Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Alex Walmsley Not Good Enough

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Default Alex Walmsley Not Good Enough

I don't know if its the fault of Alex himself or maybe he didn't get enough ball from his team mates. But all the leeds forwards managed to beat Alex in distance covered over the ground by 20 metres.

Holroyd.....Dwyer.....Prior.....Walters.....O'Conn or.....Martin.....Smith.....Johnson............Grand Total. 295 metres

Walmsley.......................................... .................................................. ................Grand Total. 275 metres..

He did make 13 tackle busts though and the Leeds forwards could only muster 8 tackle busts.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I don't know if its the fault of Alex himself or maybe he didn't get enough ball from his team mates. But all the leeds forwards managed to beat Alex in distance covered over the ground by 20 metres.

Holroyd.....Dwyer.....Prior.....Walters.....O'Conn or.....Martin.....Smith.....Johnson............Grand Total. 295 metres

:

That puts an awesome display into context.

Walmsley.......................................... .................................................. ................Grand Total. 275 metres..

He did make 13 tackle busts though and the Leeds forwards could only muster 8 tackle busts.

Starting A Programme Collection

Bring back Josh Perry! the only memorable thing he did in St Helens was in Prescot Road, just goes to show that there are sometimes good prospects in the lower divisions of our league without going for players who can't get a new contract in Australia, it's time to give Norman a proper run out in the team against Salford to see if he can be one of them

The Leeds fans on their forum don't seem to rate him.

I think their fall from the top has hit them pretty hard but I've often thought that they have a fairly large proportion who haven't a clue what they're on about

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

I think their fall from the top has hit them pretty hard but I've often thought that they have a fairly large proportion who haven't a clue what they're on about
    I lived in Leeds for years. They have a core set of knowledgeable fans and a hell of a lot who flick between football and rugby whoever is doing better!

To be fair on Leeds, they had the literal “golden generation” over a few years who swept all before them for years.

McDermott/Peacock/iestyn Harris/Sinfield/leUlui/McGuire//JJB/Burrow/Atkins/Hardaker/Hall/Briscoe

Must be hard to accept some of the crap they have now by comparison

Saints have had 2 golden generations by comparison.
    Last edited by RJM25R; 11th September 2021 at 22:58.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

I live near Leeds and a lot of my mates are Rhinos fans. They are all the same, when they win they’re the best thing since sliced bread, when they lose they can’t give any credit to the opposition.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    I live near Leeds and a lot of my mates are Rhinos fans. They are all the same, when they win they’re the best thing since sliced bread, when they lose they can’t give any credit to the opposition.
    Just like the Sky muppets then

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post

It seems that way. Walmsley has trampled all over their pack on his own but is a flat track bully? OK then

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Bring back Josh Perry! the only memorable thing he did in St Helens was in Prescot Road, just goes to show that there are sometimes good prospects in the lower divisions of our league without going for players who can't get a new contract in Australia, it's time to give Norman a proper run out in the team against Salford to see if he can be one of them
    Bang on