Is it on

Starting A Programme Collection

No

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Thanks

Learning All The Songs

No announcement either way as yet

Noooobie

Just announced its off https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/07/2...sfield-giants/

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Is anyone bothered about the league now?

Far as I'm concerned, we've won the meaningful competition for this season

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenagesaint View Post
    Just announced its off https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/07/2...sfield-giants/

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    How convenient!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Is anyone bothered about the league now?

Far as I'm concerned, we've won the meaningful competition for this season

Also the Man of Steel award is looking meaningless now when some of your best players can't play games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    How convenient!!
    Go on. Enlighten us.

Hope you enjoyed us winning the cup

How convenient!!
    Positive testing within the "bubble" day after final, 10 day isolation period, therefore next game off. What's convenient and for whom?

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

How convenient!!
    The lost revenue isn't convenient!

Learning All The Songs

How convenient!!
    Not at all. A very winnable game. Could have boosted our percentage. Oh well we can just spend some more time polishing the two big cups in the trophy cabinet.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgowsaint View Post
    Not at all. A very winnable game. Could have boosted our percentage. Oh well we can just spend some more time polishing the two big cups in the trophy cabinet.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
    Wigan can to in the Canteen 🤪

Starting A Programme Collection greggo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Go on. Enlighten us.

Hope you enjoyed us winning the cup
    I,ll explain it Ralph he is scared that we might turn up with a fully fit squad

Learning All The Songs

How convenient!!

Stupid comment

Only 4 home games left and I,m going to miss one of those, the remarkable thing is that I,ve not used my season ticket yet.

How convenient!!
    I expect better off you, two home games with bumper crowds celebrating winning the cup missed is hardly convenient with all the revenue lost, although a non playing member of the squad initially caught it it appears the main reason was the close contact with the Castleford team at Wembley, affected most of the players according to Wolf, presumably the time factors in the testing days would have shown this, the Mautataia brothers embracing wouldn't have helped although no blame attached, we've done so well to avoid it until now, just hope that your team coming into contact with Warrington tonight doesn't result in similar, either way I won't make any silly comment should something happen, I don't think Covid supports any particular club

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I don't think Covid supports any particular club
    No I think Covid hates Wigan along with the rest of the free world

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Don't feed the troll.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

How convenient!!
    Some fair minded folk on this site give you credibility, you've just shown yourself up for what you are.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

In light of yet more cancellations, surely the RFL needs to have a rethink about how we progress this season.

It shouldn't be scrapped, but what incentive is there for clubs to play out 25 games when they can play 18? Why would any team want to put their players through all that when they can play 7 games less and not only be fresh for the play-offs, but avoid the possibility of spoiling their percentages? As was demonstrated last season, when it becomes advantageous to skip games, then they will be skipped.

For me, the season needs capping. Get rid of the two rounds in a week at the end of August and nail the season at a maximum of 20 games and a minimum of 18. Why would anybody want to try and cram two games a week in, in the run up to the Play-Offs. I get the fact that clubs want to cram as many home games in as possible, but after all this time, will a game or two make much difference no? So, let's take the option out of the clubs hands, because the whole thing is getting beyond a farce.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    In light of yet more cancellations, surely the RFL needs to have a rethink about how we progress this season.

It shouldn't be scrapped, but what incentive is there for clubs to play out 25 games when they can play 18? Why would any team want to put their players through all that when they can play 7 games less and not only be fresh for the play-offs, but avoid the possibility of spoiling their percentages? As was demonstrated last season, when it becomes advantageous to skip games, then they will be skipped.

For me, the season needs capping. Get rid of the two rounds in a week at the end of August and nail the season at a maximum of 20 games and a minimum of 18. Why would anybody want to try and cram two games a week in, in the run up to the Play-Offs. I get the fact that clubs want to cram as many home games in as possible, but after all this time, will a game or two make much difference no? So, let's take the option out of the clubs hands, because the whole thing is getting beyond a farce.
    They should move the requirement up to 20 and deduct points from clubs that postpone games. We'd then see no postponements and clubs would be forced to complete games.

I think there's a chance a few of the clubs won't be competing at all next season. Salford in particular seem to be collapsing around themselves and I wouldn't be surprised to see them either fold or voluntarily removed from Super League to pheonix at a more realistic and sustainable level in the leagues below. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they weren't the only ones either.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    They should move the requirement up to 20 and deduct points from clubs that postpone games. We'd then see no postponements and clubs would be forced to complete games.

I think there's a chance a few of the clubs won't be competing at all next season. Salford in particular seem to be collapsing around themselves and I wouldn't be surprised to see them either fold or voluntarily removed from Super League to pheonix at a more realistic and sustainable level in the leagues below. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they weren't the only ones either.
    I can't see how you can force clubs to play games at the moment because of the isolation rules, hopefully it will be different after 16th August, but to fulfill a fixture by having to play almost a team of academy players would make just as much a mockery of the game, I agree Salford are having a tough time but from what I read they have been doing their best by bringing in loan players etc

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post

Clubs currently have no choice thanks to the isolation rules. As Salford pointed out in their press release, as much as they might want to play the games, no matter how many negative test results their players return, they're still not allowed to play because of contact with someone who is positive.

Agree on capping the season though, it's even more skewed than last year. Can't see it though as the clubs will be desperate for any opportunity to bring a bit of money in if they can squeeze an extra game or two in midweek.

It would be interesting to make a comparison of this years cancellations to the ones of last season. Is it the same teams if so do we question the compliance of protocols.