Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142030 ... LastLast

Thread: Wigan

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

It’s weird. Despite doing the 3peat and being massively proud of the club i feel like i could walk away from the game any time. The mrs tried talking to me about the England squad yesterday. I said ‘we won the final, i can relax now and completely shelve the sport for 5 months. I’m not interested’ .
    The standard of the league is terrible. I’m taking nowt away from the lads. But i honestly think that we’ve been the best team the last 3 years without really having to break a sweat. I enjoy us coming up against tough competition and being pushed but looking at the other 11 teams i just don’t see anyone stopping us winning again next year. For the sake of the sport i really hope the other clubs start to up their game.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

My Dad was a salesman back in the 60's and used to call in at Whelan's first shop in Wigan and DW used to call his Wife to get the kettle on and make me old dad a brew!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Eddington View Post
    Me too. I can't believe the weeks after us winning the 3peat, the most popular post on the forum is about Wigan.
    I come on here daily, as I have done for years in the hope of seeing some Saints news or info about new signings from the people in the know, but I feel the forum as sunken into the depths of social media, where people can't wait to criticise someone's posts.
    #Awaits criticism.
    No criticism but after the end to the season, winning both big trophies, we’ve already made big, big signings for next years onslaught, not enamoured with England vs France…… there’s not a lot to talk about regarding Saints!

New kit anyone?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    No criticism but after the end to the season, winning both big trophies, we’ve already made big, big signings for next years onslaught, not enamoured with England vs France…… there’s not a lot to talk about regarding Saints!

New kit anyone?
    #announcehurrell

That’ll give us plenty to argue about through to the new year

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    It’s weird. Despite doing the 3peat and being massively proud of the club i feel like i could walk away from the game any time. The mrs tried talking to me about the England squad yesterday. I said ‘we won the final, i can relax now and completely shelve the sport for 5 months. I’m not interested’ .
    The standard of the league is terrible. I’m taking nowt away from the lads. But i honestly think that we’ve been the best team the last 3 years without really having to break a sweat. I enjoy us coming up against tough competition and being pushed but looking at the other 11 teams i just don’t see anyone stopping us winning again next year. For the sake of the sport i really hope the other clubs start to up their game.

Fair. The club means a lot to me but for whatever reason, I'm perfectly comfortable with no RL for 5 months.

As for the England game, I really couldn't care less

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I agree the standard of Superleague has been poor especially the first half of this season and that includes our club as well. The RFL didn't help with the shape of our game being set up in a negative form, no scrums, set defences, fakiing injuries, ref inconsistency all contributing in a stop start game.

There is always a bit of after season malaise in social media, our achievements not recognised by opposition fans in favouring the so called new kids on the block in the Catalans. It doesn't look too promising for next year as teams don't look any stronger whilst Saints seem to have recruited a bit better in theory. Saints have something to play for in the four-peat which I can't ever see being equalled in the current climate.

For now after this weekend its doing things well away from rugby league for 3 months, I will be renewing my season ticket shortly as I will be getting to see most of the Saints Ladies home games for free next season

Interesting the lack of excitement for the England game, we need a strong international game to thrive yet fans in the heartlands of RL aren't really that bothered

I'm the same though, I said to my friends at the GF that if it wasn't for Saints I probably wouldn't watch Super League

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Interesting the lack of excitement for the England game, we need a strong international game to thrive yet fans in the heartlands of RL aren't really that bothered

I'm the same though, I said to my friends at the GF that if it wasn't for Saints I probably wouldn't watch Super League
    I will watch it, but it's hard to get enthused when half the team is missing and you believe it would be a mismatch if they weren't

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Is it on bbc? Or Our League?

Starting A Programme Collection Saintsaregods's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    Is it on bbc? Or Our League?
    BBC 2 for the women’s at 12:00, men’s on BBC 1 at 2:30pm.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saintsaregods View Post
    BBC 2 for the women’s at 12:00, men’s on BBC 1 at 2:30pm.
    Perfect

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Fair. The club means a lot to me but for whatever reason, I'm perfectly comfortable with no RL for 5 months.

As for the England game, I really couldn't care less
    Think you'll find it'll be considerably less than 5 months before next season gets under way.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Think you'll find it'll be considerably less than 5 months before next season gets under way.
    However long it is, each season, I get to the middle of October and I'm ready for a break, despite this season being shorter in 'attending game' terms.
    I was going to do the World Cup, but just can't get up for this one-off international.
    Happy to come on here though...and laugh at Wigan!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You're right. My bad

In The South Stand

I'm interested in the game if only to see a big, enthusiastic French crowd with the game there on the crest of a wave. Would be a great game to attend.

I hope we lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm perfectly comfortable with no RL for 5 months.
    I want the close season to last for ever!
    I work in the center of Wigan.
    I love sitting there, in my saints shirt, sipping tea from my saints mug and looking out the window to view a warrior shirt free zone
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
    Long may it continue

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    I'm interested in the game if only to see a big, enthusiastic French crowd with the game there on the crest of a wave. Would be a great game to attend.

I hope we lose!
    Can't quite understand your feeling, a side with a good proportion of Saints players in , and you want them to lose, a huge anti English feeling being whipped up by Macron and co., and you're supporting the "cheese eating surrender monkeys" I hope it's a good competitive game with no injuries particularly to the Saints contingent

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Can't quite understand your feeling, a side with a good proportion of Saints players in , and you want them to lose, a huge anti English feeling being whipped up by Macron and co., and you're supporting the "cheese eating surrender monkeys" I hope it's a good competitive game with no injuries particularly to the Saints contingent
    Are you assuming that FTV is English?

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I've got as much interest in this game as the Aussies had in the world cup.
    However, I hope both the men's team (especially) and the ladies absolutely stuff them......sick to death hearing how strong the French are, on the back of one season.
    There will be much discussion about the Dragons and the salary cap next year, mark my words.......
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    I've got as much interest in this game as the Aussies had in the world cup.
    However, I hope both the men's team (especially) and the ladies absolutely stuff them......sick to death hearing how strong the French are, on the back of one season.
    There will be much discussion about the Dragons and the salary cap next year, mark my words.......
    The strong French Catalan team of which only 5 of 17 were actually French.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Are you assuming that FTV is English?
    He did say he hopes “we” lose so he probably is

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    The strong French Catalan team of which only 5 of 17 were actually French.
    To be fair, they are starting to bring through a few good French young 'uns too
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    To be fair, they are starting to bring through a few good French young 'uns too
    Yes but with 12 French players between 34 Catalan and Toulouse grand final players the hype about the rise of French rugby is being massively overblown.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I'm hoping we see a close game. It is a weakened England side against possibly the best French side for a while. At this time France won't live with a full England side, but a strong French national team would be good for RL and particularly the Northern Hemisphere.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

delete = error
    Last edited by Roger Moore; 24th October 2021 at 10:47.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.