Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Lam

I am not surprised at the length of the ban but it would be interesting to see and hear the thinking of the panel. The members of the panel are below:

The complete list of panel members is as follows.

Judges
    HHJ Christopher Batty , HHJ Guy Kearl QC, Sean Smith, HHJ Roger Thomas QC , HHJ Sarah Wright

Sides
    Russell Bridge, Chris Chapman, Wilf George, Graeme Hallas, Jon Hamer, Alan Hunte, Adrian Morley, Leon Pryce, Andy Raleigh, Danny Sculthorpe, Neil Turley, Kathryn Vereycken, Gemma Walsh

When you look at the names, there are enough ex-players on there who know a deliberate attack when they see one vs an accidental high tackle or mis-timed tackle and it this that surprises me most of the time when players are charged with offences. In my opinion, Isa's actions in every case were deliberate yet the panel obviously didn't see it that way.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post
    I am not surprised at the length of the ban but it would be interesting to see and hear the thinking of the panel. The members of the panel are below:

Judges
    HHJ Christopher Batty , HHJ Guy Kearl QC, Sean Smith, HHJ Roger Thomas QC , HHJ Sarah Wright

Sides
    Russell Bridge, Chris Chapman, Wilf George, Graeme Hallas, Jon Hamer, Alan Hunte, Adrian Morley, Leon Pryce, Andy Raleigh, Danny Sculthorpe, Neil Turley, Kathryn Vereycken, Gemma Walsh

When you look at the names, there are enough ex-players on there who know a deliberate attack when they see one vs an accidental high tackle or mis-timed tackle and it this that surprises me most of the time when players are charged with offences. In my opinion, Isa's actions in every case were deliberate yet the panel obviously didn't see it that way.
    Someone mentioned a couple of days ago that the panel work off the report and don't watch the video. Ludicrous if true.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Someone mentioned a couple of days ago that the panel work off the report and don't watch the video. Ludicrous if true.
    Of course that isnt true
    Check out the explanation here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nWi5xRnno Rugby League Disciplinary Process Explained

Quote Originally Posted by st. etrigan View Post
    Of course that isnt true
    Check out the explanation here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nWi5xRnno Rugby League Disciplinary Process Explained
    Just watched that video. Unless I am mistaken they say a single member of the MRP looks at a whole game, and decides the grading of fouls. There was no mention of the disciplinary panel seeing the incidents. To me it seems a lot wrong with the process.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Laner View Post

Judges

Sides

His name is actually Wilf Ball

Got A Season Ticket

Just watched that video. Unless I am mistaken they say a single member of the MRP looks at a whole game, and decides the grading of fouls. There was no mention of the disciplinary panel seeing the incidents. To me it seems a lot wrong with the process.
    My understanding is that the match review panel view every game in its entirety (each game allocated to an individual member) they then compile a list of all of the incidents that they feel is worthy of a caution or a sanction, they also grade it (remember this is the match review panel) depending on what that grade is then the player will be provided the punishment for that foul. When the grade is given then they confer with the other members to confirm that there is an agreement.
    There is another panel (the appeals committee) that sits for the worst offences and any offence that is disputed. Then they will review the footage and listen to representation from the players.
    The list posted above is the Appeals Committee and the side panel members - the Match Review Panel has different members, they are largely ex players and work on a rotation - 4 MRP members are allocated each week

My understanding is that the match review panel view every game in its entirety (each game allocated to an individual member) they then compile a list of all of the incidents that they feel is worthy of a caution or a sanction, from that list is created a run of all of the incidents, this is then viewed by the Disciplinary panel and the outcome is determined by that viewing.
    The compilation you mention wasn't spoken about in the video, Though that would make more sense.

Starting A Programme Collection

That is the judicial list for hearings, the actual match review panel for the Monday morning viewing according to the RFL website is Paul Cullen (chair) Paul Dixon, Nathan McEvoy and Phil Vievers together with a RFL representative who give the initial sanctions if neccessary

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    That is the judicial list for hearings, the actual match review panel for the Monday morning viewing according to the RFL website is Paul Cullen (chair) Paul Dixon, Nathan McEvoy and Phil Vievers together with a RFL representative who give the initial sanctions if neccessary
    If I understand you correctly, that is what was said in the video. The MRP each individually look at a game and grade it for Judiciary.

Got A Season Ticket

If I understand you correctly, that is what was said in the video. The MRP each individually look at a game and grade it for Judiciary.
    I understand your confusion in this - I think it is coming from the viewpoint that the MRP are the first and final stage in the initial viewing of the matches and the incidents.
    Each match is watched by a MRP member.
    They make a call on each incident
    Then then compile all of them for a collective review and agree that the initial grade was correct
    This is what you see as the Monday Disciplinary panel output
    If a player doesn't agree with the grade applied then it will go to a separate panel which has the judges and the side members sat on it - they will make a determination which side they believe, MRP or player, looking at additional evidence as well as the original incident.
    My understanding that this panel also will sit for any "refer to tribunal" grades

Hope that helps

I understand your confusion in this - I think it is coming from the viewpoint that the MRP are the first and final stage in the initial viewing of the matches and the incidents.
    Each match is watched by a MRP member.
    They make a call on each incident
    Then then compile all of them for a collective review and agree that the initial grade was correct
    This is what you see as the Monday Disciplinary panel output
    If a player doesn't agree with the grade applied then it will go to a separate panel which has the judges and the side members sat on it - they will make a determination which side they believe, MRP or player, looking at additional evidence as well as the original incident.
    My understanding that this panel also will sit for any "refer to tribunal" grades

Hope that helps
    The attack on Welsby must have been viewed by Cullen who thought it was just an ordinary tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    The attack on Welsby must have been viewed by Cullen who thought it was just an ordinary tackle.
    Cullen on a Disciplinary committee is a joke in itself. Westwood will be next.

Got A Season Ticket

HHJ Sarah Wright is the daughter of Frank Wright, former Warrington & Wigan hooker ...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime...-panel-1392672

Lam looks scared stiff as though he is on a Lenegan warning.

Maybe he’s going to the Skinny Food Company.

Lam will say It’s an improvement on last week. At least we managed to get in their 25.
    Last edited by knowsleyroaders; 25th August 2021 at 21:25.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Watching them v Leeds and Wigan look a bit like Saints did in the last few games under KC, clueless, and the harder they try the more mistakes they make.

Lam should go tomorrow, he was a good player but its just not working for him.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Wigan are shit. Doing things cheap. Blooded way to many youngsters to scrimp on the wages. Gildart doesn’t look arsed. Hastings, Hardaker and Bateman doing sod all on big money. Im no fan of Lam but Leneghan and Radlinski have a lot to answer for.
    Last edited by fishy3005; 25th August 2021 at 21:43.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Grouse View Post
    Watching them v Leeds and Wigan look a bit like Saints did in the last few games under KC, clueless, and the harder they try the more mistakes they make.

Lam should go tomorrow, he was a good player but its just not working for him.
    Were we this poor under Cunningham?( I am totally biased when it come to that period)

Learning All The Songs

His P45 will be waiting for him tomorrow morning.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

The last few games when we lost away to Leigh and at home to Huddersfield were bad

He could always get a job replacing Alexander Armstrong on pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    His P45 will be waiting for him tomorrow morning.
    We should put a statue up compete with bronze tears in his eyes
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Dead man walking

Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Wigan are shit. Doing things cheap. Blooded way to many youngsters to scrimp on the wages. Gildart doesn’t look arsed. Hastings, Hardaker and Bateman doing sod all on big money. Im no fan of Lam but Leneghan and Radlinski has a lot to answer for.
    They've thrown big contracts at fair-weather players like French, Field, Hardaker. Which is fine if you've got a solid, dominant pack for them to play behind. But their's is awful - full of the wrong sort of aggression (trying to cheapshot opposition players, then always rushing into handbags at the slightest incident like proving how 'tough' they are rather than how good rugby players). I guess they figured Bateman would be a catalyst for the pack to build round, but he's been very ordinary.

But anyway, I think Lam needs more time to turn this round.