JB&B Leach Banner
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2022 Membership

  1. #1
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,906
    Rep Power
    15

    Default 2022 Membership

    Renewals released.

    The interesting point for me is 13 home games, so looks like a 27 game season.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  2. #2
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,065
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Renewals released.

    The interesting point for me is 13 home games, so looks like a 27 game season.
    What does that mean for the likely outcome of the restructure? How many games should there have been this season if the clubs weren't cancelling them because they couldn't be bothered playing them?

  3. #3
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,906
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    What does that mean for the likely outcome of the restructure? How many games should there have been this season if the clubs weren't cancelling them because they couldn't be bothered playing them?
    No structure released yet.

    We should have had 25 rounds this year, without the postponements and cancellations. We should have had 29 in 2020 pre-Covid then went with 22 and then settled for whatever in the end. The last time we had 27 was when we had a 14 team League.

    I’m guessing, so don’t hold it to me, we will play the even numbered teams from the league table as our loop games, so games against Wigan, Hull KR, Hull FC, Wakefield and Toulouse or Fev. Based on 1v3, 2v4 etc, which has been used before to determine Magic fixtures I think the Wigan loop game will be at Magic with the other games being Catalans v Warrington, Leeds v Cas, Hull KR v Hull, Huddersfield v Salford and Wakefield v Toulouse/Fev.

    There’s talk we will relegate the bottom three at the end of 2022 and replace them with one promoted side before going for two tens from there on, presumably till 2024 when we come up with another crazy idea.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

  4. #4
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    6,002
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Mid season this year i wasn't going to renew my membership because of the state of Superleague. However I,ve had a change of mind with Dodd and Welsby looking good, signed some decent players, but the main thing is watching more games of the Saints ladies team.

  5. #5
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St Helens , Lancashire.
    Posts
    1,452
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    No online renewal.

  6. #6
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,569
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Mid season this year i wasn't going to renew my membership because of the state of Superleague. However I,ve had a change of mind with Dodd and Welsby looking good, signed some decent players, but the main thing is watching more games of the Saints ladies team.
    I think that the improvement comes from more than Dodd and Welsby, though you can't underestimate their contribution, particularly the latter. I think the whole team is playing more expansive now, that with Walmsley aggresive running is making us much better to watch.

  7. #7
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,178
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    No online renewal.
    Initially I was a bit miffed at this but reading on it looks like various people have different refunds so in order to ensure everyone gets their deferrals, only way to ensure this is to do so in person, (because you may be entitled to a refund but not realise it).

  8. #8
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    649
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostik Bailey View Post
    Initially I was a bit miffed at this but reading on it looks like various people have different refunds so in order to ensure everyone gets their deferrals, only way to ensure this is to do so in person, (because you may be entitled to a refund but not realise it).
    I think everyone will be due for a renewal for the two games after Wembley, unless I missed notification from the club about an option to opt in or out of applying for a refund

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •