Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Catalans - GRAND FINAL

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Nothing wrong with being confident. I'm a pessimist by nature. Think I've realised how much the club has meant to me during the last 18 months.

Also how I was really unsure about Woolf after losing at Cas pre lockdown. I'd be delighted if he won another title to prove me wrong even further
    Well said. It's meant a lot to me too. Watching how our attack has improved I think I might have been wrong about him too. Next season should answer the question about our attacking qualities under Woolf. I think Catalans are a good team and it isn't a foregone conclusion, even if we play close to our best. I looking forward to it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Nothing wrong with being confident. I'm a pessimist by nature. Think I've realised how much the club has meant to me during the last 18 months.

Also how I was really unsure about Woolf after losing at Cas pre lockdown. I'd be delighted if he won another title to prove me wrong even further
    Nothing wrong with that either, everyone handles the pre match differently don't they.

I'm just really confident in the way this coach and this squad of players handles big games now. Our defence will be key and I just think our intensity and ability to suffocate will be what grinds Catalans down in the end. I think Magic Weekend will be the additional motivator for us and I get the feeling Saints will have wanted another crack at Catalans since then.

I could be completely wrong but it's just the way I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Yep. I feel similar. It's the size of their pack, McMeekan and Maloney that worry me
    Im not usually one for making predictions but If we target Maloney and run at him all night we will win.
    He got found out over here and he became a liability.

Catalan have always been a team that can beat themselves and if we defend as we have been doing and they start to get frustrated their discipline will crumble.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Got A Replica Shirt

What's the latest on Sam Tomkins and his injury? I know he's been named in the squad but he can't be fully fit after missing last week.

Would be a shame for the spectacle if he misses out or doesn't make it through the 80 minutes due to carrying a niggle, but it would definitely be a big bonus for Saints.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ant84 View Post
    What's the latest on Sam Tomkins and his injury? I know he's been named in the squad but he can't be fully fit after missing last week.

Would be a shame for the spectacle if he misses out or doesn't make it through the 80 minutes due to carrying a niggle, but it would definitely be a big bonus for Saints.
    On the pre match press meeting McBanana said he is in the 21 man squad will be playing on Saturday and got through the training session, but it didn’t sound convincing so I summise he still has a niggly injury and will be risked. We need Dodd to put up some high bombs for 2 of our players to crash tackle him to see if he survives.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Nothing wrong with that either, everyone handles the pre match differently don't they.

I'm just really confident in the way this coach and this squad of players handles big games now. Our defence will be key and I just think our intensity and ability to suffocate will be what grinds Catalans down in the end. I think Magic Weekend will be the additional motivator for us and I get the feeling Saints will have wanted another crack at Catalans since then.

Me too. If our forwards throttle the life out of them, then it will be a long night for them. Catalan best bet is to play very expansively and off the cuff which could be effective but also very high risk. If we play well on Saturday, we will win with a bit to spare.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ant84 View Post

How did he get injured? Did he bang his knee on someone's skull when sliding in with the knees on the try scorer?
    Last edited by Webbo Again; 7th October 2021 at 21:45.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    On the pre match press meeting McBanana said he is in the 21 man squad will be playing on Saturday and got through the training session, but it didn’t sound convincing so I summise he still has a niggly injury and will be risked. We need Dodd to put up some high bombs for 2 of our players to crash tackle him to see if he survives.
    I can see why you would risk playing the MOS but it is a massive gamble considering the occasion & lack of recent game time for Tompkins. Full back is such a pivotal position as well that this could just be smoke & mirrors by Mcbanana.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    I can see why you would risk playing the MOS but it is a massive gamble considering the occasion & lack of recent game time for Tompkins. Full back is such a pivotal position as well that this could just be smoke & mirrors by Mcbanana.
    I don't think Rat Boy has played a full game since August, so there are issues there.

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post

I just wonder how many times SKY comms will make ref to Magic Weekend comeback? They still bang on about it, almost every game since, it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post
    I just wonder how many times SKY comms will make ref to Magic Weekend comeback? They still bang on about it, almost every game since, it seems

Desperate for a new name on the trophy aren't they

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Whilst I would never "do a Wigan" and get ahead of myself, I am also confident we will win. We have the big game experience and the know-how to win this game. I am very confident we will get plenty ball in the right areas so as long as we are clinical and take our chances then we will win the game in my opinion. It won't be easy and one thing we certainly can't do is let them get a couple of scores up and leave us chasing the game, but if we start well and take our chances that will inevitably come, we will be Champions once more.
    I actually agree mate .... not for one.minute saxing one player makes a team but for me. bottle Maloney up and job done imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post
    I actually agree mate .... not for one.minute saxing one player makes a team but for me. bottle Maloney up and job done imo.
    Great player and hope he goes well for Lezignan. However on Saturday I hope mata'utia runs over him and knocks him into next week.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Tomkins said earlier this week he expects to play, but that he wont train before the GF?

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Tomkins said earlier this week he expects to play, but that he wont train before the GF?
    All smoke and mirrors. He's training, if he isn't able to train then he won't play. There is no way you play someone in the biggest game of your clubs history without them training first, especially with them having Mourgue as a more than capable replacement.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    All smoke and mirrors. He's training, if he isn't able to train then he won't play. There is no way you play someone in the biggest game of your clubs history without them training first, especially with them having Mourgue as a more than capable replacement.
    I agree they are telling anybody that will listen he is not 100%

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    I agree they are telling anybody that will listen he is not 100%
    Morgan Knowles will check if Tomkins is 100% on Saturday……
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    That would be very kind of him

I agree, that’s why I put a question mark at the end

I hope so.

In The South Stand

Dont forget folks Cattalans are a team full of experienceed players.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I agree, that’s why I put a question mark at the end
    I know, was just throwing my 2 cents worth into the discussion.

I am confident we will get the job done and I do think we will be to intense for them. Alot of it will depend on how we perform when Walmsley and Knowles are off the field.

In The South Stand

I know, was just throwing my 2 cents worth into the discussion.

I am confident we will get the job done and I do think we will be to intense for them. Alot of it will depend on how we perform when Walmsley and Knowles are off the field.
    We've had no problems with that recently. Paasi is bang up for it and nothing changed when Al went off against Leeds.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

He'll have to get a bit closer to him than he did at the Magic Weekend.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    He'll have to get a bit closer to him than he did at the Magic Weekend.
    Tomkins did nothing that game.