Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hull

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by JB1973 View Post
    Thompson played really well last night and he looked right up for it in fairness, I thought Dodd started slowly but at the end he was really coming onto his game

Percy looked great when he tried to go outside or sidestep the opposition , I really hope he cuts the crash ball stuff out though

LMS and Amor went well to but welsby and roby were the star men

V good performance and well played to all involved no weak links last night
    I agree, Welsby scored the tries, but for me, man of the match was Roby, I wonder if the gap between the last couple of games, eight days before the cup final and a couple of weeks since has made all the difference in recovery times in both those games when he has been back in top form
    Last edited by Woolyback; 3rd August 2021 at 11:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I agree, Welsby scored the tries, but for me, man of the match was Roby, I wonder if the gap between the last couple of games, eight days before the cup final and a couple of weeks since has made all the difference in both those games when he has been back in top form
    Roby was voted MOTM on the Our League App.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Thompson put in a good shift in the CCF, too.

Maybe his decision to retire at the end of the season has given him that psychological boost - the extra zip you get when the finishing line is in sight. If his body was suffering earlier in the year and he was thinking "I've got nearly three years of this pain" then it's going to deflate you. Lifting yourself for one last hoorah is a different proposition.
    Good point well made

I agree, Welsby scored the tries, but for me, man of the match was Roby, I wonder if the gap between the last couple of games, eight days before the cup final and a couple of weeks since has made all the difference in recovery times in both those games when he has been back in top form
    Another good point…..
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand

Good all round performance. Dodds didn't look out of place. Robes, sensational, Welsby likewise. Good solid performances from LMS, Walmsley and Amor who made some good metres after contact. Anyone thinking the scoreline flattered us, remember Coote missing a number of conversions/penalties and that try which was disallowed? Not just biff and barge crash over tries either, with deft kicking from Robes and great play between Kev and Tommy. Excellent result. COYS.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Good all round performance. Dodds didn't look out of place. Robes, sensational, Welsby likewise. Good solid performances from LMS, Walmsley and Amor who made some good metres after contact. Anyone thinking the scoreline flattered us, remember Coote missing a number of conversions/penalties and that try which was disallowed? Not just biff and barge crash over tries either, with deft kicking from Robes and great play between Kev and Tommy. Excellent result. COYS.
    You’ve made some very good points and Kev’s successful pass to Tommy was a pleasure to watch. His no look pass, later in the game, went forward and Tommy couldn’t gather it in anyway but it was really good to see him give it a go.

Banned

Which would strengthen the already very strong case to manage his gametime and rest him more as we get deeper into the business end of the season. We also need to see more of Smith (or Eaves) to see if they are good enough to role-share more with Roby next season.