Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No jab for Thompson

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection

hmmm

I had a poor opinion over the manner he left St Helens thinking it was a selfish, self centred way to conduct business, looks like my feelings are reinforced by his putting team mates, friends and his club at risk in a similar fashion

Banned

What an utter pillock.

I cannot understand the mentality of these nutcase cranks.

Is it just attention-seeking?

Learning All The Songs

How strange... Maybe saints have dodged a bullet long term?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS
    Insta @christianjamescreative

Quote Originally Posted by CGSaint View Post
    How strange... Maybe saints have dodged a bullet long term?
    On the Bulldogs forum, looks like some of the fans would like to get shut of him, the problem is if he wanted to come home, he'd have problems, I think Quantas require passengers to show vaccination passes before flying, perhaps he could work his passage by boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    What an utter pillock.

I cannot understand the mentality of these nutcase cranks.

Is it just attention-seeking?
    Not sure it’s attention seeking. Many people who don’t want the jab prefer not to broadcast it for fear of ridicule.

Learning All The Songs

I think there are quite a few sportsmen like this, 32% of Premier League footballers are not fully vaccinated for example. I guess many are wary that the vaccines have negative side effects, such as causing blood clots, that could cause damage to their careers, without asking them all we can do is speculate.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I think there are quite a few sportsmen like this, 32% of Premier League footballers are not fully vaccinated for example. I guess many are wary that the vaccines have negative side effects, such as causing blood clots, that could cause damage to their careers, without asking them all we can do is speculate.
    More likely they are all social media news viewers and believe Dave from down the pub over world leading scientists. Bunch of morons, reckon Thompson will fit right in when he ends up at Warrington

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    More likely they are all social media news viewers and believe Dave from down the pub over world leading scientists. Bunch of morons, reckon Thompson will fit right in when he ends up at Warrington
    Warringtons problem is Widdop and Williams tied up as marquees…

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    They may be, they may be not, im not going to speculate. But, in the last couple of days the MHRA have updated the list of known side effects for the vaccines, both the AZ and Pfizer now have Guillain-Barré syndrome listed as a potential side effect, this would most likely end the career of anyone playing sport for a living. It may be a very rare side effect but some may not see it as worth the risk, given its world leading scientists acknowledging that these side effects can occur.

Got A Season Ticket

both the AZ and Pfizer now have Guillain-Barré syndrome listed as a potential side effect, this would most likely end the career of anyone playing sport for a living. It may be a very rare side effect.
    They problem is that during clinical trials, anything that anyones says they have suffered from during the trial, legally has to be classed as a side effect, it doesn’t matter if they are taking the real drug of or the placebo. So you could have someone that suffers a seizure but is not taking the real drug but they have to class it as a possible effect.

Got A Replica Shirt

Side effects of the jab or risk death from COVID-19? Easy choice I would think!

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

I am not anti vax and believe everyone should take the COVID vaccine if it's offered to them, but I believe even strongly that it should be your own free choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintJon View Post
    I am not anti vax and believe everyone should take the COVID vaccine if it's offered to them, but I believe even strongly that it should be your own free choice.
    I agree.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Let’s not make no bones about it here though, they are professional athletes and what decision they make will be scrutinised more in depth than your lay person in the street. That said I have no sympathy for players like Thompson. They have all been through professional clubs academies, they have all put things into their bodies of which they themselves have no idea what it is and are reliant on the ‘sports science’ etc… etc.. They all know when the blood bus comes round to take samples, they all know who’s due up on the testing list, need I say anymore. Just get the injection and get on with it and stop pretending like he’s some sort of martyr

In The South Stand

They may be, they may be not, im not going to speculate. But, in the last couple of days the MHRA have updated the list of known side effects for the vaccines, both the AZ and Pfizer now have Guillain-Barré syndrome listed as a potential side effect, this would most likely end the career of anyone playing sport for a living. It may be a very rare side effect but some may not see it as worth the risk, given its world leading scientists acknowledging that these side effects can occur.
    From Wicki (fount of all knowledge) on Guillain-Barré syndrome.

“Typically triggered by an infection; occasionally by surgery and rarely by vaccination.”

The greater risk appears to be from getting ill with Covid 19, not from the vaccine.

Although I don't agree with refusing the jab, I believe it is his choice. I cannot understand he wouldn't wear a mask though, that's just pig ignorant.

Learning All The Songs

I agree however I also agree with that if you choose not to have a vaccine then you should be denied freedoms of vaccinated people such as access to crowded indoor spaces etc, just for their own protection.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    Although I don't agree with refusing the jab, I believe it is his choice. I cannot understand he wouldn't wear a mask though, that's just pig ignorant.
    I agree.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Samphire15 View Post
    They problem is that during clinical trials, anything that anyones says they have suffered from during the trial, legally has to be classed as a side effect, it doesn’t matter if they are taking the real drug of or the placebo. So you could have someone that suffers a seizure but is not taking the real drug but they have to class it as a possible effect.
    Do you have a source for this? My understanding is that side effects from the drug on trial are attributed to the drug; and side effects from the placebo are attributed to the placebo, not the drug. There are separate investigations running on the nature and causality of placebo effects that look at both positive and negative reactions to a placebo. But these are not to do with the drugs on trial.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WA10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    I agree however I also agree with that if you choose not to have a vaccine then you should be denied freedoms of vaccinated people such as access to crowded indoor spaces etc, just for their own protection.
    Put the two above together and that is my thoughts. Right now I would not want to mix with someone not vacinated.

Banned

Whereas Long Covid would enhance his career? (not to mention the possibility of actually getting seriously ill, or even worse - it's not just ill pensioners who die - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-dies-of-covid)

Learning All The Songs

Also how many “sports nutritional supplements” has taken over his career, you only have to look at what happen to Keiron Cunningham when he followed the advice of that ex fireman who was employed by the RFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Whereas Long Covid would enhance his career? (not to mention the possibility of actually getting seriously ill, or even worse - it's not just ill pensioners who die - https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-dies-of-covid)
    Didn’t his sister once tweet that he was a long time asthma sufferer?? So yes, maybe he was better off getting the vaccine.

I find it strange how reluctant big governments are in debating the benefits of natural immunity. Maybe because theres little money to be made in ibuprofen and lemsip. I’ve not had any jabs. I will be honest. I think the entire thing has been massively over politicised. I’m not trying to be awkward, (or a martyr as one poster claimed). I just have a bad feeling in my gut about this whole thing and i think as time goes on the facts will eventually point to natural immunity being the best option. As time passes more and more double jabbed will become reinfected and the vaccines will prove to be a complete waste of time and money, but hey i could be wrong.

Also, having vaccine mandates (for a virus with a 99.97% survival rate) and pushing this on relatively young healthy people is absolute insanity and it saddens me to see how willingly people are to give up their freedoms from fear of tyrannical governments or ridicule from others.

You wanna get the jab, by all means go for it. Let me die in peace.