JB&B Leach Banner
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Glyn Moses

  1. #1
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bury
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Glyn Moses

    sad to see Saints oldest surviving player has passed away

    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/09/3...-rugby-league/

    RIP

  2. #2
    Learning All The Songs oldun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    sad to see Saints oldest surviving player has passed away

    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/09/3...-rugby-league/

    RIP
    Reading that brings back memories as it was the first time for me at Wembley RIP Glyn



    I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!


    I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect




  3. #3
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,892
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I posted on the RedVee a while back about the Full Back and three quarter line in the first game that i saw in 1952 i said that every one of them would play in a test side Moses was Full Back , he is still one of the best that i have seen , R I P Glyn Moses one of the finest.

  4. #4
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Right side of the track
    Posts
    1,679
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I posted on the RedVee a while back about the Full Back and three quarter line in the first game that i saw in 1952 i said that every one of them would play in a test side Moses was Full Back , he is still one of the best that i have seen , R I P Glyn Moses one of the finest.






    I saw Glyn play many times and he was indeed my favourite full back of that era. Tough as teak and the way he returned the ball was a treat to see. I never knew that he played centre at Salford. Thanks for the memories Glyn R.I.P.

  5. #5
    In The West Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    5,298
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Sad news.

    Somewhat before my time, but a legend of the club.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  6. #6
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,572
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Sad news.

    Somewhat before my time, but a legend of the club.
    Same but wish I had seen him play.

    Rest In Peace Glyn

  7. #7
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,569
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Same but wish I had seen him play.

    Rest In Peace Glyn
    I remmeber when I was about 8 years old he was working outside our school for the council (corporation in those days) and having time to speak to us all clambering around him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •