Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Final Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    I think people just want consistency. Paasi was banned for two games for a tackle that I'm not even convinced was that bad. Cooper's looked just as bad if not worse to me.
    I understand. I've given up completely on the disciplinary hearings to be honest. If I had to bet on it, I reckon he will get 2 games. But we will see.

If we come out and play at our very best and it's a quick game, I think we will just have enough. But if we don't, they'll have us. Our forwards really need to turn up. Every one of them

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Need a big first 25 Saints. We have to do everything we can to make the game quick. And we cannot give Williams space because he is capable of pulling a rabbit out of his backside given half a chance
    We gave a big 30 mins at Wembley but panicked when we did not score, we are a different animal now, patient along with flair from the young halves, we will do Wire if they get past KR.
    I agree with RD, Wigan are ticking over and have a knack of hanging in I am more worried by them than Wire.
    Copper is a class player, I think he went vegetarian but lost too much weight so elected to change to pescatarian he has one of the best engines of all SL forwards.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I understand. I've given up completely on the disciplinary hearings to be honest. If I had to bet on it, I reckon he will get 2 games. But we will see.

If we come out and play at our very best and it's a quick game, I think we will just have enough. But if we don't, they'll have us. Our forwards really need to turn up. Every one of them
    What would really be a big concern is the ferocity of the way Passi tackles at times, may well be a completely legal tackle but if the opposition go down injured as though they have been pole axed the referee will assume its a reckless tackle and the yellow card comes out. We.ve got other players like Knowles and Lees who can do similar tackles, its as though our defence is too hard and the opposition play the injury card to get on the favourable right side of a 50:50 call.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I'm with you on this. They do have us sussed in the bigger games & their forwards really turn it up a couple of notches & play very well.

I think RD has a point. The lads and lasses I go to games with are nervous about playing Wire in a semi final at Saints (I'd be a lot more confident going to the HJ). Plus, the outcry to see Cooper banned is a bit much. Tough competitor, but not a dirty player. Certainly an important player for them as he's quality.

Having said all that, I do believe we can beat them but it will be very, very tough. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did beat us. Like it or not, they're a good team. But so are we.

Forget Hull KR turning them over, Wire will win that. Won't be easy but they'll win by 12-16 I think
    Yeh i hope I’m wrong mate. As i say, technically they are no better than us. The trophy cabinet would suggest we’re far better but all that goes out the window when we play them. We have had bad luck in some games. The Hicks/Knowles Wembley try, the terrible video ref decision that robbed Peyroux of a fair try in the 2016 play off, Percivals injury and terrible refereeing performance in last years cup semi. But ultimately we lost. Once you get the mental edge on another team it becomes difficult to lose. In the mid 00’s we won games against Warrington that we never should have but we found a way. It was the same when we played Bradford in those days. In some of those games everything pointed to a defeat but we won.

I’m not writing us off if we play Warrington in two weeks. Theres just as much chance we go out and paste them if we play to our best.

One other point, i think the spectators make a huge difference in these games. When we go to the HJ our travelling fans really get behind the team. We need a solid 80 minutes of chanting from our fans in the semi. The players feed off that energy. The minute Warrington score and our fans go quiet, that rubs off on the players.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    We gave a big 30 mins at Wembley but panicked when we did not score, we are a different animal now, patient along with flair from the young halves, we will do Wire if they get past KR.
    I agree with RD, Wigan are ticking over and have a knack of hanging in I am more worried by them than Wire.
    Copper is a class player, I think he went vegetarian but lost too much weight so elected to change to pescatarian he has one of the best engines of all SL forwards.
    I hope you're right TT. Wigan seemed to have toughened up defensively very quickly.

I think they'll beat Leeds but I couldn't see them winning in Perpignan

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yeh i hope I’m wrong mate. As i say, technically they are no better than us. The trophy cabinet would suggest we’re far better but all that goes out the window when we play them. We have had bad luck in some games. The Hicks/Knowles Wembley try, the terrible video ref decision that robbed Peyroux of a fair try in the 2016 play off, Percivals injury and terrible refereeing performance in last years cup semi. But ultimately we lost. Once you get the mental edge on another team it becomes difficult to lose. In the mid 00’s we won games against Warrington that we never should have but we found a way. It was the same when we played Bradford in those days. In some of those games everything pointed to a defeat but we won.

I’m not writing us off if we play Warrington in two weeks. Theres just as much chance we go out and paste them if we play to our best.

One other point, i think the spectators make a huge difference in these games. When we go to the HJ our travelling fans really get behind the team. We need a solid 80 minutes of chanting from our fans in the semi. The players feed off that energy. The minute Warrington score and our fans go quiet, that rubs off on the players.
    That's exactly it. Crowd can go flat quickly at Langtree

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    What would really be a big concern is the ferocity of the way Passi tackles at times, may well be a completely legal tackle but if the opposition go down injured as though they have been pole axed the referee will assume its a reckless tackle and the yellow card comes out. We.ve got other players like Knowles and Lees who can do similar tackles, its as though our defence is too hard and the opposition play the injury card to get on the favourable right side of a 50:50 call.
    I know what you mean. We might find it a very cagey opening 20.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

What I think can happen, if you have that slight doubt in your mind about the way a game can go, sitting out 2 weeks doesn’t help. It festers. At this time, all done Saints can think about is the what if in 2 weeks time. Wire have no thoughts about anyone but Hull KR at home in a few days.
    It’s like having a seed planted in the head, worrying or debating if you can beat wire in a big game, wishing the game was at the HJ, hoping Cooper will get 2 games….they fester, not everyone,
    I don’t mean this just particular to Saints, but all of us.

It makes you question wether the revised week off is actually doing more syco hindering than if you were playing wire next week.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

It’s fans talk.I bet the players can’t wait for the game.Remind me again how many time recently have Warrington lost the qualifier.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    What I think can happen, if you have that slight doubt in your mind about the way a game can go, sitting out 2 weeks doesn’t help. It festers. At this time, all done Saints can think about is the what if in 2 weeks time. Wire have no thoughts about anyone but Hull KR at home in a few days.
    It’s like having a seed planted in the head, worrying or debating if you can beat wire in a big game, wishing the game was at the HJ, hoping Cooper will get 2 games….they fester, not everyone,

It makes you question wether the revised week off is actually doing more syco hindering than if you were playing wire next week.
    Saints have been in too many finals to think that way the only difficult mindset we had was when we played Leeds in a grand final. We had 2 weeks off last year and beat Catalans 48-2 that wasn't a hinderance at all. The Cooper situation is all about consistencey with the disciplinary and not whether he plays in the semi final against us, we don't even know if you will get to a semi final yet.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Saints have been in too many finals to think that way the only difficult mindset we had was when we played Leeds in a grand final. We had 2 weeks off last year and beat Catalans 48-2 that wasn't a hinderance at all. The Cooper situation is all about consistencey with the disciplinary and not whether he plays in the semi final against us, we don't even know if you will get to a semi final yet.
    I think the only thing in our heads against Warrington will be that we need to come out firing and beat them, and I don't doubt we will do it. With regard to Cooper, I don't think he is a dirty player at all and is one of the better props in SL, but if you get a tackle wrong it doesn't matter whether you are dirty or not. As we know, you have to pay the price, or should have to.

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

If we play you at this time of year do not waste your money on a ticket buy some tissues

Learning All The Songs

You genuinely think the Saints players are giving any thoughts to whether or not Cooper gets a ban? Almost as stupid as some of the conspiracy theory nonsense on here atm

Starting A Programme Collection

Who cares about Warrington they are nothing but a money club ,Wigan are our rivals always will be.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by cheify View Post
    Who cares about Warrington they are nothing but a money club ,Wigan are our rivals always will be.
    There’s more to RL than a 2 team league.
    Beat Wire in a semi or final and I’ll bow down to your delusion.

Right I've tried to be reasonable but to suggest that you're a massive club and bigger than Saints or Wigan because you've beat us in a few big games recently is utter drivel.

If you seriously think that our rivalry with you is as big as Wigan or Leeds then I honestly give up.

Why do you feel the need to come on here and tell us all what a massive club Warrington are? You're a bit of an attention seeker. Bit like your club as a whole really

In The South Stand

It's fun seeing you talk about delusion given you frequently claim Warrington will go the season unbeaten.

Delusional.

You’re so full of $hit even the other Wire fans on RLFANS think so. Whilst you are spouting this mumbo-jumbo about having some kind of hoodoo over us for the last 3 years St Helens have won a LLS, B2B GF’s and a CC. That’s exactly 2 GF’s more than you’ve won since the start of the 2018 season…… we can’t beat you in a “Big Game” because Wire haven’t got to any “Big Games” against us (apart from one CC that you won in 2019 of course….)

The “WeBeatTheChampions” cup DOESN'T EXIST, it’s a figment of your imagination…..
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

it goes back decades since we won the big one.
    ftfy
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Meanwhile down in the Sankey valley the duck family prepare for the play off series

https://youtu.be/35nh7qkPYXo

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Delusional.

You’re so full of $hit even the other Wire fans on RLFANS think so. Whilst you are spouting this mumbo-jumbo about having some kind of hoodoo over us for the last 3 years St Helens have won a LLS, B2B GF’s and a CC. That’s exactly 2 GF’s more than you’ve won since the start of the 2018 season…… we can’t beat you in a “Big Game” because Wire haven’t got to any “Big Games” against us (apart from one CC that you won in 2019 of course….)

The “WeBeatTheChampions” cup DOESN'T EXIST, it’s a figment of your imagination…..
    I wish I could have put that into words.

Starting A Programme Collection

I have enjoyed watching KR come on this year and like the brand of rugby they play when they are on it . I would like to see them progress for that reason however, I want us to play wire . They have the upper hand in knockout games and that need correcting . They don’t deserve to be playing in a final before us based on performance so it’s time to make sure it don’t happen . Wigan and Leeds will be tight , both are very average and both will get slaughtered!

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Delusional.

BEST post of 2021...............................

This comment is a little off topic but this will be another year when we are not involved in the playoffs until very late on.

On Friday 1st October when we play our home semi. Three teams will be eliminated and we will know our opponent and the team that has already made the final. It makes you feel a bit detached from it all for now.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    This comment is a little off topic but this will be another year when we are not involved in the playoffs until very late on.

On Friday 1st October when we play our home semi. Three teams will be eliminated and we will know our opponent and the team that has already made the final. It makes you feel a bit detached from it all for now.
    Better than being Warrington.