Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 21 man squad v Leeds - SEMI FINAL!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Default 21 man squad v Leeds - SEMI FINAL!

I won't bother with an IN/OUT from last time as there were so many changes for the Salford game. Easier just to say Fages and Bentley are missing and everyone else is available.

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/09/2...squad-named-2/

1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5, Regan Grace, 6, Jonny Lomax, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Matty Lees, 11. Joel Thompson, 13, Morgan Knowles, 14. Sione Mata’utia, 15, LMS, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Agnatius Paasi, 18. Jack Welsby, 19, Aaron Smith, 20, Joe Batchelor, 21. Lewis Dodd, 23, Jake Wingfield, 29. Ben Davies.

The Lomax/Dodd/Welsby debate has been done to death and I genuinely don't have a clue what he will do. So I will have a guess at what I think it'll be, not necessarily what I would do. There's also an interesting competition for bench spots with Amor, LMS, Thompson, Wingfield, Paasi fighting for 3 spots in my eyes.

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Dodd
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Batchelor
    Matautia
    Knowles

Welsby (I know, I know )
    LMS
    Paasi
    Thompson

Amor, Wingfield, Davies and Smith to miss out.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Replica Shirt

I’d start Welsby with Lomax on the bench.Controversial I know.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I won't bother with an IN/OUT from last time as there were so many changes for the Salford game. Easier just to say Fages and Bentley are missing and everyone else is available.

1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5, Regan Grace, 6, Jonny Lomax, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Matty Lees, 11. Joel Thompson, 13, Morgan Knowles, 14. Sione Mata’utia, 15, LMS, 16. Kyle Amor, 17. Agnatius Paasi, 18. Jack Welsby, 19, Aaron Smith, 20, Joe Batchelor, 21. Lewis Dodd, 23, Jake Wingfield, 29. Ben Davies.

The Lomax/Dodd/Welsby debate has been done to death and I genuinely don't have a clue what he will do. So I will have a guess at what I think it'll be, not necessarily what I would do. There's also an interesting competition for bench spots with Amor, LMS, Thompson, Wingfield, Paasi fighting for 3 spots in my eyes.

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Dodd
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Batchelor
    Matautia
    Knowles

Welsby (I know, I know )
    LMS
    Paasi
    Thompson

This is pretty close, Amor for Thompson maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    That wouldn't shock me. I just think he will like having a 2nd row option off the bench but I may be wrong. More often than not he has 2 props, a hooker/half and a 2nd rower I think.

Learning All The Songs

I wouldn't have Thompson involved in any way

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    I think Amor will get the nod over Thompson.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Definitely some tough decisions to be made!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

At the end of the day the only team that will beat us is ourselves.
    Learned comment from The Don

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Quite right. That’s a strong looking squad that should comfortably beat Leeds no matter what combination Woolf goes with.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Lomax
    Dodd
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Batchelor
    Matautia
    Knowles

Welsby (I know, I know )
    LMS
    Paasi
    Thompson

I think that team picks itself. I know there are plenty who would start Welsby over Lomax but I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Woolf will go for that. Really strong squad that, free hit for Leeds though so we’ll have to play well.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Amor for Thompson for sure . And no question for me Lomax / Dodd to start . Lots of options and whichever way we play it we should be far to strong for Leeds .

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    I agree. We need to be spot on discipline wise as well.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

I think the debate over Lomax and Welsby is for here only, Woolf will play Lomax. The starting 13 is pretty predictable

Paasi, Welsby, LMS will be three of the subs, which leaves amor or Thompson, all likelihood Amor

Got A Season Ticket

I don't want to derail the thread, but my queries are too small for a new one, so apols in advance. I'm bringing my brother to this match, staying with him and his wife near Crewe. He knows nothing about League. Firstly, where can we park? Is that car park near the Glass Museum still open (I usually come by bus over from Wi*an so haven't paid attention to car parks)? A longish walk is no problem. I'm not fussed about Tescos car park.

Secondly, my brother went to Leeds Poly, as it was back in the day. I'm really worried that he might from here on develop an allegiance to the Rhinos rather than Saints. Any ideas about how to nip this in the bud?

Thirdly, I reckon it will be Lomax in the 13. OK, he hasn't got the tries and assists of other halves this season as the stats show, but it's the stuff beyond the stats that makes him stand out - positioning, game management, forciing the opposition to focus on him leaving opportunities elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Canterbredve View Post
    I don't want to derail the thread, but my queries are too small for a new one, so apols in advance. I'm bringing my brother to this match, staying with him and his wife near Crewe. He knows nothing about League. Firstly, where can we park? Is that car park near the Glass Museum still open (I usually come by bus over from Wi*an so haven't paid attention to car parks)? A longish walk is no problem. I'm not fussed about Tescos car park.

Secondly, my brother went to Leeds Poly, as it was back in the day. I'm really worried that he might from here on develop an allegiance to the Rhinos rather than Saints. Any ideas about how to nip this in the bud?

Thirdly, I reckon it will be Lomax in the 13. OK, he hasn't got the tries and assists of other halves this season as the stats show, but it's the stuff beyond the stats that makes him stand out - positioning, game management, forciing the opposition to focus on him leaving opportunities elsewhere...
    That car park your talking about has been knocked down . I park over the road from the ground nr Burger King .

Banned

I think the Wire-HKR shock is going to really work for us. We certainly won't be taking this for granted now.

Quote Originally Posted by Canterbredve View Post

I pick on Manor St just off Jackson St and there’s a 5 minute walk over the old bridge to the ground.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I would go;

Coote
    Makinson
    Naiqama
    Percival
    Grace
    Welsby
    Dodd
    Walmsley
    Roby
    Lees
    Batchelor
    Matautia
    Knowles

Lomax
    LMS
    Paasi
    Amor

I imagine Lomax will start though.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

I can see LMS starting with Lees on the bench. I would say Thompson over Amor on the bench.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Got A Replica Shirt

I really hope Dodd isn’t the one who loses out to make room for Lomax.

For some reason I’m a bit concerned he’ll go with Lomax at 6 with Welsby at 7.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ant84 View Post
    I really hope Dodd isn’t the one who loses out to make room for Lomax.

For some reason I’m a bit concerned he’ll go with Lomax at 6 with Welsby at 7.
    All our plays for the last 6 weeks have been built around Dodd at 7, Woolf won’t change that.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    All our plays for the last 6 weeks have been built around Dodd at 7, Woolf won’t change that.
    Not convinced at this stage what he will do.

Welsby has to start for me, he's our best attacker at the moment. It's a real dilemma of a decision the half back selection.

I think the rest pretty much picks itself. I suspect Amor will get the final bench spot over Thompson and Wingfield. Davies and Smith the other 2 to miss out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

Think we’ll go Thompson on the bench. I think Amor has played well of late so he’d be unlucky to miss out but I can’t see us going with three props on the bench.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was close this one. There seemed to be quite a bit of bias for the Yorkshire teams towards the end of the regular season. Probably because they are all so bad that everyone in Yorkshire is going watching the Leeds football team again instead of rugby league

St Helens are in a different league from Leeds so there’s no way it should be anything other than a comfortable win but we will see

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if it was close this one. There seemed to be quite a bit of bias for the Yorkshire teams towards the end of the regular season. Probably because they are all so bad that everyone in Yorkshire is going watching the Leeds football team again instead of rugby league

St Helens are in a different league from Leeds so there’s no way it should be anything other than a comfortable win but we will see
    You need to speak with your water provider. It’s definitely been laced with something.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club