JB&B Leach Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 122 of 122

Thread: Tommy Sending Off

  1. #101
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    10,728
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    The one for me although irrelevant is that Chris Hill did not get punished for his blatant crusher tackle.
    It did look a bit nasty that one. Its a really grey area crushers. It wasn’t even a thing a few years back. I will never understand players turning in the tackle, leg driving backwards leaving themselves vulnerable to this position.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  2. #102
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,937
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Never wanted to win a game as much for a long time.

    I will be sick if this lot rock up and end up in another final from 5th again.
    I can’t imagine any kind of upset here Ralph, Saints are stronger than Leeds across the whole team. They’ve done really well for themselves to get to this point but they would have to play out of their skin and we would have to play at our worst to make it a fair game.

    Look across their team and do you see a single player who is better than his opponent in a Saints jersey?

    I would have much rather played them in the Final but it isn’t to be.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

    This life is more than just a read through.

  3. #103
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    192
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If we win on Friday , what’s the chances of us having at least 2 players up before the disciplinary committee !

  4. #104
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    6,002
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Never wanted to win a game as much for a long time.

    I will be sick if this lot rock up and end up in another final from 5th again.
    We have got to expect a very tough game, Leeds weakness in the stats are missed tackles and errors if they can clean that up its going to be a close game. They don't seem to have as many match winners, needs to be a fast open game that very much depends on how the ref controls the ruck area speed.

  5. #105
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bury
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    We have got to expect a very tough game, Leeds weakness in the stats are missed tackles and errors if they can clean that up its going to be a close game. They don't seem to have as many match winners, needs to be a fast open game that very much depends on how the ref controls the ruck area speed.
    also need to take into account the weather. Plenty of rain forecast in the next few days

  6. #106
    In The South Stand Greengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.
    Posts
    4,370
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnno65 View Post
    If we win on Friday , what’s the chances of us having at least 2 players up before the disciplinary committee !
    A new name on the trophy plus the chance of a boost to the expansion and aims of world domination tells me the RFL The Disciplinary and Every Journalist not from St Helens will be screaming at every momentary lapse by Saints. More than two forward passes and up to three penalties against Saints could see us Banned Sine Die by the translucent deceit and obvious blindness of all at Red Hall.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

  7. #107
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The unsettling thing is that some posters actually appear to believe some of the stuff they post on here.

  8. #108
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Shouting in the South Stand
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of '99 View Post
    The unsettling thing is that some posters actually appear to believe some of the stuff they post on here.
    So, I'm assuming that you don't think that we get frequently done over by the disciplinary panel for instance ?
    Paasi, no evidence of anything at all, 2 games, Kasiano, clear crusher, 0 games, in fact Bentley blamed, Hill same offence, no games. Makinson, shoulder charge, 3 games reduced to 2 as no head contact at all, Cooper clear head contact 1 game, Oledski, shoulder charge, clear head contact 0 games. Don't get me started on Willie Isa. These, just the recent ones I can recall. It happens too often to us, maybe we are paranoid ? Maybe some are naive ?

  9. #109
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    6,002
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of '99 View Post
    The unsettling thing is that some posters actually appear to believe some of the stuff they post on here.
    We believe the Passi and Bentley incidents 100%, whichever way the Disciplinary dress it up impartiality has not been addressed.

  10. #110
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2112_Saint View Post
    So, I'm assuming that you don't think that we get frequently done over by the disciplinary panel for instance ?
    Paasi, no evidence of anything at all, 2 games, Kasiano, clear crusher, 0 games, in fact Bentley blamed, Hill same offence, no games. Makinson, shoulder charge, 3 games reduced to 2 as no head contact at all, Cooper clear head contact 1 game, Oledski, shoulder charge, clear head contact 0 games. Don't get me started on Willie Isa. These, just the recent ones I can recall. It happens too often to us, maybe we are paranoid ? Maybe some are naive ?
    Bearing in mind your talking to a Leeds fan who spends half their time reporting back to RLFannies and TRL forums on what people are saying on here, I doubt they'd agree with your first sentence

    Hill's wasn't really the same offence. It was pretty obvious it was made far worse when a second tackler came in behind him and added weight to the tackle. At that point he had no opportunity to avoid a crusher. The disciplinary got that right imo and is consistent with other crushers where weight has been added to the tackle.

    Blaming Bentley for the Kasiano incident was stupid but completely unrelated to the Hill one and nothing to do with the conspiracy you seem obsessed with. In fact we've done pretty well in getting charges downgraded on appeal this season.

    Also worth noting that high tackles and shoulder charges are graded differently so there's not much use comparing the two.

    Willie Isa got lucky for me given his attack on Welsby was deliberate, off the ball, and shoulder targeting the head of a prone opponent. But there's no conspiracy in that, for me they just didn't see it as big a problem as they should have done.

    Funny how no one was calling for a ban for Knowles after his bizarre swinging arm over the top of a completed tackle against Leeds the other week (penalty sufficient iirc). Like most things in life, it's just a mixed bag, some you win, some you lose, but there's no conspiracy.

  11. #111
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,572
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I can’t imagine any kind of upset here Ralph, Saints are stronger than Leeds across the whole team. They’ve done really well for themselves to get to this point but they would have to play out of their skin and we would have to play at our worst to make it a fair game.

    Look across their team and do you see a single player who is better than his opponent in a Saints jersey?

    I would have much rather played them in the Final but it isn’t to be.


    Hope you are right. I'm thinking more towards what STIDDY has said. In terms of player for player, you're right. We do have a better 17 but I'm still nervous. They do have a habit of turning up when it matters most Leeds.

    They worry me this time of year but I'm pessimistic by nature

  12. #112
    Starting A Programme Collection saint mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gone fishing
    Posts
    981
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    You say we have done well at getting charges downgraded.I would say we got them downgraded because the original levels were wrong.The disciplinary would not have down graded them if they thought they were correct in the first place.

  13. #113
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,937
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Hope you are right. I'm thinking more towards what STIDDY has said. In terms of player for player, you're right. We do have a better 17 but I'm still nervous. They do have a habit of turning up when it matters most Leeds.

    They worry me this time of year but I'm pessimistic by nature
    I understand what you are saying but rewind and rewatch their game against Wigan. They didn’t blow them away, they were just the least crap of two crap teams. Wigan could be still playing now and wouldn’t have scored. It’s incredible how far they’ve regressed.

    If we play at 75% or above on Friday, it will be like pistol whipping a blind kid…..
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

    This life is more than just a read through.

  14. #114
    In The South Stand Gerry Mander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Around the Ruck. Winning the Collision.
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I understand what you are saying but rewind and rewatch their game against Wigan. They didn’t blow them away, they were just the least crap of two crap teams. Wigan could be still playing now and wouldn’t have scored. It’s incredible how far they’ve regressed.

    If we play at 75% or above on Friday, it will be like pistol whipping a blind kid…..
    That's what wire said about HKR after watching them against leeds.
    Shouldn't be frightened of Leeds but equally Shouldn't take things for granted.

    Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

  15. #115
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,937
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    That's what wire said about HKR after watching them against leeds.
    Shouldn't be frightened of Leeds but equally Shouldn't take things for granted.

    Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

    The reality is that Wire have been crap as well.

    Let’s make no bones about it, if we don’t beat Leeds comfortably we don’t deserve to be in the GF
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

    This life is more than just a read through.

  16. #116
    In The South Stand Greengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.
    Posts
    4,370
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost of '99 View Post
    The unsettling thing is that some posters actually appear to believe some of the stuff they post on here.
    Probably because they show replay after replay at normal speed and frame by frame which unless you are blind tends to show what happened. Pity that before waving red cards the referee doesn't watch them then the chimps at Red Hall don't have to scratch their heads before they decide that he plays for Saints he must be guilty. Anyone with one iota of rugby league knowledge know that thing like Hicks in the Challenge Cup Final completely ruling out a perfectly good try without going to the video ref just makes RL HQ look even more amateurish than we all know they are.

    As far as I am concerned after that imbecilic decision by Hicks it should have made it impossible for him to referee another top class game.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

  17. #117
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,178
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Bearing in mind your talking to a Leeds fan who spends half their time reporting back to RLFannies and TRL forums on what people are saying on here, I doubt they'd agree with your first sentence

    Hill's wasn't really the same offence. It was pretty obvious it was made far worse when a second tackler came in behind him and added weight to the tackle. At that point he had no opportunity to avoid a crusher. The disciplinary got that right imo and is consistent with other crushers where weight has been added to the tackle.

    Blaming Bentley for the Kasiano incident was stupid but completely unrelated to the Hill one and nothing to do with the conspiracy you seem obsessed with. In fact we've done pretty well in getting charges downgraded on appeal this season.

    Also worth noting that high tackles and shoulder charges are graded differently so there's not much use comparing the two.

    Willie Isa got lucky for me given his attack on Welsby was deliberate, off the ball, and shoulder targeting the head of a prone opponent. But there's no conspiracy in that, for me they just didn't see it as big a problem as they should have done.

    Funny how no one was calling for a ban for Knowles after his bizarre swinging arm over the top of a completed tackle against Leeds the other week (penalty sufficient iirc). Like most things in life, it's just a mixed bag, some you win, some you lose, but there's no conspiracy.
    You are being way too sensible PP.
    We have dodged bans that our opposition and most of our own thought were certainties, KN last year and Tommy before the Wire CC final, that was before Tommy got banned for "ball tampering" tarnishing his exemplary disciplinary record which means he will be banned for all offences onwards.
    There is certainly inconsistencies but as far as conspiracies against us as a club go that is nonsense.

  18. #118
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,569
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Hope you are right. I'm thinking more towards what STIDDY has said. In terms of player for player, you're right. We do have a better 17 but I'm still nervous. They do have a habit of turning up when it matters most Leeds.

    They worry me this time of year but I'm pessimistic by nature
    This isn't the same Leeds that turned up in those GF's. For me the only chance they have is if they turn out that guy Long they signed this year, Heard he is a decent 7.

  19. #119
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    4,572
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    This isn't the same Leeds that turned up in those GF's. For me the only chance they have is if they turn out that guy Long they signed this year, Heard he is a decent 7.
    You're right and your predictions are better than mine.

    Hope it dries off a bit Friday afternoon. Don't want a slug fest in the wet

  20. #120
    In The West Stand STIDDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kingdom of Wigoon
    Posts
    6,002
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    This isn't the same Leeds that turned up in those GF's. For me the only chance they have is if they turn out that guy Long they signed this year, Heard he is a decent 7.
    I,m expecting a very similar game to when we played them in the challenge cup game were they were out fought but kept in the game. We only need a couple of lucky bounces for Leeds, couple of errors from us and the ref to make it a close game. We need to control our own game first and put in one of our best defensive performances.

  21. #121
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,937
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    This isn't the same Leeds that turned up in those GF's. For me the only chance they have is if they turn out that guy Long they signed this year, Heard he is a decent 7.
    That’s a great point.

    They really had it good for a few seasons, with all those great, great players peaking together. And Bailey.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

    This life is more than just a read through.

  22. #122
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    8,569
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    That’s a great point.

    They really had it good for a few seasons, with all those great, great players peaking together. And Bailey.
    Glad Bailey was just an afterthought. But with the likes of Peacock, Mc Guire, Burrows and Sinfield's game management, they were a good side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •