Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Walmsley Not Good Enough

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Default Alex Walmsley Not Good Enough

I don't know if its the fault of Alex himself or maybe he didn't get enough ball from his team mates. But all the leeds forwards managed to beat Alex in distance covered over the ground by 20 metres.

Holroyd.....Dwyer.....Prior.....Walters.....O'Conn or.....Martin.....Smith.....Johnson............Grand Total. 295 metres

Walmsley.......................................... .................................................. ................Grand Total. 275 metres..

He did make 13 tackle busts though and the Leeds forwards could only muster 8 tackle busts.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't know if its the fault of Alex himself or maybe he didn't get enough ball from his team mates. But all the leeds forwards managed to beat Alex in distance covered over the ground by 20 metres.

Holroyd.....Dwyer.....Prior.....Walters.....O'Conn or.....Martin.....Smith.....Johnson............Grand Total. 295 metres

:

That puts an awesome display into context.

Walmsley.......................................... .................................................. ................Grand Total. 275 metres..

He did make 13 tackle busts though and the Leeds forwards could only muster 8 tackle busts.

Starting A Programme Collection

Bring back Josh Perry! the only memorable thing he did in St Helens was in Prescot Road, just goes to show that there are sometimes good prospects in the lower divisions of our league without going for players who can't get a new contract in Australia, it's time to give Norman a proper run out in the team against Salford to see if he can be one of them

The Leeds fans on their forum don't seem to rate him.

I think their fall from the top has hit them pretty hard but I've often thought that they have a fairly large proportion who haven't a clue what they're on about

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

I think their fall from the top has hit them pretty hard but I've often thought that they have a fairly large proportion who haven't a clue what they're on about
    I lived in Leeds for years. They have a core set of knowledgeable fans and a hell of a lot who flick between football and rugby whoever is doing better!

To be fair on Leeds, they had the literal “golden generation” over a few years who swept all before them for years.

McDermott/Peacock/iestyn Harris/Sinfield/leUlui/McGuire//JJB/Burrow/Atkins/Hardaker/Hall/Briscoe

Must be hard to accept some of the crap they have now by comparison

Saints have had 2 golden generations by comparison.
    Last edited by RJM25R; 11th September 2021 at 22:58.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I live near Leeds and a lot of my mates are Rhinos fans. They are all the same, when they win they’re the best thing since sliced bread, when they lose they can’t give any credit to the opposition.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I live near Leeds and a lot of my mates are Rhinos fans. They are all the same, when they win they’re the best thing since sliced bread, when they lose they can’t give any credit to the opposition.
    Just like the Sky muppets then

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post

It seems that way. Walmsley has trampled all over their pack on his own but is a flat track bully? OK then

It seems that way. Walmsley has trampled all over their pack on his own but is a flat track bully? OK then

…. And he’s been doing it since 2018!
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

I wonder if thats what they thought (flat track bully) when they tried to sign him on the cheap, John Kear mentioned Saints saw and discussed in a professional manner when signing Alex. Leeds fans have realised they have missed one of the best signings from the championship.

I wonder if thats what they thought (flat track bully) when they tried to sign him on the cheap, John Kear mentioned Saints saw and discussed in a professional manner when signing Alex. Leeds fans have realised they have missed one of the best signings from the championship.
    Yep. Could well be. I'm not for one second suggesting he's as good as Peacock or Luleuai were. They were 2 of the best props I've ever seen but he is the best prop in S.L.

Learning All The Songs

Well it was Leeds who prepared the flat track.

Banned

Yep. Could well be. I'm not for one second suggesting he's as good as Peacock or Luleuai were. They were 2 of the best props I've ever seen but he is the best prop in S.L.

Peacock was one of the best all-round props in the history of SL. Leuluai wouldn't get in my top 10. Good player, but I think you're being too gushing.

If I were picking an all-time SL 17, Walmsley would 100% be one on the 4 props (probably on the bench - my 4 would probably be Graham & Peacock starting with Walmsley and probably Morley on the bench... although even though he only played one season Dave Fairlegh must be in the reckoning for me as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Peacock was one of the best all-round props in the history of SL. Leuluai wouldn't get in my top 10. Good player, but I think you're being too gushing.

If I were picking an all-time SL 17, Walmsley would 100% be one on the 4 props (probably on the bench - my 4 would probably be Graham & Peacock starting with Walmsley and probably Morley on the bench... although even though he only played one season Dave Fairlegh must be in the reckoning for me as well)

I would go with the same 4. Hard to pick between Peacock and Jammer for the best.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I would go with the same 4. Hard to pick between Peacock and Jammer for the best.
    Think some consideration would be needed for Stuart Fielden from his late Bradford days. Unplayable at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Think some consideration would be needed for Stuart Fielden from his late Bradford days. Unplayable at times.
    I'd forgotten him. Really fell away at Wigan, but was good for Bradford and for GB.

Was Sam Burgess playing prop in his last season with the Bulls.

Banned

Was Sam Burgess playing prop in his last season with the Bulls.
    I'd only judge on their performances for SL teams, not in other countries.

I thought about Fielden, and he'd deffo be not far off (I'd definitely put him behind Peacock & Graham, though - and Walmsley would be the impact prop... for that role, he is peerless)

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Fair enough pal.

I really rated Luleuai myself. Thought he was a top prop at leeds

Learning All The Songs

Barry Ward needs a special mention IMO underrated.

Jason Cayless needs a mention & Fozzard

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I'd forgotten him. Really fell away at Wigan, but was good for Bradford and for GB.
    He fell away in Oz when Willie mason gave him a slap

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Barry Ward needs a special mention IMO underrated.

Jason Cayless needs a mention & Fozzard
    Barry Ward, are you sure this the correct Ward you refer to?

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Bring back Josh Perry! the only memorable thing he did in St Helens was in Prescot Road, just goes to show that there are sometimes good prospects in the lower divisions of our league without going for players who can't get a new contract in Australia, it's time to give Norman a proper run out in the team against Salford to see if he can be one of them
    Bang on

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    He fell away in Oz when Willie mason gave him a slap
    Always seemed to have a bit of a glass jar after that. Good job Peacock was there that day.