Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: The No Try for Kevin

Learning All The Songs

Default The No Try for Kevin

Seriously what was up with that try.

Tommy jumps for the ball, knocks it backwards and KN picks it up to score? Video Refs gone mad.

Like John Wilkin said last night you may as well not kick it it the air if you can't compete for it?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post

Tommy jumps for the ball, knocks it backwards and KN picks it up to score? Video Refs gone mad.

Like John Wilkin said last night you may as well not kick it it the air if you can't compete for it?
    Just watched redvee TV instant fan reaction and Dave made the point, had that been scored when the game was closer, would that have been given? For me absolutely and I said as much at the time last night. The fact that we would’ve gone 20/22 points in front before half time and the game live on Sky, it does make you think?

I’ve seen it a few times this season where refs will start to give six agains to a team to give them a piggy back down the field to try and keep a game interesting.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Video refs are useless, refs are useless, might as well have Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles running touch for all the good the linesmen do. I know without the officials there is no game but Jesus Christ they are shit. It’s a full time job, they spend all week training but they seem to be getting worse. Ganson is still in charge of the refs, as far as I’m concerned he’s responsible for the shocking standards.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

In The South Stand

One of the worst decisions I’ve seen from a video ref since they were introduced.

It was truly ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Video refs are useless, refs are useless, might as well have Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles running touch for all the good the linesmen do. I know without the officials there is no game but Jesus Christ they are shit. It’s a full time job, they spend all week training but they seem to be getting worse. Ganson is still in charge of the refs, as far as I’m concerned he’s responsible for the shocking standards.
    At least when Ganson resigned, no one thought he got that decision wrong. What annoyed me about that no try last night was that Childs sent it up as a try. Where was the evidence to say he got it wrong?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    One of the worst decisions I’ve seen from a video ref since they were introduced.

It was truly ridiculous.

The worst decision I’ve seen since Sunday. It’s a joke.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

very poor call , tommy simply outjumped and out muscled him there was no tackle on the player what so ever

At a push if it hadn't been given no try I can possibly see why they wouldn't over rule it but as it had been sent up as a try, the decision is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by parky151277 View Post
    Just watched redvee TV instant fan reaction and Dave made the point, had that been scored when the game was closer, would that have been given? For me absolutely and I said as much at the time last night. The fact that we would’ve gone 20/22 points in front before half time and the game live on Sky, it does make you think?

I’ve seen it a few times this season where refs will start to give six agains to a team to give them a piggy back down the field to try and keep a game interesting.
    It does make you think, especially as we now know that the proposed restructuring is down to Sky not being altogether satisfied with some of the games on TV this year...

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Who was the video ref last night , don't tell me Kendal?.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Would that be the Kendal that gave the Crust Munchers a penalty in the last two minutes of the Grand Final last year, which should have given them the match? Mind you he was probably suffering from Stockholm Syndrome after officiating the previous 8 (I think) Crust Muncher matches and guiding them to the GF! Hicks and Kendal, Wire v Pies.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Let's not forget kendals performance when we played 'Hull' in the cup , might not be much BUT with 20 seconds left in the game which obviously Hull can't win they hoofed the ball up , Coote catches it and lobs it over the sideline, even before it crosses the line with '4' seconds to go Kendal blows his whistle and instructs Hull to play the ball it get's hoofed Hull catch it and score a try . Why did Kendal just not allow the ball to cross the line and blow his whistle and let the game finish . As said not much to grumble at but as that to KN's disallowed try , it's started to really look at him again as a top ref . I once rated him the top whistleblower in the game BUT on this season's performance's not anymore . Whinge over.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The South Stand

Regardless off that i am going to ask , why are we not giving Kevin Naqaema ? apologies Kevin , why are we letting him go ?.

Learning All The Songs

I agree. I dont see us getting anyone better than Kev as a centre.
    We should be keeping him 100%

The refs are becoming an embarrassment.
    I can let bad calls go usually but this farce with the videos refs now is becoming inexcusable

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Regardless off that i am going to ask , why are we not giving Kevin Naqaema ? apologies Kevin , why are we letting him go ?.
    I’ve never been his biggest fan but a touch of class last night. Also a touch of pants later on when he should have put Tommy Mak in.

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    It does make you think, especially as we now know that the proposed restructuring is down to Sky not being altogether satisfied with some of the games on TV this year...
    This opens a can of worms really, how much influence should the broadcaster have on the sport? What if they want a rule change.

Golden point was introduced to provide dramatic finishes on TV. Before that all the fans were content with a draw.

The idea of the 10 lteam Super League is in their interest e.g Saints would play Wigan 3 times a year and Sky cam charge for advertising in that game than Saints v Leigh for example.

What if they wanted the game in quarters for more advertising .

He who pays the piper........as they say.

I can forgive a difficult 50/50 call that looks wrong, well almost! I'm not one for bagging officials its generally a tough job and we are clearly struggling to attract people to take it up.

The really annoying aspect is that the one on the Leeds v Wire game and the one in ours last night looked very simple calls on the video. Yet, inexplicably to everyone watching in the ground and on TV they called both wrong. No ifs or buts just wrong. That is what I simply do not understand. Yet we get no explanation and nobody seems to be held to account.

Im a believer that despite refereeing errors generally the best team wins and we did last night. The one the previous evening was probably more of a game changer but I still think Leeds had the game in the bag after that and found a way to blow it themselves.

Sky have complained that the games they have been broadcasting havent been up to scratch. So when it looks like we are about to blow Hull off the park on Sky suddenly our tries get disallowed for no particular reason. Giving Sky something to talk about for another half an hour.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I can forgive a difficult 50/50 call that looks wrong, well almost! I'm not one for bagging officials its generally a tough job and we are clearly struggling to attract people to take it up.

The really annoying aspect is that the one on the Leeds v Wire game and the one in ours last night looked very simple calls on the video. Yet, inexplicably to everyone watching in the ground and on TV they called both wrong. No ifs or buts just wrong. That is what I simply do not understand. Yet we get no explanation and nobody seems to be held to account.

Im a believer that despite refereeing errors generally the best team wins and we did last night. The one the previous evening was probably more of a game changer but I still think Leeds had the game in the bag after that and found a way to blow it themselves.
    Totally agree. I very rarely criticise match officials but these were two absolute howlers. In this case, Child actually called it right first time, and I almost wonder whether the decision was reversed because Kendall was subconsciously wanting to reverse a decision based upon criticism the previous night that video refs rarely do so, because it was completely unfathomable.

Leeds lost the game, not because of that decision, but because they kicked to the corner on the fourth tackle instead of laying up for a straightforward drop goal at 26-20, and also because of a crazy and needless forward pass in the last minute that gave Warrington the territory they needed.

I actually think the referees generally do a good job, and whilst I'm sure Hull fans won't agree, I'm struggling to think of a wrong call that Child made last night.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post

I actually think the referees generally do a good job, and whilst I'm sure Hull fans won't agree, I'm struggling to think of a wrong call that Child made last night.
    I thought that, I wonder if he has been round to Saints for tea and biscuits?

I'll be honest I would not be surprised to see a few refs come out long after their careers are over and say that they were 'encouraged' to keep TV games close by using the screen at the right time and on 50:50s go with the underdog / losing team

Swifty had hold of the ball at one stage when airborne but lost it. He was not tackled in the air at all, he lost it during the competition for the ball.