Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tommy Sending Off

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    The one for me although irrelevant is that Chris Hill did not get punished for his blatant crusher tackle.
    It did look a bit nasty that one. Its a really grey area crushers. It wasn’t even a thing a few years back. I will never understand players turning in the tackle, leg driving backwards leaving themselves vulnerable to this position.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Never wanted to win a game as much for a long time.

I will be sick if this lot rock up and end up in another final from 5th again.
    I can’t imagine any kind of upset here Ralph, Saints are stronger than Leeds across the whole team. They’ve done really well for themselves to get to this point but they would have to play out of their skin and we would have to play at our worst to make it a fair game.

Look across their team and do you see a single player who is better than his opponent in a Saints jersey?

I would have much rather played them in the Final but it isn’t to be.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

If we win on Friday , what’s the chances of us having at least 2 players up before the disciplinary committee !

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Never wanted to win a game as much for a long time.

I will be sick if this lot rock up and end up in another final from 5th again.
    We have got to expect a very tough game, Leeds weakness in the stats are missed tackles and errors if they can clean that up its going to be a close game. They don't seem to have as many match winners, needs to be a fast open game that very much depends on how the ref controls the ruck area speed.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We have got to expect a very tough game, Leeds weakness in the stats are missed tackles and errors if they can clean that up its going to be a close game. They don't seem to have as many match winners, needs to be a fast open game that very much depends on how the ref controls the ruck area speed.
    also need to take into account the weather. Plenty of rain forecast in the next few days

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno65 View Post
    If we win on Friday , what’s the chances of us having at least 2 players up before the disciplinary committee !
    A new name on the trophy plus the chance of a boost to the expansion and aims of world domination tells me the RFL The Disciplinary and Every Journalist not from St Helens will be screaming at every momentary lapse by Saints. More than two forward passes and up to three penalties against Saints could see us Banned Sine Die by the translucent deceit and obvious blindness of all at Red Hall.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Got A Replica Shirt

The unsettling thing is that some posters actually appear to believe some of the stuff they post on here.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of '99 View Post
    The unsettling thing is that some posters actually appear to believe some of the stuff they post on here.
    So, I'm assuming that you don't think that we get frequently done over by the disciplinary panel for instance ?
    Paasi, no evidence of anything at all, 2 games, Kasiano, clear crusher, 0 games, in fact Bentley blamed, Hill same offence, no games. Makinson, shoulder charge, 3 games reduced to 2 as no head contact at all, Cooper clear head contact 1 game, Oledski, shoulder charge, clear head contact 0 games. Don't get me started on Willie Isa. These, just the recent ones I can recall. It happens too often to us, maybe we are paranoid ? Maybe some are naive ?

We believe the Passi and Bentley incidents 100%, whichever way the Disciplinary dress it up impartiality has not been addressed.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    So, I'm assuming that you don't think that we get frequently done over by the disciplinary panel for instance ?
    Paasi, no evidence of anything at all, 2 games, Kasiano, clear crusher, 0 games, in fact Bentley blamed, Hill same offence, no games. Makinson, shoulder charge, 3 games reduced to 2 as no head contact at all, Cooper clear head contact 1 game, Oledski, shoulder charge, clear head contact 0 games. Don't get me started on Willie Isa. These, just the recent ones I can recall. It happens too often to us, maybe we are paranoid ? Maybe some are naive ?
    Bearing in mind your talking to a Leeds fan who spends half their time reporting back to RLFannies and TRL forums on what people are saying on here, I doubt they'd agree with your first sentence

Hill's wasn't really the same offence. It was pretty obvious it was made far worse when a second tackler came in behind him and added weight to the tackle. At that point he had no opportunity to avoid a crusher. The disciplinary got that right imo and is consistent with other crushers where weight has been added to the tackle.

Blaming Bentley for the Kasiano incident was stupid but completely unrelated to the Hill one and nothing to do with the conspiracy you seem obsessed with. In fact we've done pretty well in getting charges downgraded on appeal this season.

Also worth noting that high tackles and shoulder charges are graded differently so there's not much use comparing the two.

Willie Isa got lucky for me given his attack on Welsby was deliberate, off the ball, and shoulder targeting the head of a prone opponent. But there's no conspiracy in that, for me they just didn't see it as big a problem as they should have done.

Funny how no one was calling for a ban for Knowles after his bizarre swinging arm over the top of a completed tackle against Leeds the other week (penalty sufficient iirc). Like most things in life, it's just a mixed bag, some you win, some you lose, but there's no conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I can’t imagine any kind of upset here Ralph, Saints are stronger than Leeds across the whole team. They’ve done really well for themselves to get to this point but they would have to play out of their skin and we would have to play at our worst to make it a fair game.

Look across their team and do you see a single player who is better than his opponent in a Saints jersey?

I would have much rather played them in the Final but it isn’t to be.

Hope you are right. I'm thinking more towards what STIDDY has said. In terms of player for player, you're right. We do have a better 17 but I'm still nervous. They do have a habit of turning up when it matters most Leeds.

They worry me this time of year but I'm pessimistic by nature

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

You say we have done well at getting charges downgraded.I would say we got them downgraded because the original levels were wrong.The disciplinary would not have down graded them if they thought they were correct in the first place.

Hope you are right. I'm thinking more towards what STIDDY has said. In terms of player for player, you're right. We do have a better 17 but I'm still nervous. They do have a habit of turning up when it matters most Leeds.

I understand what you are saying but rewind and rewatch their game against Wigan. They didn’t blow them away, they were just the least crap of two crap teams. Wigan could be still playing now and wouldn’t have scored. It’s incredible how far they’ve regressed.

If we play at 75% or above on Friday, it will be like pistol whipping a blind kid…..

I understand what you are saying but rewind and rewatch their game against Wigan. They didn’t blow them away, they were just the least crap of two crap teams. Wigan could be still playing now and wouldn’t have scored. It’s incredible how far they’ve regressed.

If we play at 75% or above on Friday, it will be like pistol whipping a blind kid…..
    That's what wire said about HKR after watching them against leeds.
    Shouldn't be frightened of Leeds but equally Shouldn't take things for granted.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    That's what wire said about HKR after watching them against leeds.
    Shouldn't be frightened of Leeds but equally Shouldn't take things for granted.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

The reality is that Wire have been crap as well.

Let’s make no bones about it, if we don’t beat Leeds comfortably we don’t deserve to be in the GF

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Probably because they show replay after replay at normal speed and frame by frame which unless you are blind tends to show what happened. Pity that before waving red cards the referee doesn't watch them then the chimps at Red Hall don't have to scratch their heads before they decide that he plays for Saints he must be guilty. Anyone with one iota of rugby league knowledge know that thing like Hicks in the Challenge Cup Final completely ruling out a perfectly good try without going to the video ref just makes RL HQ look even more amateurish than we all know they are.

As far as I am concerned after that imbecilic decision by Hicks it should have made it impossible for him to referee another top class game.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Bearing in mind your talking to a Leeds fan who spends half their time reporting back to RLFannies and TRL forums on what people are saying on here, I doubt they'd agree with your first sentence

Hill's wasn't really the same offence. It was pretty obvious it was made far worse when a second tackler came in behind him and added weight to the tackle. At that point he had no opportunity to avoid a crusher. The disciplinary got that right imo and is consistent with other crushers where weight has been added to the tackle.

Blaming Bentley for the Kasiano incident was stupid but completely unrelated to the Hill one and nothing to do with the conspiracy you seem obsessed with. In fact we've done pretty well in getting charges downgraded on appeal this season.

Also worth noting that high tackles and shoulder charges are graded differently so there's not much use comparing the two.

Willie Isa got lucky for me given his attack on Welsby was deliberate, off the ball, and shoulder targeting the head of a prone opponent. But there's no conspiracy in that, for me they just didn't see it as big a problem as they should have done.

Funny how no one was calling for a ban for Knowles after his bizarre swinging arm over the top of a completed tackle against Leeds the other week (penalty sufficient iirc). Like most things in life, it's just a mixed bag, some you win, some you lose, but there's no conspiracy.
    You are being way too sensible PP.
    We have dodged bans that our opposition and most of our own thought were certainties, KN last year and Tommy before the Wire CC final, that was before Tommy got banned for "ball tampering" tarnishing his exemplary disciplinary record which means he will be banned for all offences onwards.
    There is certainly inconsistencies but as far as conspiracies against us as a club go that is nonsense.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

This isn't the same Leeds that turned up in those GF's. For me the only chance they have is if they turn out that guy Long they signed this year, Heard he is a decent 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    This isn't the same Leeds that turned up in those GF's. For me the only chance they have is if they turn out that guy Long they signed this year, Heard he is a decent 7.
    You're right and your predictions are better than mine.

Hope it dries off a bit Friday afternoon. Don't want a slug fest in the wet

I,m expecting a very similar game to when we played them in the challenge cup game were they were out fought but kept in the game. We only need a couple of lucky bounces for Leeds, couple of errors from us and the ref to make it a close game. We need to control our own game first and put in one of our best defensive performances.

That’s a great point.

They really had it good for a few seasons, with all those great, great players peaking together. And Bailey.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

That’s a great point.

They really had it good for a few seasons, with all those great, great players peaking together. And Bailey.
    Glad Bailey was just an afterthought. But with the likes of Peacock, Mc Guire, Burrows and Sinfield's game management, they were a good side.