Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoppages...

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by tigersteve View Post
    JSL had to go off for a head test? I dont mind people questioning players staying down but JSL failed the on field head test and had to go off. That one is genuine.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding,I was referring to the fact it was a professional foul which should have been a sin bin,not the fact of HIA. Hastings did exactly the same on Friday and the player that tackled him was sent to the bin. Another example of same rule different result.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding,I was referring to the fact it was a professional foul which should have been a sin bin,not the fact of HIA. Hastings did exactly the same on Friday and the player that tackled him was sent to the bin. Another example of same rule different result.
    If i remember the incident clearly (my memory is poor btw), i dont think JSL moves so its only a penalty rather than a professional foul.

Quote Originally Posted by tigersteve View Post
    If i remember the incident clearly (my memory is poor btw), i dont think JSL moves so its only a penalty rather than a professional foul.
    You're right. He goes off but he clearly Tackles Percival.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Unfortunately had to miss the match, but sat through the recording, the first half was just under 42 minutes which seems fair however the second half was 52 minutes in total!

I find it ironic that Castleford are championing a new format because of the relative success of the hundred in Cricket. The hundred is based on speed, no changing of ends, no break between innings - to get a result in just over a couple of hours.

Maybe if the game was less stop start, and doesn't take nearly two hours to complete 80 minutes of play, it'd be more interesting

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Some great comments from Paul Merson on Sky sports, re Klopp and Solskjaer comments about tackling in football, and becoming like rugby, He states that comparing them is an embarrasment to RL ans RU players who put their bodies on the line, and mentions being able to hear the collisions at the ground.

Last para of the article. https://www.skysports.com/football/n...m-former-glory

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Just watched the first Brisbane World Club Challenge win, cracking match..

Interestingly, no feigning injury, holding necks, trying to get penalties.

Ferocious second half, finished in 42 minutes total time

How it should be played.. let’s get back to rugby like this. ..