Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team to pick V's Salford

Learning All The Songs

Default Team to pick V's Salford

Where is everyone's opinion on what team to play v's Salford this week.

For me i would not risk anyone who is 100% going to play in the Playoff match, Rest everyone play our kids and have 2 weeks off.

Catalan rested loads at the weekend so they are having 3 weeks off. I know you can't just switch form on/off but our lads have not had a rest all season.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post

For me i would not risk anyone who is 100% going to play in the Playoff match, Rest everyone play our kids and have 2 weeks off.

Catalan rested loads at the weekend so they are having 3 weeks off. I know you can't just switch form on/off but our lads have not had a rest all season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

3 weeks is too long of a break going into a semi final imo. Rest anyone who is carrying knocks, everyone else plays. Maybe play Roby half a game giving Smith the other half of the game.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Send the kids All the kids

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

That would be a 3week rest.
    It took that long for me to write you beat me to it

Rest Walmsley, Roby or only give them limited minutes, the likes of Percival and Makinson and anyone else carrying niggles, just don't play Welsby, he is so essential, to be fair they did have two weeks off after Wembley, there is a good interval between now and the semi final, and I'm sure they want to keep the momentum up especially after showing what happens when you take the foot of the pedal in the Catalan match, possibly Lomax and LMS play if fit to prove that they are match fit

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    3 weeks is too long of a break going into a semi final imo. Rest anyone who is carrying knocks, everyone else plays. Maybe play Roby half a game giving Smith the other half of the game.
    After the Leeds game Woolf more or less emphasised the need for game time and said they’d only rest players carrying knocks. Quite a few players suffered injuries of one sort or another in that game so a few may be rested. I wonder whether LMS will be ready?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    So you would risk say Coote rolling his ankle or Walmsley pulling a hamstring???

Not worth the risk with only possible 2 games to go for me.

We don't really know who has knocks etc but I'd be tempted to rest anyone we simply cannot afford to lose so that's probably Walmsley. Quite a few people thought T Mak had an injury Friday.

Coote
    Kev
    Simm
    Percival
    Grace
    Dodd
    Welsby
    Amor
    Smith
    Lees
    Thompson
    Batchelor
    Knowles

Roby
    Norman
    LMS (Needs a game but obviously fitness pending)
    Lomax (if he's fit)

Is what I'd do.

He went full strength at Wakefield as week before the CC final so I think it'll be close to the same here.

Edited - Knowles probably falls into the category of cannot afford to lose as well so maybe give him a rest?

I think we should play the strongest team we can for the circumstances, ensuring anyone with a niggle or knock is rested or given restricted minutes- the game effectively means little to either side but I suppose for Salford it’s the end of their season and they may want to finish on a high by beating us- it’s not worth risking injuries where they can be avoided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Would like to see Norman get a run out in his last potential match of the season.
    Also would rest either Percival or Makinson. Both took a couple of knocks last match.

1. Coote
    2. Makinson
    3. Naiqama
    4. Simm
    5. Grace
    6. Welsby
    7. Dodd
    8. Walmsley
    9. Roby
    10. Lees
    11. Batchelor
    12. Thompson
    13. Knowles

Bench: Smith, Wingfield, Norman, LMS (if fit, if not Amor)

If Lomax is fit then Naiqama to wing in place of Makinson, Welsby centre and Lomax at 6.

Banned

So you would risk say Coote rolling his ankle or Walmsley pulling a hamstring???

Not worth the risk with only possible 2 games to go for me.

I agree.

Percival & Mata'utia will definitely be out (as well as the longer-term injuries plus Paasi). Rest Walmsley, Makinson, Coote, Roby, perhaps even Knowles

Play something like:

Nisbett
    Rizzelli
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace

Welsby
    Dodd

Amor
    Smith
    Lees
    Batchelor
    Thomson
    Knowles/Wingfield

LMS
    Norman
    Wingfield/Royle
    Eaves

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I agree.

Percival & Mata'utia will definitely be out (as well as the longer-term injuries plus Paasi). Rest Walmsley, Makinson, Coote, Roby, perhaps even Knowles

Play something like:

Nisbett
    Rizzelli
    Naiqama
    Simm
    Grace

Welsby
    Dodd

Amor
    Smith
    Lees
    Batchelor
    Thomson
    Knowles/Wingfield

LMS
    Norman
    Wingfield/Royle
    Eaves
    To big a risk with some of those players for me the game is for nothing so rest everyone. If Morgan got a 1 match ban for instance were knackered? We want a full strength team to play likely Wire at home?

In The South Stand

This idea that you turn to jelly if you don't play once a week is an interesting one.

It might have some grounds if the whole team does that, but we can certainly rest the key players for this game. I'd say no Coote, Percival, Dodd, Roby, Walmsley and Knowles.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    This idea that you turn to jelly if you don't play once a week is an interesting one.

It might have some grounds if the whole team does that, but we can certainly rest the key players for this game. I'd say no Coote, Percival, Dodd, Roby, Walmsley and Knowles.
    I think you’ve missed Welsby, he’s pretty key. I doubt whether Percival will play because he took one hell of a knock.

I agree no need to risk any of the big hitters or those who have had injurt issues in the past, I'd add tommy mack to the list I think he is carrying a knock to

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    I agree no need to risk any of the big hitters or those who have had injurt issues in the past, I'd add tommy mack to the list I think he is carrying a knock to
    Do we have back ups for Lee's and Regan and even Bachelor?

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

For me, play the strongest team and rest players carrying knocks. No point taking the foot off the peddle this close to the end of the season. Week off then back at it.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I wouldn't give the disciplinary panel any chance of preventing any of our key players playing in the semi let alone run the risk of injury.
    If Norman doesn't get into the 17 this week, I doubt he ever will
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

It's a case of getting the balance right between momentum and exhaustion. I would rest whoever has a bit of a knock and try the give the rest of the first choice 13 40 mins.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

The obvious ones to rest with decent cover would be Percival and Roby, then you could possibly include Makinson. In the pack with Passi, Bentley, Matautia and Foster unavailable we don't have much cover from the Academy so we really are having to use the whole first team squad availabilty, perhaps put Walmsley on the bench with reduced minutes. IF Woolf decides to give Walmsley a rest then he has to give Norman a game.

So for me, rest Percival, Roby, Makinson and Walmsley with Lomax on the bench to allow Coote to be subbed with Welsby going to Full Back later in the game.

Coote one match ban for sliding into Dwyer when he scored with his knees I think it is.

So that rules him out.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Coote one match ban for sliding into Dwyer when he scored with his knees I think it is.

So that rules him out.
    That simplifies things, especially if Lomax is fit - he can either play at FB or Welsby can. Personally I'd prefer to leave Dodd and Welsby together, though if Lomax is likely to play at 6 in the play offs, then I suppose it's more logical to let him and Dodd have the Salford game together.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    It's a case of getting the balance right between momentum and exhaustion. I would rest whoever has a bit of a knock and try the give the rest of the first choice 13 40 mins.
    With Coote's ban arriving we are going to be significantly under strength anyway. I'm now firmly in the rest them all camp.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

With Coote's ban arriving we are going to be significantly under strength anyway. I'm now firmly in the rest them all camp.
    I thik we just have to trust the coaching staff. At the end of the day, for us it's a nothing game.