Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 20 man squad v Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Don't know what anyone else thought but Tommy seemed to be carrying an injury last night. He was holding his arm by his side for quite a while, but was still running it in hard.
    Looks like a bicep problem to me that rather than shoulder

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DewiSant View Post
    Yes, and I agree with all the points that others have made about the specifics of last night. Carney's comment just prompted me to wonder about why we never seem to blow anyone away these days.
    Its a defence orientated Superleague over the last 2 seasons with no scrums. We actually do blow teams away but we do it with our defence we keep the majority of teams to zero or one score. We did blow one team away in attack and defence beating the Catalans 48-2 in a play off semi final but that is few and far between for any team these days.

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Its a defence orientated Superleague over the last 2 seasons with no scrums. We actually do blow teams away but we do it with our defence we keep the majority of teams to zero or one score. We did blow one team away in attack and defence beating the Catalans 48-2 in a play off semi final but that is few and far between for any team these days.
    Yes, it is much harder these days, no doubt. But this season Both Wire and Catalans have managed a 60+ and a 50 as well as Catalans beating Wigan 48-0, and if they can manage it occasionally I think we should be able to. (Hopefully next season, with Dodd/Lomax/Welsby in full effect.)

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    It was Handley, not Newman, that chased Makinson.
    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Yes it was Handley and looked quicker, Newman was the best thing since sliced bread according to the SKY commentary last week. Last night he looked quite ordinary against a tough defence and got mauled at times.
    Yes it was Handley but Regan also showed him his squad number last year, Tommy looks injured maybe that foot and now this arm/shoulder problem have restricted his training he seemed to be lacking a bit of his usual zip on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    He was also obstructed by Kendal .
    who says the refs are against us, deffo penalty to Leeds that.