Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Mark Percival - Fit for Saturday?

Noooobie

Default Mark Percival - Fit for Saturday?

Bit surprised nobody has mentioned MP going off late in the game on Friday and Welsby coming back on when he was clearly carrying an injury.
    Also after the game Sky showed a shot of Percy speaking to Kristian Woolf clearly saying his hamstring was bad again.
    I worry he won't be fit for GF.

On the GF itself I was really confident with a fit Percy, Welsby coming off the bench and Morgan Knowles doing his stuff.
    Big if but if Knowles is suspended (I think he will be) and both Percy and Welsby carrying injuries does this give Catalans the advantage???

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianreader View Post
    Bit surprised nobody has mentioned MP going off late in the game on Friday and Welsby coming back on when he was clearly carrying an injury.
    Also after the game Sky showed a shot of Percy speaking to Kristian Woolf clearly saying his hamstring was bad again.
    I worry he won't be fit for GF.

On the GF itself I was really confident with a fit Percy, Welsby coming off the bench and Morgan Knowles doing his stuff.
    Big if but if Knowles is suspended (I think he will be) and both Percy and Welsby carrying injuries does this give Catalans the advantage???
    I think it was just precautionary with Percival. Going purely off the body language between him and Woolf at the end I got the feeling he was OK.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

I may have to stay off this forum before Saturday. I get anxious enough without reading threads about possible suspensions and injuries.

If I were to believe everything on here we could be four players down for the final and I don’t believe it for a moment. I hope for Percy’s sake that he’s fit for Saturday. It would be devastating for him personally not to be.

Got A Season Ticket

He was a doubt before the Leeds game

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I may have to stay off this forum before Saturday. I get anxious enough without reading threads about possible suspensions and injuries.

If I were to believe everything on here we could be four players down for the final and I don’t believe it for a moment. I hope for Percy’s sake that he’s fit for Saturday. It would be devastating for him personally not to be.
    I think he will be. I think his issues are permanent now. He'll have an easy week no doubt of recovery and short sessions.

I do think we'll be missing at least one through suspension though. I think three will be charged, Tommy, Sione and Morgan.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Is this the optomist in you?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Is this the optomist in you?
    Well I haven’t managed to keep off the forum.

I was right on the Morgan Knowles thread to say people were worrying about nothing. Sione’s contact with the head was accidental and, although a penalty was unavoidable, even the yellow card seemed a bit harsh but, to be fair, Kendall was consistent throughout and that approach might work. When I watched the Knowles incident back it was shoulder to shoulder and the penalty and yellow card seemed more than enough punishment for that.

I hope that Percy is OK. I haven’t watched my recording of the game back but YG is probably right to suggest his leaving the field was precautionary.

P.S. I will get more anxious as the week progresses. I always do when big games are approaching.
    Last edited by Suttoner; 4th October 2021 at 13:07. Reason: PS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I think he will be. I think his issues are permanent now. He'll have an easy week no doubt of recovery and short sessions.

I do think we'll be missing at least one through suspension though. I think three will be charged, Tommy, Sione and Morgan.
    I hope you’re right about Percy. I’m glad to see that you were correct on the Morgan Knowles thread .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

P.S. I will get more anxious as the week progresses. I always do when big games are approaching.

Don’t we all.

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Well I haven’t managed to keep off the forum.

I was right on the Morgan Knowles thread to say people were worrying about nothing. Sione’s contact with the head was accidental and, although a penalty was unavoidable, even the yellow card seemed a bit harsh but, to be fair, Kendall was consistent throughout and that approach might work. When I watched the Knowles incident back it was shoulder to shoulder and the penalty and yellow card seemed more than enough punishment for that.

I hope that Percy is OK. I haven’t watched my recording of the game back but YG is probably right to suggest his leaving the field was precautionary.

Glad you were proved right, but I think it was more that people don't trust in the disciplinary system, rather than anyone serious thinking it was worth a ban.

You can never be a 100% confident in the outcome of what often appears to be a lottery.