Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Final Tickets

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Default Grand Final Tickets

Now I know there’s a semi final to be won first but it’s been announced that if we do win our semi Saints fans will have the West Stand (Stretford End) if anyone is looking to get tickets early.

https://www.superleague.co.uk/articl...Bc9X0cOszg4MII
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Now I know there’s a semi final to be won first but it’s been announced that if we do win our semi Saints fans will have the West Stand (Stretford End) if anyone is looking to get tickets early.

DON'T ANYONE DARE do not jinx

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Delete the thread.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Noooobie

Did think about it.

But the seats behind the sticks have been greyed out and must only b eavailable through the successful club.

If Catalans make it they will be on Groupon.

2 for 1
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

I noticed a lot of seats in the saints end have already gone. Some very optimistic fans or a lot of Wire supporting us or vice versa

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    I noticed a lot of seats in the saints end have already gone. Some very optimistic fans or a lot of Wire supporting us or vice versa
    The ones that are greyed out won’t have gone. They’ll be kept behind to give to the finalists. Not all seats will be for sale yet.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post

Lol. If Saints ever win a big game against Wire. The cries of Cooper to get a 3 game ban is deafening on social media. Running scared already?

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

If you resort to Social Media for your posts then you became Champions when you beat us in June at Saints. So when we won the title Champions title back off you at your place in August, was that not a big game.
    I know it wasn't by the way but you can't have it all ways. By the way if you got to more Grand Finals then we would have the opportunity to win more big games.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    If you resort to Social Media for your posts then you became Champions when you beat us in June at Saints. So when we won the title Champions title back off you at your place in August, was that not a big game.
    I know it wasn't by the way but you can't have it all ways. By the way if you got to more Grand Finals then we would have the opportunity to win more big games.
    I’d really love to play Saints in more big games, especially as Wire keep winning them, the problem we both face is the stamina of Wigan, so long as they have an engine, there’s only ever going to be room in a final for one of us. The Gods have one again cleared a safe route through for them regardless of their finishing position, while we’re in the route of death.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    I’d really love to play Saints in more big games, especially as Wire keep winning them, the problem we both face is the stamina of Wigan, so long as they have an engine, there’s only ever going to be room in a final for one of us. The Gods have one again cleared a safe route through for them regardless of their finishing position, while we’re in the route of death.
    After our performance against Leeds and yours against a Cas, only one of us on a route of death.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    After our performance against Leeds and yours against a Cas, only one of us on a route of death.
    Well it’s fortunate that neither of us are playing Leeds and Cas in our route then.

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

We are already in the semi it’s you that have a route to get passed Hull KR

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Lol. If Saints ever win a big game against Wire. The cries of Cooper to get a 3 game ban is deafening on social media. Running scared already?
    The tide will turn at some point Duckie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    The tide will turn at some point Duckie.

The daft thing is, this whole 'Warrington beat Saints in big games' bollocks has built from 3 'big games'.

One was during the Cunningham era when Wire won the hubcap and we just scraped into the play-offs.

One was Holbrook's first full season in the play-offs and we were running on fumes, with Barba's head already back in Oz

One was the CCF when Hicks should have been wearing a yellow and blue jersey.

After years of them never being able to beat us and becoming increasingly desperate not to be our rabbits, I guess it's inevitable that their fans will crow about and big-up any little victory over us, even if they do subsequently always bottle the GF because they've already had their final against us.

I'd love to get them in the semi this year and tear them a new one, just to shut the no-marks up.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The daft thing is, this whole 'Warrington beat Saints in big games' bollocks has built from 3 'big games'.

One was during the Cunningham era when Wire won the hubcap and we just scraped into the play-offs.

One was Holbrook's first full season in the play-offs and we were running on fumes, with Barba's head already back in Oz

After years of them never being able to beat us and becoming increasingly desperate not to be our rabbits, I guess it's inevitable that their fans will crow about and big-up any little victory over us, even if they do subsequently always bottle the GF because they've already had their final against us.

I'd love to get them in the semi this year and tear them a new one, just to shut the no-marks up.
    Thats about it, a couple of wins after years of heartache. Every game against us is a GF for them.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Thats about it, a couple of wins after years of heartache. Every game against us is a GF for them.
    It goes back decades.

Got A Season Ticket

Social media? Running scared? Who does that remind me of? Lol indeed sad act.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Plus the 2012 play offs. We beat them in week 1 at the HJ, then they pasted us at Langtree 2 weeks later when it mattered.
    Last years cup semi final too. When Percival went off injured.

Just saying

It may be a stretch going back as far as 2012, but the point I’m making is that we haven’t beaten them in a game that’s mattered in over 10 years .
    IIRC the last time we beat them in a knockout game was the 2010 play offs at Knowsley road.

I hope we beat them in the play offs but I’m not super confident. We are a better team than them but they seem to find something extra when they play against us. Similar to how we always had the measure of them from 1995-2010. Once they got that monkey off their back by beating us in 2011 it seemed to be a complete role reversal.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

It goes back decades.
    Decades?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

This is the one last challenge Woolf needs to overcome, our recent coaches have really struggled to beat Dire in knock out games. It's amost guaranteed that Dire will slow things down with injuries if they get one score ahead in the second half. For the sake of producing a good open game we need to get Dire chasing the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Plus the 2012 play offs. We beat them in week 1 at the HJ, then they pasted us at Langtree 2 weeks later when it mattered.
    Last years cup semi final too. When Percival went off injured.

Just saying

It may be a stretch going back as far as 2012, but the point I’m making is that we haven’t beaten them in a game that’s mattered in over 10 years .
    IIRC the last time we beat them in a knockout game was the 2010 play offs at Knowsley road.

I hope we beat them in the play offs but I’m not super confident. We are a better team than them but they seem to find something extra when they play against us. Similar to how we always had the measure of them from 1995-2010. Once they got that monkey off their back by beating us in 2011 it seemed to be a complete role reversal.
    I'm with you on this. They do have us sussed in the bigger games & their forwards really turn it up a couple of notches & play very well.

I think RD has a point. The lads and lasses I go to games with are nervous about playing Wire in a semi final at Saints (I'd be a lot more confident going to the HJ). Plus, the outcry to see Cooper banned is a bit much. Tough competitor, but not a dirty player. Certainly an important player for them as he's quality.

Having said all that, I do believe we can beat them but it will be very, very tough. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did beat us. Like it or not, they're a good team. But so are we.

Forget Hull KR turning them over, Wire will win that. Won't be easy but they'll win by 12-16 I think

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

It goes back decades.
    80-0 and 72-2 was decades ago. The only time Dire would have winning margins like that would be in a Rugby League Video Game.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 19th September 2021 at 09:47.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    This is the one last challenge Woolf needs to overcome, our recent coaches have really struggled to beat Dire in knock out games. It's amost guaranteed that Dire will slow things down with injuries if they get one score ahead in the second half. For the sake of producing a good open game we need to get Dire chasing the scoreboard.
    Need a big first 25 Saints. We have to do everything we can to make the game quick. And we cannot give Williams space because he is capable of pulling a rabbit out of his backside given half a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Plus, the outcry to see Cooper banned is a bit much. Tough competitor, but not a dirty player. Certainly an important player for them as he's quality.
    I think people just want consistency. Paasi was banned for two games for a tackle that I'm not even convinced was that bad. Cooper's looked just as bad if not worse to me as it's clear where the contact happened.