Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Knowles

Got A Replica Shirt

Default Morgan Knowles

Do we need to worry?

The only disappointing note was the number of yellow cards, with four players spending 10 minutes in the sin-bin, and Morgan Knowles in particular might have a nervous wait for the judiciary to see if he will be available for next week's final after his late shot on Kruise Leeming.
    Taken from BBC Sports news https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/58747937
    Bringing it all back home.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Peters View Post
    Do we need to worry?

The only disappointing note was the number of yellow cards, with four players spending 10 minutes in the sin-bin, and Morgan Knowles in particular might have a nervous wait for the judiciary to see if he will be available for next week's final after his late shot on Kruise Leeming.
    Taken from BBC Sports news https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/58747937
    I watched the full replay again on Saints TV this is the version with the ref commentary and I watched it with a neutral pair of eyes. I criticised the ref Kendall on Friday night but watching him again I must admit he wasn't too bad and he was fairly consistent with a lot of decision making.

With reference to the yellows, for me only the Briscoe one should result in a ban, the Knowles late hit didn't look like a shoulder to the head more like the Maloney one on Batchelor the other week, I think the disciplinary will judge how late was the hit. The Matautia and Donaldson ones will just be yellow card sufficient.

Noooobie

Sione should be fine but I’m worried about knowles. Looks like a late shoulder charge, he’ll probably get a game.

In The South Stand

I'd be surprised if one of our players wasn't banned, I wouldn't be surprised if three were suspended. Makinson in particular doesn't have a good record and if he's picked up he'll miss the final. Mata'utia would be very unlucky, but look what happened before the Challenge Cup final. His high shot was worse than what he got banned for before that. Knowles fortunately didn't have any head contact or he'd be another who was sure to miss it.

Let's be honest, with out without Saints tinted glasses on, if Knowles gets a ban for that, then we all may as well start watching/playing another sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    I'd be surprised if one of our players wasn't banned, I wouldn't be surprised if three were suspended. Makinson in particular doesn't have a good record and if he's picked up he'll miss the final. Mata'utia would be very unlucky, but look what happened before the Challenge Cup final. His high shot was worse than what he got banned for before that. Knowles fortunately didn't have any head contact or he'd be another who was sure to miss it.
    What did Makinson do to make him possibly miss the final.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

I thought the Donaldson hit was a bad one.I know Coote was falling but it seemed to me he went in with a swinging arm and Coote saw it coming.

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    Let's be honest, with out without Saints tinted glasses on, if Knowles gets a ban for that, then we all may as well start watching/playing another sport.
    Entirely agree, but that's the way the game is reffed at the moment and it was a stupid thing for Knowles to do in a semi-final when we were in total control. I get the impression that he has upped the mongrel content in his game recently (maybe on instructions) to compensate for the absence of Bentley and I just hope it doesn't cost us, but to be honest I'd be more surprised if he didn't cop a ban than if he did.

With regard to the others. Iv'e seen plenty of reds given for the first incident, but every player throws out an arm occasionally when he realises he's been wrong-footed (though I may feel less generous if I were on the receiving end!) and the other two were just bad luck. It certainly would be unjust if Matautia missed both finals for something and nothing.

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    What did Makinson do to make him possibly miss the final.
    I think the incident occurred early in the game, Makinson shot out of the line and clattered the Leeds centre (I think), I said at the time I was surprised Kendal didn’t give a penalty as the Leeds player didn’t have the ball. Luckily, the player in question just got up and didn’t make a meal out of it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    I thought the Donaldson hit was a bad one.I know Coote was falling but it seemed to me he went in with a swinging arm and Coote saw it coming.
    My thoughta as well. Sione very unlucky with his yellow, the other 3 - no arguments.

In The South Stand

I’m expecting one game for Sione and Knowles to get off with yellow sufficient based on this year’s bans handed out.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I’m expecting one game for Sione and Knowles to get off with yellow sufficient based on this year’s bans handed out.
    I'm thinking the other way around, Matautia's offence was the least of the 4 yellow cards, for me Briscoe definitley a ban. Knowles is a 50:50 one but it was not a head tackle, seconds after Leeming is holding his ribs the point of contact, Donaldson and Matautia (opponent falling) yellow card sufficient. Catalan had 2 head shot offences as well, one of them was when Maloney gobbed off to the ref saying it wasn't all that bad.

Another factor is the importance of the game itself which should consider some tolerance, on the replay I heard Kendall on two occasions say " I know its a semi final. but you need to keep control", the disciplinary should also take that factor into account.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 3rd October 2021 at 13:29.

Learning All The Songs

its an absolute joke that we are even worried about bans. Game has gone soft

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Both sin bins sufficient. Knowles isn't a shoulder charge for me the shoulder is open.

If any of those get a ban but casiano is still playing after ending a lads season then it just shows how bad the disciplinary is.

When will the panel decide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

For me Sione will be fine. Mitigating factor that the opponent was falling into the tackle. Hands where at his side. Knowles on the other will get a minimum 1 match. It's a shoulder charge. Not mitigation. He had time to pull out of the challenge. Pure stupidity. Obviously I hope he gets away with it but if we don't, it could have a big bearing on the final result.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    For me Sione will be fine. Mitigating factor that the opponent was falling into the tackle. Hands where at his side. Knowles on the other will get a minimum 1 match. It's a shoulder charge. Not mitigation. He had time to pull out of the challenge. Pure stupidity. Obviously I hope he gets away with it but if we don't, it could have a big bearing on the final result.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    Personally I think everyone is worrying about nothing. Penalty and yellow card more than sufficient for each incident. I agree, however that Knowles should take more care.

If I’m wrong, and trying to look on the bright side, it may make the decision as to where to play Welsby in the GF easier. I am joking of course. I hope we come through unscathed by injury and the disciplinary. If Knowles cops a ban there’s nothing to be lost at this stage in appealing it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WIDE2WEST View Post
    When will the panel decide?

We’ll know by this time tomorrow.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    We’ll know by this time tomorrow.
    Cheers mate

Got A Replica Shirt

Tuesday

In The South Stand

For me there was nothing more than a yellow in any of the incidents. You can guarantee if any bans are handed out that we will appeal them.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Peters View Post
    Tuesday
    The appeals are a Tuesday. You find out about the charges on a Monday.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

the disciplinary should also take that factor into account.
    Except the disciplinary is populated by (a) very stupid people and (b) ex-players trying to stay in the game.

Neither fill me with confidence.

Got A Replica Shirt

Thankyou

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I'm thinking the other way around, Matautia's offence was the least of the 4 yellow cards, for me Briscoe definitley a ban. Knowles is a 50:50 one but it was not a head tackle, seconds after Leeming is holding his ribs the point of contact, Donaldson and Matautia (opponent falling) yellow card sufficient. Catalan had 2 head shot offences as well, one of them was when Maloney gobbed off to the ref saying it wasn't all that bad.

Another factor is the importance of the game itself which should consider some tolerance, on the replay I heard Kendall on two occasions say " I know its a semi final. but you need to keep control", the disciplinary should also take that factor into account.
    They didn't take it into acount for Wembley. How bad would it be if Sione mised both big games because of a group not fit for purpose. However In this case I don't think he has any worries even with the disciplinary we have.