Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Leeds - SEMI FINAL!

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I thought the 8 flattered Leeds massively, it was nice of Chris Kendall to manage their pain somewhat and give them their points

How they can be playing for a place in a Grand Final is beyond me. They were so bad I thought I was watching Cunningham Saints at times

Woeful
    Kendal was appalling.

The pick was him going to the screen for Leeds' 2nd try. Was comfortably in the field of play. Garbage

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

What was the match attendance, seemed to be the best we,ve had this season.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    There’s really not a mad anti-Saints conspiracy. We’re in our third straight Grand Final and the Cup holders. Looking at the way the game is clamping down on contact with the head, we’ll be incredibly to get both available for next week.
    What talk sense

Learning All The Songs

I fully expect to be without 1 of them next week, Ma’atautia’s sin binning is a joke, not sure what he is meant to do when their player is on his way down before the tackle is made. I may have been a little too drunk to remember Knowles sin binning so will need to watch it again. But the bigger issue for me is how did Kendall not send Briscoe off for his high shot, i dont think there is anything more a player can do to get sent off, it had all the hallmarks of a red.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I'm sorry, but there was nothing in that Mata'utia tackle at all. The game is going soft. Sometimes you cannot avoid head contact. The player was going down, what is Mata'utia supposed to do? Not tackle him? Ridiculous.

As for Knowles tackle, slightly late but not alot in it. It wasn't high, penalty at most. It'll be a joke if he's banned.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Yat View Post
    I hope not obviously BUT the way things have gone lately i can see both being banned for the final but oh my Lord, I hope not!!!
    Why are you writing this chapter if your a saints fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    I fully expect to be without 1 of them next week, Ma’atautia’s sin binning is a joke, not sure what he is meant to do when their player is on his way down before the tackle is made. I may have been a little too drunk to remember Knowles sin binning so will need to watch it again. But the bigger issue for me is how did Kendall not send Briscoe off for his high shot, i dont think there is anything more a player can do to get sent off, it had all the hallmarks of a red.
    Brisco thank you hope judiciary realise what is bad

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    What was the match attendance, seemed to be the best we,ve had this season.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Noooobie

4 points

Most importantly, a magnificent team performance and well worth the 4.45am Saturday wake up. Woolf does get them up for big games. Ran harder, tackled harder and executed better. 1-17 brilliant.

Sin bins - game has gone soft and is interpreting things incorrectly. The NRL realised after its crackdown (after a boo boo where a player got sent off) that players who slip or stumble at the line and Accidentally get hit in the head do not warrant any action. Sometimes not even a penalty. Matautias was the perfect example. Knowles was a little silly put not a bin. The Leeds bins were sin bins. Coote taken high In a normal position by Briscoe then Donaldson had loads of time to take Coote lower. Coote was low for a good few seconds as he was trying to stay in field.

Refereeing - have some fans on here just got a complex? Kendall had a decent game and does not favour anyone. It’s not his fault on the sin bins (and it was consistent for both teams) and a lot of his 50-50 calls were on the money. He like Saints is trying to get a final appearance too. I think he’s the best ref In The U.K. game. Some of his talking to the players to let the game flow was excellent.

Finally - where are you Despondent Dave and saddened? Can you not appreciate both the defensive and offensive side of the game tonight? Some of the defence was relentless. Rolling down the field was a joy to watch - the first set we had set the tone. Grace’s 2 tries and Naqaima’s were beautifully worked. Don’t just come on for a moan when we lose or don’t “win with style?”. That was stand up and applaud performance tonight

COYS

Starting A Programme Collection Mr.Yat's Avatar

>11k

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by BackrowSaint View Post
    Really? That's a surprise, you're always so glowing when it comes to Dodd.
    It is nothing personal , I reckon the boy will be very special .
    I just think he is very young & very light-weight to be playing every game . The thing is with Theo
    leaving Dodd is the only candidate for the SH position . When you see some of these South Sea
    Island boys running at him it is scary . Btw I am posting after the game . Not watched the game.
    Dodd probably made my comments look stupid . Stiil believe he should not be playing every game .

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    It is nothing personal , I reckon the boy will be very special .
    I just think he is very young & very light-weight to be playing every game . The thing is with Theo
    leaving Dodd is the only candidate for the SH position . When you see some of these South Sea
    Island boys running at him it is scary . Btw I am posting after the game . Not watched the game.
    Dodd probably made my comments look stupid . Stiil believe he should not be playing every game .
    just an add-on . After watching KW's post match comments , saying why he became Saints coach .
    really does come across has a very nice guy . Will he extend his stay

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Kendal was appalling.

The pick was him going to the screen for Leeds' 2nd try. Was comfortably in the field of play. Garbage
    He was awful (for both teams) we got away with a lot to ! What I coming away thinking was - was that really a semi final? We did play well , but at times struggled to execute . It really should have been 50+ I suppose you could say our tactics workEd perfect ( first 30 dominate and pressure , last 15 reap the rewards ) but I thought we should have crossed the line more , early on . Lots of possession and field position and only 14 points to show for it , in my eyes , against that crap , it should have been more ! Our forwards were on top form however as soon as Al went off we got a sin bin and that clearly shifted our go forward . Discipline was something of a negative last night and needs to be rectified for the final

Knowles , I think he could mis next week . I immediately said that at the game as it looked like a clear shoulder charge with no attempt to tackle correctly ( not looked at the replay ) other than that we look unscathed. A big positive is that was more of a pre session friendly than a semi so we should all be niggle free.
    PS
    If only wire beat Hull KR , they might have had a chance last night �� just a thought

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    The only thing that may ge against Knowles is that he didn't seem to try to use his arme it was late and I thought it was with his shoulder. Having said that it did not deserve a ban.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Got to say, that was an extremely impressive performance. There's not a side at the moment who'll get anywhere near that and part of me is relieved that we were knocked out as I fear we'd have been on the end of a battering.

That line speed alone is enough to put anyone off, but now your attacking plays are crisp and fluent on the back of powerful forward runs - especially Walmsley who's head and shoulders the best Prop and best player in the league at the moment for me.

I'm slightly concerned for next year as a Wire fan with our pack weakened by the loss off Hill. Hurrell will give your pack yet another powerful line of attack with an already potent array of attackers down the middle.

The benefits of having a strong academy are showing again where your youthful second team players just seem to fit in and match and more the players already in the side. Welsby and Dodd yet more players approaching such a high level already.

I wasn't convinced with Wolf at first, perhaps that was down to Holbrook who's arguably been the most talented manager in the past 10 years. But the final bit of the jigsaw seems to be taking shape in the form of your attack - extremely dangerous.

You know I'm going to be cheering on Catalans, but fair play. Saints are a top, top side and could dominate for some time to come. Enjoy the final, I know I won't!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I don’t know where this faith comes from given that they’re probably the most incompetent organisation I’ve ever known…..BUT I think the RFL will for once use common sense and judge both incidents as “sin bin sufficient.”

The Matautia one was completely unavoidable. There’s literally nothing he could have done.

Knowles marginally late, no contact to the head and he didn’t jump into it or anything like that.
    Last edited by The Yellow Giraffe; 2nd October 2021 at 07:43.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I don’t know where this faith comes from given that they’re probably the most incompetent organisation I’ve ever known…..BUT I think the RFL will for once use common sense and judge both incidents as “sin bin sufficient.”

The Matautia one was completely unavoidable. There’s literally nothing he could have done.

Knowles marginally mate, no contact to the head and he didn’t jump into it or anything like that.

Hopefully you are right YG. But what is a marginal mate?

Hopefully you are right YG. But what is a marginal mate?
    Haha coffee hasn’t kicked in. I’ll edit it now haha

If we can produce a similar performance next Sat, we give ourselves a chance

If we can produce a similar performance next Sat, we give ourselves a chance
    I think our best is better than theirs and in that sense we just need to worry about ourselves and focus on what we do best. If we can produce an 80 minute performance anything close to our potential then we win.

In The South Stand

Knowles marginally late, no contact to the head and he didn’t jump into it or anything like that.
    There’s a grading in the A-B category of careless along the lines of “ball carrier dips”. I can see it possibly falling into that category, in all honesty.

Knowles didn’t really wrap the arms so I think that will go against him.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

There’s a grading in the A-B category of careless along the lines of “ball carrier dips”. I can see it possibly falling into that category, in all honesty.

Losing Knowles would be a real blow. Not sure what we do for a loose then. Welsby can play there but we need another forward to deal with their numerous big units.

Garcia is a real workhorse for them and he needs dealing with

I think our best is better than theirs and in that sense we just need to worry about ourselves and focus on what we do best. If we can produce an 80 minute performance anything close to our potential then we win.
    Yes you're right. If we play at our best, we will be hard to stop but I think they're a good side and in Maloney, have a player who has played and won at the pinnacle of the sport fairly regularly.

Need to make his night difficult

The ball carrier didn’t just dip though he completely fell over at his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    He was awful (for both teams) we got away with a lot to ! What I coming away thinking was - was that really a semi final? We did play well , but at times struggled to execute . It really should have been 50+ I suppose you could say our tactics workEd perfect ( first 30 dominate and pressure , last 15 reap the rewards ) but I thought we should have crossed the line more , early on . Lots of possession and field position and only 14 points to show for it , in my eyes , against that crap , it should have been more ! Our forwards were on top form however as soon as Al went off we got a sin bin and that clearly shifted our go forward . Discipline was something of a negative last night and needs to be rectified for the final

Knowles , I think he could mis next week . I immediately said that at the game as it looked like a clear shoulder charge with no attempt to tackle correctly ( not looked at the replay ) other than that we look unscathed. A big positive is that was more of a pre session friendly than a semi so we should all be niggle free.
    PS
    If only wire beat Hull KR , they might have had a chance last night �� just a thought
    I see where you are coming from. I think Leeds did well to slow us down at times, which was annoying. That probably disrupted our flow somewhat.

Plus when Walmsley and Lees go off, it's a problem as I think our intensity dips. Nothing against Paasi or Amor by the way, they just don't have that raw go forward. I think Paasi was outstanding when he came on at Wembley though so not sure what the secret was there?