Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Lam

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Wasn't far off was I?

Perhaps I understand the game more than most on here?
    You genuinely don't think Isa's drop onto Welsby was intentional?

Wasn't far off was I?

Or you just understand the mysterious workings of the RFL disciplinary because it is a joke of a punishment.

Starting A Programme Collection

Wasn't far off was I?

Nope, wrong again. As usual.
    We were saying what he should get. We all knew & expected that the incompetent disciplinary panel would let him off. Why wouldn't they ? They always let the number 1 headhunter Shirley off didn't they ?

In The South Stand

Wasn't far off was I?

Nobody expected you to be "far off", as usual, as on and off the field of play Wigan are officiated in a completely different way to every other club. Their demise is obvious to everyone and to be honest, even you must admit that the thuggish display trotted out as sport last week was a disgrace. Did Wigan even play any rugby? It was obvious the powers that be were going to give Isa a slap on the wrist when it transpired that in the SKY highlights package, a major talking point of the match, Isa attacking a prone defenceless player with a direct blow to the head is not even featured! Rather like covering the "Ben Flower" Grand Final and not showing poor Ben attacking a defenceless player in a prone position directly to the head! Player welfare, don't make me laugh. Can your team sink any lower?

In The South Stand

Default Adrian Lam

Wasn't far off was I?

Indeed you do - you understand the disciplinary panel is a farce. Yet you still underestimated the ban.

Then again you also said Iain Thornley was a massive loss to RL, James Roby was just a scooter and owning your own stadium is a bad thing so maybe you don’t actually know anything or are incapable of balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Wasn't far off was I?

Kudos to you.

You understand better than most on here just how bent the disciplinary panel is.

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

Wasn't far off was I?

Amazing foresight Rogues !

It’s just a pity that the panel didn’t recommend that Isa should be detained for assessment under the Mental Health Act 1983.
    “With great power comes great responsibility”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    The problem is how the offences are written up I think. That's how he got away with the attack on Percy at our place. It allows the panel to look favourably at the incidents. The Welsby one & the Percy one on Friday are clearly deliberate yet neither are written to infer the intention to cause injury.
    It's almost like they want him to get off ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    The problem is how the offences are written up I think. That's how he got away with the attack on Percy at our place. It allows the panel to look favourably at the incidents. The Welsby one & the Percy one on Friday are clearly deliberate yet neither are written to infer the intention to cause injury.
    It’s because he “hasn’t got a malicious bone in his body”.

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    It’s because he “hasn’t got a malicious bone in his body”.
    He hasn't got a brain cell either, he does have a guardian angel though.

Got A Season Ticket

Wasn't far off was I?

So back to your usual trick of spotting the indiscretion of the saints player & no condemning the Wigan thuggery.

Your record runs through Newton, Flower and now Isa. That's why some of us struggle with your rightousness on here.

Wasn't far off was I?

I doubt it.

Isa dropped harder on Welsby's head then Welsby did on that ball in the grand final.

You can see the differences in class between the two clubs clear as crystal these days.

What a farce the governance of this sport is

Got A Replica Shirt

The refereeing and the disciplinary are both abysmal. I know many are unhappy with the current grind in many of the games (with justification) but the one thing that would stop me attending is when I have no faith that the way games are refereed is fair. Getting very close to that point. What is the point of following a sport if you are not certain everyone is treated the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    So back to your usual trick of spotting the indiscretion of the saints player & no condemning the Wigan thuggery.

Your record runs through Newton, Flower and now Isa. That's why some of us struggle with your rightousness on here.
    Throughout the fallout of the Flower assault on Hohaia aftermath, Rogues never quite got to admitting that Flower started it by knocking Hohaia to the turf on the kick chase. Total and utter denial that the 'biggest club in Rugby League' (more nonsense) can do anything wrong.

FWIW, I don't think Bentley was going to do much damage with the force he put on the kick to Bateman's head but I think he should have got a lot more than 1 game. Really like him as a player but that was out of order.

Got A Replica Shirt

Rogues is just a wind up merchant. Best thing everyone can do is to add him to your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Throughout the fallout of the Flower assault on Hohaia aftermath, Rogues never quite got to admitting that Flower started it by knocking Hohaia to the turf on the kick chase. Total and utter denial that the 'biggest club in Rugby League' (more nonsense) can do anything wrong.

FWIW, I don't think Bentley was going to do much damage with the force he put on the kick to Bateman's head but I think he should have got a lot more than 1 game. Really like him as a player but that was out of order.
    Spot on that about 2014 GF. Flower roundhoused Hohaia in the back of the head in the kick chase and ran off. Eventually Hohaia caught up with him and sort of charged into Flower, then got immediately sparked out

Wigan fans tried to change the story and told a load of lies about Hohaia being the aggressor despite it being on TV. Unfortunately for them people in St Helens can afford SKY Q and don’t watch TV on an old analogue set from the 90s like Wiganers do

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

He only saw it from when Hohaia caught up with Flower. He is worse that all the PL managers that would have to see an incident again.

Not often we get the chance to agree with Carney and Clarke.

Learning All The Songs

Just as bad as Lance getting chinned in the Grand Final, Isa uses his shoulder to cause injury instead of his fist UFC style.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    Perhaps as well as a write up, the disciplinary panel should be shown footage of the incidents they are making judgement on?

Mind you they're that bent, it probably wouldn't make a difference......
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Perhaps as well as a write up, the disciplinary panel should be shown footage of the incidents they are making judgement on?

It's quite amazing if they don't have available footage. They cannot rely on the write up surely ? This is 2021 not 1980. Footage of the Welsby assault would hopefully see a much longer ban.

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post

I was always under the impression they watched the incidents. No wonder Makinson initially got 3 games, if they don't look at the incident.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I was always under the impression they watched the incidents. No wonder Makinson initially got 3 games, if they don't look at the incident.
    It makes an even bigger mockery of their judgements if they watch footage.......mind you, it makes a mockery of the system if they don't too!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Yes they do review the videos (of every game) This is from a few years back but the procedure is still very similar.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...cedures/more/7