Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spoilt Fanbase?

Default Spoilt Fanbase?

I’ve never seen the forum as active since last night. Lots of new threads started and numerous posts. Compare that to when we win, it’s a world of difference.

We were poor last night and got what we deserved overall despite the poor performance of Thaler. However let’s put things into perspective. We rarely lose. Even with 11 men, huge penalty count against us, lots of errors, we still nearly sneaked a win.

I’m expecting a response next week and we are still an excellent team.

Some real knee jerk reactions on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    I’ve never seen the forum as active since last night. Lots of new threads started and numerous posts. Compare that to when we win, it’s a world of difference.

We were poor last night and got what we deserved overall despite the poor performance of Thaler. However let’s put things into perspective. We rarely lose. Even with 11 men, huge penalty count against us, lots of errors, we still nearly sneaked a win.

Some people on here are showing themselves up. Embarrassment to this great club

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

We lost a game that most expected us to win and were pretty appalling in the process. Performances like that evoke extreme reactions, especially after a few jars last night.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Replica Shirt

Amazing how many of our fans never had an off day at work!

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Always the case on here.

Looking forward to the Wigan match next week.

It’s very simple though.

We are used to winning, being successful and a shock horror show like that brings extreme reactions. On the flip side Cas celebrated like it was 1999…. Because it was HUGE to them.

How does the song lyric to “Sit down” go?

“If I hadn’t seen such riches, I could live with being poor….”
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Sort of proves that we’re a good side when we nearly win a game with with a 2 out of 10 performance against a ref that did everything in his power to stop us

If we play even average last night we win easily

We were stupid as much as poor last night, hopefully we’ll learn from it

In The South Stand

I always feel that this place is busier after a defeat than a win. I don’t know if I’m right in thinking that but it certainly seems the way. I also think that when we do lose a game, knees jerk and people go way over the top. We have no given right to win games of Rugby League and I don’t expect us to win every game. Last night come as a bit of a shock but looking at the bigger picture, last nights result was nothing to worry too much about.

Some of the stuff on here last night was incredible. I know you’re clouded with emotion when we do lose but people calling out Woolf, calling us rubbish and saying we’re easy to beat is just plain wrong.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    We were stupid as much as poor last night, hopefully we’ll learn from it

This!

We pride ourselves on being a "honest" team but yesterday we were anything but. We took to many shortcuts and paid the price. I lost count of how many times we ripped the ball out trying to make it look like a knock on and the amount 6 agains we gave away was embarrassing.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I'm not worried about last night, Cas can sing and dance all they like we've got the Challenge Cup. We were poor but Coote dummies instead of passing and we win probably win the game.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

I stand by everything ive posted over the last 24 hours.

Our attitude was bad last night.
    Our backs have gone backwards under Woolf.
    Matautia is pretty sh**e.

If im telling fibs fu**ing shoot me. Even if we won last night it wouldn’t change the fact that our attack is poor under Woolf and a couple of our overseas signings are turd nuggets.

A few new posters say that anyone who criticises the team are glory hunters. Mmmmm. I see it another way. I post on here through thick and thin. If we were to lose 10 games on the bounce i think i few of those who defend our current situation would soon disappear.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Part of the problem is that some posters give me the impression they are Living in the Past it’s as though they want a cloned Holbrook or a cloned Luke Thompson.

The reality is that Superleague is slow, spoiling and a cheating spectacle. Entertaining quality rugby league is light years away at the moment.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Part of the problem is that some posters give me the impression they are Living in the Past it’s as though they want a cloned Holbrook or a cloned Luke Thompson.

The reality is that Superleague is slow, spoiling and a cheating spectacle. Entertaining quality rugby league is light years away at the moment.
    But unfortunately that is the agenda set & condoned by the RFL .

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Couple of things for me more than anything not working.

Backs taking the ball in up the middle so much, especially sometimes on the first run in, it’s suicide.

One, if not the biggest single problem we have now is Roby cannot give us any roll forward from dummy half. When our forwards are losing the fight there’s no punch that we need from the play the ball to help get them on a roll.

Roby is a legend and even now his defence is incredibly but the spring has gone and we desperately miss that quick run, roll and spring. It’s killing us and is a huge part of our pedestrian play. That for me is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    But unfortunately that is the agenda set & condoned by the RFL .
    The RFL always wanted a competitive Superleague they are pretty much successful in that agenda by dumbing down the game.

Got A Season Ticket The Meister's Avatar

Last night was a reality check for Saints.
    Hopefully we will learn from this and, if classy Cas make the playoffs, we can beat them when it matters.
    “With great power comes great responsibility”

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post

Backs taking the ball in up the middle so much, especially sometimes on the first run in, it’s suicide.

One, if not the biggest single problem we have now is Roby cannot give us any roll forward from dummy half. When our forwards are losing the fight there’s no punch that we need from the play the ball to help get them on a roll.

Roby is a legend and even now his defence is incredibly but the spring has gone and we desperately miss that quick run, roll and spring. It’s killing us and is a huge part of our pedestrian play. That for me is a fact.
    That’s pretty bang on, he’s going OK with his defence but his attacking stats are in the bottom 3 for that no 9 role.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

All our pivots, but Roby in particular, looked class last week playing behind a dominant pack. Last night with no platform to work with they struggled, none of our forwards other than Walmsley got close to making 100m. We conceded 12 penalties plus god knows how many set restarts, missed 27 tackles and made 10 errors. We gifted Cas so much field position and a better side would have been well out of sight. Roby in his prime wouldn’t have made a difference last night. It was a shocking performance and yet we were one pass going to hand away from having a kick to win the game. Use it as fuel to fire us up for the Wigan match.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post

I bet Rovers score at least 3 tries tonight far more entertaining than anything we are capable of under our current coaching staff.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I bet Rovers score at least 3 tries tonight far more entertaining than anything we are capable of under our current coaching staff.
    I agree. Who does not love the trophies but do many people look forward to watching us?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

This has always been the case with this forum, after any loss and server would go down. In the past it would be in the pub after the match when everyone would vent their anger at, the Ref, PlayerA,B or C, the team we played are always cheats, the manager needs to to go,etc…..

It’s called sport it is irrational but then again the love of sport is irrational.

Yes but when they played us they didn’t score any try’s at all in fact zero entertaining points. It was 25-0 and I’m pretty sure our coaching staff didn’t go on holiday.

For 20 mins yes but they have been poor after that and will probably lose. No good being good for just 20 mins.

Learning All The Songs

Whilst I mostly agree with your comments, your opinions after a loss are alway more prevalent than after a win.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    For 20 mins yes but they have been poor after that and will probably lose. No good being good for just 20 mins.
    I really enjoyed their style of play so far.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk