Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Knowles

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    Except the disciplinary is populated by (a) very stupid people and (b) ex-players trying to stay in the game.

Neither fill me with confidence.
    I think stay in a job is more like it. If they agree with the ref's decision and don't ban anyone not really any need for them.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Just seen the extended highlights.

I doubt it will be a ban.

Its a late shot that was a bit lazy and he could have pulled out of doing. He hits with the shoulder, but it's not to the head and he makes a weak gesture with his arms.

So I think yellow for being late is sufficient.

As for the other 2 yellows I don't blame the ref, clearly an order has gone out. But the game needs to consider the issue of head shots on falling players, because in some cases the fall is what is projecting the head onto the arm. Not the other way around.

If we are keeping yellows for this you can see some sides using it as a tactic to get someone in the bin.

Speaking of which Robert Louie needs to take a long hard look at himself. He was the first to suggest Sione should be off for 10 mins, ran in with his hands indicating 10.

Very poor form from a rl player, maybe he should just bring his cards next time.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post

Its a late shot that was a bit lazy and he could have pulled out of doing. He hits with the shoulder, but it's not to the head and he makes a weak gesture with his arms.

As for the other 2 yellows I don't blame the ref, clearly an order has gone out. But the game needs to consider the issue of head shots on falling players, because in some cases the fall is what is projecting the head onto the arm. Not the other way around.

If we are keeping yellows for this you can see some sides using it as a tactic to get someone in the bin.

Speaking of which Robert Louie needs to take a long hard look at himself. He was the first to suggest Sione should be off for 10 mins, ran in with his hands indicating 10.

Very poor form from a rl player, maybe he should just bring his cards next time.
    Desperate times call for desperate measures in respect to Lui running in waving imaginary cards about. It’s something I’ve noticed creep into our game across the board and was regularly done by one of our former favourites and unsurprisingly a huge football fan, James Graham.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post

We were talking about this on Sunday. It's difficult in that a player falling often gets caught with a tackle that is high as it's around his head but is not intentional as he has slipped into the tackle. However, you can't give the tackler carte blanche to take the attackers head off if he is going down.
    I suppose you have to look at "intent" and hope the disciplinary, who don't forget are made up of ex players get the decision right.

Learning All The Songs

Matt Prior got off with his shoulder charge on Zac last week so I'm expecting Morgan to get off with this?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    We were talking about this on Sunday. It's difficult in that a player falling often gets caught with a tackle that is high as it's around his head but is not intentional as he has slipped into the tackle. However, you can't give the tackler carte blanche to take the attackers head off if he is going down.
    I suppose you have to look at "intent" and hope the disciplinary, who don't forget are made up of ex players get the decision right.
    When you look at the 2 similar tackles of the player falling to the floor, you can see more intent from the Donaldson one by the range and force of his arm, the Matautia one was less so with his arm down by his side.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    When you look at the 2 similar tackles of the player falling to the floor, you can see more intent from the Donaldson one by the range and force of his arm, the Matautia one was less so with his arm down by his side.
    Donaldson knew exactly what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Matt Prior got off with his shoulder charge on Zac last week so I'm expecting Morgan to get off with this?
    The problem is, unless the rules have changed. You cannot cite similar tackle nor punishments.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The problem is, unless the rules have changed. You cannot cite similar tackle nor punishments.
    That’s daft.

Got A Season Ticket

Morgan Knowles - Grade A

Is that just a fine then?

Edit - yes it is, 0 match penalty notice

Also, Matautia is a "NFA"

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    Morgan Knowles - Grade A

Is that just a fine then?

Edit - yes it is, 0 match penalty notice

Also, Matautia is a "NFA"

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Excellent news, was never in doubt

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Great news, common sense has been applied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

So pleased that sense has been seen and both teams are at full strength for Saturdays spectacle so no excuses let’s batter um CoyS

In The South Stand

Told you there would be no issues, never doubted it for a second. Some of you really are drama queens.

I was bang on with those who'd be investigated though. I should really work for the disciplinary committee.

Banned

Maloney gets away with an awful lot.

When do we find out who the ref is? I'm hoping Liam Moore because he's the best by a mile, but he's already had the CCF. Will it be Kendall again? Given the animosity between Wire and Catalns, would their puppet Hicks be less anti-Saints in this game?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

When do we find out who the ref is? I'm hoping Liam Moore because he's the best by a mile, but he's already had the CCF. Will it be Kendall again? Given the animosity between Wire and Catalns, would their puppet Hicks be less anti-Saints in this game?
    Has to be Liam Moore. He's the Messi of referees.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Armourer View Post
    So pleased that sense has been seen and both teams are at full strength for Saturdays spectacle so no excuses let’s batter um CoyS
    agreed.We need to get revenge for that Magic weekend defeat.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    That's what has shocked me most. As you say, great news.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Phew!
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Obviously wanted 2 full teams at the Grand Final. If you read the wording of the reasoning it's obvious they were not going for any bans, as most bear no resemblance to what actually happened. Pity the same wordsmith hasn't been available all season. Perhaps they called in Susie Dent.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Can’t believe Tom Briscoe didn’t get any charge!

But I’m happy for the disciplinary to take a soft approach this week with it meaning Knowles is free to play. Matautia was never a ban anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

It will be ref Maloney with an assistant field ref. I would like to see Walmsley trample over him we need to give Maloney a hard time.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 4th October 2021 at 16:41.

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post

But I’m happy for the disciplinary to take a soft approach this week with it meaning Knowles is free to play. Matautia was never a ban anyway!
    That one was definitely a ban, the other 3 incidents were "soft" compared to the Briscoe one.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I am happy that the refereeing on thursday has benefitted us because there were a number of incidents in that which were deemed just penalties when yellows or reds would have been given by Kendall so a bit of balance has been applied.
    Learned comment from The Don

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reliable sauce View Post

Briscoe no charge is an absolute joke. What annoys me with all these charges is if Coote goes off on a stretcher, it’s a red and multiple game ban. They literally work off the premise of how much damage is done rather than intent and what could have happened.