Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Willie Isa

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    It’s an absolute disgrace. A player deliberately goes head hunting and is effectively let off. There was a deliberate attack on the head to a prone player (Welsby) and three games is enough! I must read the disciplinary report to see what their excuses are.

I said three games in total on the Lam thread thinking cynically they may only look at one incident and ignore the rest. I wasn’t far wrong. Isa and the RFL have managed to bring the game into disrepute.
    It is the way the incidents are written up. Its so they can let him off. It's a disgrace.
    I wonder who actually writes the charges ?
    It could be Rogues ?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    It is the way the incidents are written up. Its so they can let him off. It's a disgrace.
    I wonder who actually writes the charges ?
    It could be Rogues ?
    They’ve written off the attack on Welsby as reckless! It was deliberate.

That's what I mean, they word it so they can minimise any possible penalty. I do wonder who does the write up of the incident ?
    Does anyone know ? Was it Adrian Lam ?

Got A Season Ticket

Was the single match ban for the attack on Grace after Grace had played the ball?

In The South Stand

To hit a player on the floor,so late and so hard can't possibly be anything other than deliberate. Should of been a straight red and a longer ban.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    That's what I mean, they word it so they can minimise any possible penalty. I do wonder who does the write up of the incident ?
    Does anyone know ? Was it Adrian Lam ?
    The chair of the match review panel is a chap called Paul Cullen, he used to play the game in a sporting fashion! Just wait until a Warrington player is cited if you think this was bad.

Starting A Programme Collection MachineGunFunk's Avatar

What makes this farcical decision worse is that, in isolation, it's bad enough but, if you think back to the game at LP a few months ago, he did the same thing. He hit Percival when he was on the floor - nothing given at the time or after, then he hit Welsby late, again nothing given at the time but he got a 1 or 2 match ban subsequently.

So, Isa obviously learned nothing from the first ban and just carried on with his total sh*thouse antics, and still they think what he did is as bad as Tommy Mak's the week before.

The bloke is a scumbag and the ban should reflect that and send a message that our game won't stand for sh*t like that. Instead they've just told him not to be naughty and portrayed our game as accepting thuggery. Absolutely disgraceful, but not surprising, and another example of why the game is going down the pan. Who in their right mind would want to be associated with a "sport" that allows that to happen continually?

And has been said, Lam and the Wigan club are just scum for a) leaving Isa on the field when he could've got one of our lads seriously hurt (a la Terry Newton 2005) or sent off if they retaliated and b) for looking as though they will appeal the ban.

I just despair, I really do.
    "Never write off the Saints!!"

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGunFunk View Post
    What makes this farcical decision worse is that, in isolation, it's bad enough but, if you think back to the game at LP a few months ago, he did the same thing. He hit Percival when he was on the floor - nothing given at the time or after, then he hit Welsby late, again nothing given at the time but he got a 1 or 2 match ban subsequently.

So, Isa obviously learned nothing from the first ban and just carried on with his total sh*thouse antics, and still they think what he did is as bad as Tommy Mak's the week before.

The bloke is a scumbag and the ban should reflect that and send a message that our game won't stand for sh*t like that. Instead they've just told him not to be naughty and portrayed our game as accepting thuggery. Absolutely disgraceful, but not surprising, and another example of why the game is going down the pan. Who in their right mind would want to be associated with a "sport" that allows that to happen continually?

And has been said, Lam and the Wigan club are just scum for a) leaving Isa on the field when he could've got one of our lads seriously hurt (a la Terry Newton 2005) or sent off if they retaliated and b) for looking as though they will appeal the ban.

I just despair, I really do.
    He will seriously hurt someone eventually.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    The chair of the match review panel is a chap called Paul Cullen, he used to play the game in a sporting fashion! Just wait until a Warrington player is cited if you think this was bad.
    I didn’t see the match so can’t comment on Isla’s ban. However if you think we get special treatment from the disciplinary then explain Lineham recent treatment (not condoning his behaviour, just saying there was no leniency).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    I didn’t see the match so can’t comment on Isla’s ban. However if you think we get special treatment from the disciplinary then explain Lineham recent treatment (not condoning his behaviour, just saying there was no leniency).
    Nah, I don't think you will. You need to wear cherry & white

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post

Here's a quick compendium of the incidents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HonITZkF8WU

There is no justification in the hit on Welsby. You sometimes see these 'tackles' when a player is half-tackled and on the floor, and the defender piles in to finish the tackle off in a way designed to hurt the player with the ball. It's shithousery, but at least the defender can claim he was just finishing off the tackle.

With Welsby, Isa hit him first late after the ball had gone and knocks Welsby to the ground. Welsby lands about 3-4 metres away on the floor, obviously without the ball. Isa then launches at him and dives on him shoulder first to the head as Welsby is on the floor.

It was plain assault.

And that was just one incident.

He's a thug. A sh*te rugby player who has nothing in his bag but cheapshot thuggery. And a disgrace to the sport. But the Pie Sports muppets try to whitewash his thuggery every time with "that's out of character, he's really a nice guy" bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Here's a quick compendium of the incidents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HonITZkF8WU

There is no justification in the hit on Welsby. You sometimes see these 'tackles' when a player is half-tackled and on the floor, and the defender piles in to finish the tackle off in a way designed to hurt the player with the ball. It's shithousery, but at least the defender can claim he was just finishing off the tackle.

With Welsby, Isa hit him first late after the ball had gone and knocks Welsby to the ground. Welsby lands about 3-4 metres away on the floor, obviously without the ball. Isa then launches at him and dives on him shoulder first to the head as Welsby is on the floor.

It was plain assault.

And that was just one incident.

He's a thug. A sh*te rugby player who has nothing in his bag but cheapshot thuggery. And a disgrace to the sport. But the Pie Sports muppets try to whitewash his thuggery every time with "that's out of character, he's really a nice guy" bollocks.

They try the same grubby, bully boy tactics that they used under Wane and Maguire. Difference is they haven't got the size in the forwards to do it effectively anymore. Isa realises he isn't capable and so starts taking it out on our centres and wingers.

The bloke is a disgrace.

If they can't beat you at rugby league (and let's face it, they can't beat many at that at the moment), they resort to cheap shots.

They are a worse team than the 2006 team and despite that they feel they are only a couple of players away and a coach from competing for honours again (delusional), they actually aren't far from being bottom 4. They are terrible.

Got A Replica Shirt

Disgusting, scummy club. Sick of their tactics. Not a recent thing either. I remember the spear tackle on Gary Connelly in the Premiership final in the early 90’s. We were winning at half time and they clearly came out second half with the plan of nobbling our best player. Did so and then won the game. Have never cared about the game. Picked off other teams best players in the 80’s and early 90’s even though they didn’t have the money to do so and ultimately had to sell their ground as a result. Invented financial doping long before it happened in football. If anyone from Warrington wonders why they don’t matter to us just take a look at that cherry and white shower.

Quote Originally Posted by rednez View Post
    Disgusting, scummy club. Sick of their tactics. Not a recent thing either. I remember the spear tackle on Gary Connelly in the Premiership final in the early 90’s. We were winning at half time and they clearly came out second half with the plan of nobbling our best player. Did so and then won the game. Have never cared about the game. Picked off other teams best players in the 80’s and early 90’s even though they didn’t have the money to do so and ultimately had to sell their ground as a result. Invented financial doping long before it happened in football. If anyone from Warrington wonders why they don’t matter to us just take a look at that cherry and white shower.
    The fact that the club are looking to appeal against the Ban ! Says it all really . Do they just not get it ? What case can they possibly have to justify a lesser charge? They have been let off with only 4 games . The assault on Welsby was worth that alone .

Wigan have nothing to offer , losers, scum bags . I’m Looking forward to Wednesday to see the onslaught continue

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side Of The Moon View Post
    The fact that the club are looking to appeal against the Ban ! Says it all really . Do they just not get it ? What case can they possibly have to justify a lesser charge? They have been let off with only 4 games . The assault on Welsby was worth that alone .

Wigan have nothing to offer , losers, scum bags . I’m Looking forward to Wednesday to see the onslaught continue
    Where does it say they're looking to appeal?
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I would like to see them appeal and get the deserved increase.

Saw this on Twitter.

Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    No!!! We want Isa back for the playoffs……
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

I think Wigan are appealing the Bateman ban! Could have misread that though!

Deff be overturned. Wearetalking about wigan.. two yellow cards and he will end up getting nothing usual cheating RFL..

He’s actually gone and done an apology for his behaviour on Twitter now - very unusual that

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/58308806

There was a lot of emotion apparently!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I picked up on that as soon as I read it. "The emotion has to be taken into consideration" So if a couple of our forwards got emotionally wound up at seeing Welsby attacked on the ground and flattened Isa, that would be Ok because of the emotion?.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

That should of been clocked earlier in the week, especially after ‘Big Bad John’ Bateman said that the derby just makes you want to take somebodies head off.

Wigan’s culture has been spoken about numerous times over recent years. The mentality of their playing group I feel may be at an all time low for them.

I picked up on that as soon as I read it. "The emotion has to be taken into consideration" So if a couple of our forwards got emotionally wound up at seeing Welsby attacked on the ground and flattened Isa, that would be Ok because of the emotion?.
    Who'd have thought it, a lot of emotion in a derby match, there's probably still a lot of it about in Wigan, the fans are still sobbing