Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Catalan v hull kr

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    *Catalans fans doing a Mexican wave in the background

"The Catalans fans are all on their feet appealing for something" - Bill Arthur

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    He is absolutely hopeless.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    *Catalans fans doing a Mexican wave in the background

"The Catalans fans are all on their feet appealing for something" - Bill Arthur

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand

I genuinely think that’s the worst commentary I’ve ever heard from Bill Arthur tonight. That takes some doing as well. It’s like he’s watching something a minute behind everyone else.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I genuinely think that’s the worst commentary I’ve ever heard from Bill Arthur tonight. That takes some doing as well. It’s like he’s watching something a minute behind everyone else.
    Compared to when he said “Wakefield beat Wakefield earlier in the evening” tonight was pure poetry….
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand

I think it was Terry O’Connor that referred to Catalans playing us in the Grand Final. If I was a Leeds’ fan I’d be a little bit annoyed about that. Do they ever think before speaking?

Starting A Programme Collection

Watching it on a dodgy box

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Watching it on a dodgy box
    No such thing anymore mate. Foreign channels show games legitimately now, I watched tonights game on Sportsnet World.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I think it was Terry O’Connor that referred to Catalans playing us in the Grand Final. If I was a Leeds’ fan I’d be a little bit annoyed about that. Do they ever think before speaking?
    It was McDermott not O’Connor which is more surprising given his connections/allegiance with Leeds.

Learning All The Songs

Poor game between two sides, neither of whom was anywhere near their best tonight

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    Poor game between two sides, neither of whom was anywhere near their best tonight
    Wasn't the prettiest to watch.

I thought Catalans played good, basic rugby though. Big pack, even bigger ones coming off the bench & Maloney & Drinkwater playing steady. A performance & result like that for either of us two tonight, we would be saying 'job done'

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    It kind of proved with Hull KR you can't play unstructured rugby with errors in knock out rugby week in week out, Catalan kept their composure and structure unlike Warrington last week. A couple of weaknesses exposed in that game that Saints coould exploit if we reach the final.

Didn't think it was a quality game yet the SKY team tried to big it up the best way they could, when John Wells starts talking about a team being organic we know he's just making up krap and drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Childs is only getting the Catalans defence back about 6 yard.
    French 10 yards different size to English. I could be wrong but I thought it was the 72nd minute before he give offside. Then he did them three times in the last eight minutes.

Learning All The Songs

he is, without doubt, the worst commentator on TV , supported by a pair of muppets in O'Connor and McDermott.

Past his sell by date.. time for him to go,, he could take them other two muppets with him…

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    French 10 yards different size to English. I could be wrong but I thought it was the 72nd minute before he give offside. Then he did them three times in the last eight minutes.
    Did you hear the video ref in his ear?? With 10 minutes left in the game im sure he said to Childs ‘8-5,8-5’. Was that the penalty count at that time? And if so was it so Childs had 10 minutes left to balance up the penalties giving the impression of a fair refereeing???
    We all know it goes on. The ref slaps one team for 65 minutes then gifts them a few penalties once the game’s gone just to even things up.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Did you hear the video ref in his ear?? With 10 minutes left in the game im sure he said to Childs ‘8-5,8-5’. Was that the penalty count at that time? And if so was it so Childs had 10 minutes left to balance up the penalties giving the impression of a fair refereeing???
    We all know it goes on. The ref slaps one team for 65 minutes then gifts them a few penalties once the game’s gone just to even things up.
    Its always been that way when one team is so far ahead, thought the restarts (6 again) went in Catalans favour throughout the whole game, McMeeken and Maloney should have been pinged a few times with interference at the PTB. Also, if we get to the final I would expect there will be 2 refs on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Its always been that way when one team is so far ahead, thought the restarts (6 again) went in Catalans favour throughout the whole game, McMeeken and Maloney should have been pinged a few times with interference at the PTB. Also, if we get to the final I would expect there will be 2 refs on the field.
    Maloney and Childs?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    Not the team that beat Wire.
    Exactly the same team. Hull KR were poor vs Wire. Wire were just a lot worse than Catalans
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    It kind of proved with Hull KR you can't play unstructured rugby with errors in knock out rugby week in week out, Catalan kept their composure and structure unlike Warrington last week. A couple of weaknesses exposed in that game that Saints coould exploit if we reach the final.

Didn't think it was a quality game yet the SKY team tried to big it up the best way they could, when John Wells starts talking about a team being organic we know he's just making up krap and drivel.
    I thought they were sloppy with it all, they played some good stuff but looked like they wanted to score every tackle. If they'd have made a break then didn't try and throw a wonder pass they may have made more of a game of it.

Catalans were poor first half, however they turned it on the second half

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    It was McDermott not O’Connor which is more surprising given his connections/allegiance with Leeds.
    They need a wholesale clear out and to bring in ex players who have recently retired who can bring some relevant and pertinant observations (Wilkin, JJB, Peacock, McGuire et al) or some unemployed coaches who've actually won trophies in living memory. Them Muppets are an irrelevance, Clarke is bitter and twisted with his own bias is clear throughout. He's just there to be controversial. Likewise the Ginger whinger with his Cas affiliations. He used to provide insight but now only adds to the ridiculous hyperbole. Every game we're watching is "a classic" average players are "Possibly the best prop in Super League" or "The best half in the competition"! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    They need a wholesale clear out and to bring in ex players who have recently retired who can bring some relevant and pertinant observations (Wilkin, JJB, Peacock, McGuire et al) or some unemployed coaches who've actually won trophies in living memory. Them Muppets are an irrelevance, Clarke is bitter and twisted with his own bias is clear throughout. He's just there to be controversial. Likewise the Ginger whinger with his Cas affiliations. He used to provide insight but now only adds to the ridiculous hyperbole. Every game we're watching is "a classic" average players are "Possibly the best prop in Super League" or "The best half in the competition"! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Kyle Amor has been doing a bit for 5live radio and he did the women’s and wheelchair RL too came across very well he actually made sense which was refreshing for sky sports

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Kyle Amor has been doing a bit for 5live radio and he did the women’s and wheelchair RL too came across very well he actually made sense which was refreshing for sky sports
    Yeah, you're right. Kyle was well spoken and articulate, with the experience and knowledge of the modern game as a champion. Excellent choice.

In The South Stand

I’d hate Sky to get Wilkin, he’s articulate and smart but he doesn’t half talk some rubbish and attempts Alan Partridge humour every few seconds.

Sky absolutely need a clear out from top to bottom. The only one I’d be tempted to keep is Jenna Brooks but only because we see so little of her that I’ve not seen enough to gauge an opinion on whether she’s good or not.

We desperately need a recently retired half on there regularly. The fanfare, not just from us, when Long did the analysis last year was telling. It’s what people want to see and listen to, rather than the guff Jon Wells serves up. I’d be tempted to get Kevin Brown on regularly, maybe alternating him with someone else to keep it fresh and interesting. I’d used to quite like it 15 or so years ago when current coaches would be guests for the night, too.

We desperately need a commentator. Arthur is abysmal and it just isn’t the role for him. At least with Eddie Hemmings, he was a commentator/presenter so it was always professional and come across well. Arthur and Carney are just fools and make things look amateur.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by BbrookTM View Post
    Got to agree, he was very good on 5live last night.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I think most of us feel the same.