Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1234561222 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan

Starting A Programme Collection

I was really looking forward to the game last night and was hoping Leeds add to the problems which they did. At the time I was loving it , however I do feel a little uneasy with the state of our game . It was so poor last night , Leeds were rubbish and made it look like a national conference game . On top of that , Hicks was just blowing his whistle at random and making decisions as if he was reading the rules from a Chance card in monopoly . It was diabolical . The game is in a terrible state .

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    Has he gone yet? Surly he can’t keep his job
    Hope they give him a Pardew stype 8 year contract.

I was really looking forward to the game last night and was hoping Leeds add to the problems which they did. At the time I was loving it , however I do feel a little uneasy with the state of our game . It was so poor last night , Leeds were rubbish and made it look like a national conference game . On top of that , Hicks was just blowing his whistle at random and making decisions as if he was reading the rules from a Chance card in monopoly . It was diabolical . The game is in a terrible state .
    Agree with all that, it's perhaps the Covid rules that are affecting the quality of the games, but apart from the biff and bash of a Derby game, there is no intensity, the gamesmanship of the teams with feigning onfield injuries, the disrespect to the referees, I could go on and on, but we need a strong Wigan side together with Leeds, us and all the other leading sides to prevent the game going downhill fast, it's already a minority sport apart from the M62 corridor, I usually stop watching the games that don't interest me I.e unless they involve local rivals, as the quality is so poor and yet Sky continue to fantasize it as if the current game is a spectacular exhibition of sport, it's time to get real!

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Agree with all that, it's perhaps the Covid rules that are affecting the quality of the games, but apart from the biff and bash of a Derby game, there is no intensity, the gamesmanship of the teams with feigning onfield injuries, the disrespect to the referees, I could go on and on, but we need a strong Wigan side together with Leeds, us and all the other leading sides to prevent the game going downhill fast, it's already a minority sport apart from the M62 corridor, I usually stop watching the games that don't interest me I.e unless they involve local rivals, as the quality is so poor and yet Sky continue to fantasize it as if the current game is a spectacular exhibition of sport, it's time to get real!
    Me too.
    Th game as a whole has gone very stale for whatever reason, and maybe covid hasn't helped. Clubs playing the covid card, players feigning injury. I don't think the six again rule has worked as it should, teams are using it early in the tackle count knowing they can reset their defence and usually in their opponents 20 - 30 metre area.
    I don't like blaming referees, however they are inconstant and that's putting it politely.

Got A Season Ticket

Has he gone yet? Surly he can’t keep his job
    Surly or not, I hope he does keep his job.

Good chance they won't win another game all season the way their fixtures fall

what a losing run that would be!

Wigan have taken one of the most talented halves in the league and turned him into an identikit plodder, no wonder Williams didn’t want to come back.

I notice it’s not been mentioned by Rogues about the blatant shithousery from Isa among others and blatant 4 man flop/lie on/slowdowns that are also ruining the game as a spectacle.

I remember saying after the 2018 GF how bored I was watching anti-rugby and “the grind” but things haven’t changed, and after last night I’m genuinely worried.

Wigan/Leeds should be a “glamour” game, but I’ve seen more glamour in a piece of dog shit on the street.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Replica Shirt

The gift that keeps giving, I had Leeds to win by 11-15 thank you very much👍

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

After the performance against us I fancied Wigan to get the win last night. How wrong. They look absolutely broken. Weren’t they top of the table for the first 9 or 10 rounds?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

[QUOTE=RJM25R;831518]

I notice it’s not been mentioned by Rogues about the blatant shithousery from Isa among others and blatant 4 man flop/lie on/slowdowns that are also ruining the game as a spectacle.

I remember saying after the 2018 GF how bored I was watching anti-rugby and “the grind” but things haven’t changed, and after last night I’m genuinely worried.

Wigan/Leeds should be a “glamour” game, but I’ve seen more glamour in a piece of dog shit on the street.[/QUOTE

Under Maguire, they, along with Brown's Huddersfield, were one of the pioneers of finding ways to slow the PTB. The RFL had already relaxed the rules that enforced a quick clearing of the tackled man, and these two took advantage to stretch that. It's a big reason for how the game is so poor, boring and 'grind' these days.

But I bet that hypocritical tossbag Rogues idolises the Maguire era.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

The feigning injury to slow the game and give the defence a rest,I first saw it in the seventies or early eighties I guess it was.Leeds we’re the team that we’re doing it.I can’t remember other teams doing it but there may have been.

Banned

SeriousAboutRL reporting that Bateman's Aussie missus is 'homesick' and NRL are clubs are considering trying to take him back to the NRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    SeriousAboutRL reporting that Bateman's Aussie missus is 'homesick' and NRL are clubs are considering trying to take him back to the NRL.
    Which “missus” is this I wonder? He’s got form with this issue plus one of the reasons he came back here was because he was missing his daughter.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

We probably need him to stay more than Wigan do. I never thought I would be saying that before he came back.

In The South Stand

I take it there’s some jobs carrying the cones then? It can’t be to play, surely?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand

If you fancy a laugh, get on Wigan’s website and read the fans forum notes.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    If you fancy a laugh, get on Wigan’s website and read the fans forum notes.
    No surprise that they made sure the news about Lam was made official before they had to face the fans at the forum.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    No surprise that they made sure the news about Lam was made official before they had to face the fans at the forum.
    I’m a fan of them saying he did a good job because “they were thirty seconds from winning the Grand Final”. The Grand Final that was 4-4 when Welsby was sprinting up the posts. The one that would have otherwise ended 4-4. I suspect it would have been another moral victory. With maths like that, I wouldn’t want them doing my books.

They also claim they never break the salary cap. I must have missed the “admin error” that saw them docked two points for breaching the gap the other year before Pollard moaned to Elstone.

Bit of a blame game going on. Burgess was overweight, Edwards didn’t talk to them, moaning to the council about Wigan Athletic, Williams wanted more money than they could afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    I’m a fan of them saying he did a good job because “they were thirty seconds from winning the Grand Final”. The Grand Final that was 4-4 when Welsby was sprinting up the posts. The one that would have otherwise ended 4-4. I suspect it would have been another moral victory. With maths like that, I wouldn’t want them doing my books.

They also claim they never break the salary cap. I must have missed the “admin error” that saw them docked two points for breaching the gap the other year before Pollard moaned to Elstone.

Bit of a blame game going on. Burgess was overweight, Edwards didn’t talk to them, moaning to the council about Wigan Athletic, Williams wanted more money than they could afford.
    From the outside looking in, they're in the cart. Hope it continues indefinitely

Learning All The Songs

The New owners of Wigan Athletic have told Wigan RL the rents going up????? The stadium is turning blue and there is nothing they can do about it??

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2021/...he-first-hour/

Laugh or cry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    The New owners of Wigan Athletic have told Wigan RL the rents going up????? The stadium is turning blue and there is nothing they can do about it??

Laugh or cry

Rent boys rarely get to be the ones doing the riding.

Learning All The Songs

Laugh or cry
    But we will have to buy our own carpets.

Laugh or cry
    That is embarrassing, the Q&A session is unreal.

Got A Season Ticket

Hardaker back living in Cas apparently…
    Make of that what you will!

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    That is embarrassing, the Q&A session is unreal.
    Farcical