Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 20 man squad v Salford

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EddieVonEagle View Post
    https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...shall-21636463

12 months isn't a long time for a head coach of a club that has been losing their best players for a couple of years, seems a bit harsh.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Madness

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    That, I'm sorry to say must be incorrect. Dodd made lots of tackles during the game, as he does every game, he gets picked out due to his size, he did his share as always.
    If you call flopping on when someone else done the hard work fair enough . For me he is too lightweight .

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    If you call flopping on when someone else done the hard work fair enough . For me he is too lightweight .
    You really don't like Dodd do you ? He makes plenty of proper tackles if you care to take your blinkers off. On another thread you say he will be targeted, which is it ? He either makes the tackle as he's targeted or, he comes in late & flops on, you can't have it both ways. Or, maybe you can if you don't watch the game properly and only see what you want to see.
    I agree, he could do with maybe an extra half to a stone, but he's a young scrum half not a prop. I'm sure he will fill out as Welsby has done.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    You really don't like Dodd do you ? He makes plenty of proper tackles if you care to take your blinkers off. On another thread you say he will be targeted, which is it ? He either makes the tackle as he's targeted or, he comes in late & flops on, you can't have it both ways. Or, maybe you can if you don't watch the game properly and only see what you want to see.
    I agree, he could do with maybe an extra half to a stone, but he's a young scrum half not a prop. I'm sure he will fill out as Welsby has done.
    I 100% agree with you but would like to add that, with hindsight, Woolf was right to give him game time at hooker because it has developed his defence. He’s not afraid to defend and happily takes on the line. Like Welsby, he’s quick thinking and quick to react, and the two of them must be the best prospects we’ve had for a long time.

Time will tell how he stands up against Warrington (assuming Hull KR don’t surprise us) but I’m sure he’s part of the future.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suttoner View Post
    i 100% agree with you but would like to add that, with hindsight, woolf was right to give him game time at hooker because it has developed his defence. He’s not afraid to defend and happily takes on the line. Like welsby, he’s quick thinking and quick to react, and the two of them must be the best prospects we’ve had for a long time.

Time will tell how he stands up against warrington (assuming hull kr don’t surprise us) but i’m sure he’s part of the future.
    x2