t be.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post...d-final-punch/

Brave of Lance to open up. I’ve never considered his bridges burnt and always felt quite sorry for him, having the twilight of his career pulled from under him in a cruel, vicious attack that shouldn’t have happened in the first place. His face since has been the go-to for Sky when showing old highlights, advertising Good Friday games, play-offs and Grand Finals, when it really shouldn’t be.
    Didn't he threaten to take legal action against the club, suggesting that Saints forced him to play even though he still had concussions?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    Didn't he threaten to take legal action against the club, suggesting that Saints forced him to play even though he still had concussions?
    No idea but he’d have every right to if there was evidence but as he says, he was bitter and upset, which is understandable, really.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I remember that, but in the end the club had their say and he backed out of any action. I think he also said the news report had mis-quoted him. Flower should never have been allowed on a rugby field again after that assault.

Got A Replica Shirt

All the very best to Lance and his family
    Bringing it all back home.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I remember that, but in the end the club had their say and he backed out of any action. I think he also said the news report had mis-quoted him. Flower should never have been allowed on a rugby field again after that assault.
    Yeah but even that report has to mention Flower ‘being caught with a forearm’ so the pie narrative holds genkul Ben was hard done by.

Rather than a viscous thug egged on by the culture of the club he was employed by, punched an unconscious person who was flat out on the floor.

Starting A Programme Collection

The fact is, on the kick through, flower obstructed him and at the coming together Lance shoved him. The rest is history. The instigator was Flower.

Banned

The scum kicked on the last, Hohaia veered in front of Genkul Benneh, who saw fit to knock Hohaia to the ground with a swinging arm from behind. Hohaia gets up, chases towards Floower. In the meantime, Floower has got to the bobbling ball with the line gaping, and knocks on. As he straightens up and turns round, Hohaia barges into him with the forearm.

And then Floower releases the thug in him.

After the cowardly punch on an already unconscious Hohaia, Wellens runs in, and Floower starts on him as well.

An absolute shithouse who should never have played RL again (but who Pie Sports saw fit to give a hero's welcome on his return)

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    The fact is, on the kick through, flower obstructed him and at the coming together Lance shoved him. The rest is history. The instigator was Flower.
    Thats my memory of watching it unfold.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Thats my memory of watching it unfold.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGeeXPtqF8Q

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The scum kicked on the last, Hohaia veered in front of Genkul Benneh, who saw fit to knock Hohaia to the ground with a swinging arm from behind. Hohaia gets up, chases towards Floower. In the meantime, Floower has got to the bobbling ball with the line gaping, and knocks on. As he straightens up and turns round, Hohaia barges into him with the forearm.

And then Floower releases the thug in him.

After the cowardly punch on an already unconscious Hohaia, Wellens runs in, and Floower starts on him as well.

An absolute shithouse who should never have played RL again (but who Pie Sports saw fit to give a hero's welcome on his return)

Loved Wello getting straight in there. Flower shit his self when someone who wasn’t unconscious popped at him:
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by superarch View Post
    I still can't believe some Wigan fans talked about the incident as if Hohaia's actions where in the same ball park as Flower's. I've read things like "That's what you get" "Hohaia could have been red carded too" "Bad as each other" etc. Hohaia's actions were petty but the sort of thing you see thousands of times a season. Flower's thuggery was on a completely different level.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Loved Wello getting straight in there. Flower shit his self when someone who wasn’t unconscious popped at him:
    The only downside of Wellens getting stuck in first is that Mose Masoe wasn't far behind him & he went in with a cocked fist.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Yeah but even that report has to mention Flower ‘being caught with a forearm’ so the pie narrative holds genkul Ben was hard done by.

Rather than a viscous thug egged on by the culture of the club he was employed by, punched an unconscious person who was flat out on the floor.
    Absolutely right about the culture at Wigan. I remember being a bit shocked at Shaun Wane's comments in the week before the game, something along the lines of 'This is WAR' or some such violent rubbish. I thought at the time it was well over the top and was likely to get Wigan fired up way too much. First thing I thought of when Flower disgraced himself and Wigan was that Wane should take half the blame for it.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sainthood View Post
    I still can't believe some Wigan fans talked about the incident as if Hohaia's actions where in the same ball park as Flower's. I've read things like "That's what you get" "Hohaia could have been red carded too" "Bad as each other" etc. Hohaia's actions were petty but the sort of thing you see thousands of times a season. Flower's thuggery was on a completely different level.
    I think this years final shows what could have happened (with two rugby players).
    Maloney puts his elbow into Sione’s throat (a la Lance)
    Sione gives maloney a slap (doesn’t knock him out with and doesn’t follow it up)
    Then handbags

If the ref had go involved it would probably be penalty either way depending on how the ref saw it, and both player yellow cards,

Shows how bad it was when you have to be 18 to watch the video.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Not watched it for a while, by todays standards thats in potential manslaughter terrirtory.