Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Parking for Saturday

Got A Season Ticket
    In the kitchen, trying to remember why I came here.

Default Parking for Saturday

Does anyone know if there are any special parking arrangements for the Cats game, or do those of us who don't know the nooks and crannies just have to take our chance in the shoppers' car parks (and pay full whack for it)?

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by DewiSant View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any special parking arrangements for the Cats game, or do those of us who don't know the nooks and crannies just have to take our chance in the shoppers' car parks (and pay full whack for it)?
    If you come in off the roundabout on the dual carriageway, there's a large retail park on the right just up from the ground. You can park on there. There's no charge.

In The South Stand

As someone else travelling up for the game it seems that the nearest multi stories are closed. Does anyone have any information about that?

Has the retail park got a time limit of two hours like Tesco? I tried to book Tesco but no spaces were left for the more than two hours slots. To be fair, the pay car parks aren’t very expensive but I’m travelling with someone who doesn’t like walking!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    As someone else travelling up for the game it seems that the nearest multi stories are closed. Does anyone have any information about that?

Has the retail park got a time limit of two hours like Tesco? I tried to book Tesco but no spaces were left for the more than two hours slots. To be fair, the pay car parks aren’t very expensive but I’m travelling with someone who doesn’t like walking!
    Free, no time limit for customers

Starting A Programme Collection

Duplicate

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

The Chalon Way multi story has been demolished.
    I'm not sure about using the retail park unless you're going to shop there!
    Last time I went by car, I parked in North John Street pay and display car park on the big roundabout opposite Asda. Handy for the town, but be careful to avoid the collage car park.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Last time I went by car, I parked in North John Street pay and display car park on the big roundabout opposite Asda. Handy for the town, but be careful to avoid the collage car park.
    I normally use the Birchley Street car park but the person I’m going with won’t like that sort of walk. I then checked out the other car parks and found the St Mary’s one closed, which is why I’m interested in what’s available.

In The South Stand

That car park’s spookily near The Cricketer’s .

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

That car park’s spookily near The Cricketer’s .
    It is. Unfortunately, the people I meet up with tend to favour the Nelson or Market Tavern!

I've parked on there since the ground opened. Not sure about Saturdays though

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Chaplin way car park to be replaced by worlds biggest pound shop?
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

https://www.sthelens.gov.uk/matchdayparking Of use for weekday matches, not of much for games on Saturday.

Got A Replica Shirt

I have the same problem, me and the wife can walk from town centre car parks but my sister who is a blue badge holder cannot. I am really confused with the time limit on the Tesco car park is it 2 hrs or 3 ? all the signs say 3. I have tried booking on the my parking space app but nothing available at all on match days, what makes it worse for me is I lease my car so any parking fines get sent to the lease company and they slap an admin fee on and send it to me so I don't want to take a chance. Saints have not been any help with this parking problem over the last few seasons nothing available in disabled parking and no help with Tesco parking, I really don't mind paying to park but it needs to be close to the ground can anyone help ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    Chaplin way car park to be replaced by worlds biggest pound shop?

That's a bit unfair.

There'll also be a charity shop.

I think the idea is to open up the town centre towards the canal to try to ape other towns/cities in utilising a water course to pretty-up the town centre offering. Although I suspect there's limited interest in playing 'spot the shopping trolley sticking out the rotting canal bed' as a tourist attraction. Still, it'll be another place for addicts to scav money for their next fix.

The World of Glass Museum car park was pretty full as I walked past. Now that’s a good spot if you can get one.