Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morgan Knowles

Great news! Bet he is absolutely buzzing.

Really excited for the weekend, come on Saints!

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Sorry but whilst tonight was an intense game it shows the huge lack of consistency in referring.

Last week we had 4 yellows for head shots, this week any saints players were fair game for head shots

Lomax
    Kevin nagama
    Roby
    Walmsley

I think there was another one.

All head shots all seen by the ref and all let go with penalty sufficient.

We have one head shot that bounces up of the shoulder and its a yellow card.

Ffs get some consistency. Last week was stupid for yellow cards but at least he was consistent.

Tonight was not consistent with last week or within the same match.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Sorry but whilst tonight was an intense game it shows the huge lack of consistency in referring.

Last week we had 4 yellows for head shots, this week any saints players were fair game for head shots

Lomax
    Kevin nagama
    Roby
    Walmsley

Ffs get some consistency. Last week was stupid for yellow cards but at least he was consistent.

100%. And the bitter fans of other clubs claim we had the ref on our side. He absolutely caned up second half! Think they got a pen every time they were on their own line.

Starting A Programme Collection

As soon as we hit their 20 the whistle went . Absolute solid professionals and patience from us . We accepted re set and went again building pressures . We we slaughtered that second half and yet stuck to our plan . Absolute masterclass , a lesson for a jnr teams . Accept adversity , stick to your process . That was an absolute privilege to watch . Well done Woolf and the lads . With that attitude and execution we would never have lost it irrespective but f how close it was .Simply Amazing .
    Last edited by Dark Side Of The Moon; 10th October 2021 at 08:24.

Learning All The Songs Kakariki's Avatar

Lomax
    Kevin nagama
    Roby
    Walmsley

You're absolutely right on the sin binnings. More was let go, maybe because it was a final. I don't agree with that thinking but I think it is a factor, not just in our sport but in others too. Wreckless tackles in football in major games often get less severe punishment.
    I think we benefited from this with the Sione incident with Maloney. Had that been a normal Sky game the touch judges and video official would have had a word with the ref and it would have been a yellow if not red. Yesterday's referee, I think, deliberately let play go on as he didn't want to be forced in a position to send a man off.
    I was amazed to read on BBC that Tommy was the first ever to be binned in a grand Final.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Lomax
    Kevin nagama
    Roby
    Walmsley

As already mentioned, I think Moore did the right thing and factored in that it was a grand final, we don't really want to see 4 yellows in a final and a stop start game, it helped to keep the game intense. This was evident when Maloney forearmed Matautia in the throat and Matautia threw a punch with Tomkins and Knowles joining the handbag party, Moore just let them get on with it and probably instructed the touch judge to keep an eye on it.

Makinson needs to cool down his tackling technique, its very speed dynamic and its getting picked up by the officials in a guilty until proved innocent nature.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    As already mentioned, I think Moore did the right thing and factored in that it was a grand final, we don't really want to see 4 yellows in a final and a stop start game, it helped to keep the game intense. This was evident when Maloney forearmed Matautia in the throat and Matautia threw a punch with Tomkins and Knowles joining the handbag party, Moore just let them get on with it and probably instructed the touch judge to keep an eye on it.

Makinson needs to cool down his tackling technique, its very speed dynamic and its getting picked up by the officials in a guilty until proved innocent nature.
    I wouldn'be surprised to see Matautia sat down the first game or two next year, but I thought last night was probably his best game for us.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post

I wouldn'be surprised to see Matautia sat down the first game or two next year, but I thought last night was probably his best game for us.

Starting A Programme Collection

The head shot on Lomax early on was worthy of a sin bin. Just as bad as Tommy's.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

And the one on Roby.

Let's not forget knees in Kevin's head.

Sure we don't want four yellows but if you give Makinson as a yellow then catalan should have had at least 2.

Also can't believe the touch judge missed coote putting his foot down.