Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magic Weekend

Got A Season Ticket

Can't get through to the ticket office, but has anyone heard when MW tickets will be available to collect. Thanks

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Can't get through to the ticket office, but has anyone heard when MW tickets will be available to collect. Thanks
    They tweeted today that they’re expecting them from the RFL “this week.”
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Thanks for that info.

Starting A Programme Collection

Not bothering. Like magic weekend,,, but to much corruption going on in RFL not spending money to watch something I’m not enjoying anymore...

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

To me, it sounds like the RFL are deciding what words to use when the Magic Weekend is cancelled.
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofeHearted View Post
    To me, it sounds like the RFL are deciding what words to use when the Magic Weekend is cancelled.
    They can't leave it this late to cancel surely. Not even those clowns are that incompetent. Imagine how many hotels have been booked, etc. It would be carnage to cancel now. Mine is on booking.com so I can cancel the day before without cost but not everyone will be in the same boat.

Got A Season Ticket

Spoke to the ticket office today, they said tickets are expected tomorrow or Thursday.

Got A Season Ticket

Just tried to buy tickets at the ground (with a membership) & told Saints had sold their allocation......

The fixtures are looking incredibly poor, some very meaningless games. I know this season is a special case but this does show that if the Magic Weekend does work it is as early in the season as possible when interest in other clubs is at its peak.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Starting A Programme Collection HoofeHearted's Avatar

Pre-booked tickets will be available at the Saints ticket office from tomorrow (Tuesday)
    https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/08/3...ticket-update/
    Phil Vievers...Balls...Joan Collins...Try...Orgasmic... RH the living legend.

Had to pick mine up from the ground (40 miles round trip). When the post failed to deliver them today, phoned Club only to be informed that they were ready for posting out tonight (24hours delivery by RM).
    As we were setting off very early tomorrow for a three night prequel in Northumberland felt the need to collect in person.
    No criticism aimed at the Club here, thought the RFL should have shipped them to Clubs much earlier than last Thursday.
    Just in case anyone else is heading up to the North East earlydoors.

Got A Replica Shirt

Received our tickets in the post today but they are not the ones on my order. Think these are an upgrade as they are in Block L4F, higher up than my originals but seem to be better although can’t tell from seating plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Just tried to buy tickets at the ground (with a membership) & told Saints had sold their allocation......
    I was in the same boat and can't get the discount through SL ticketing, so not bothering. Glad the game can afford to effectively turn fans away

Has anyone seen any recent updates regarding any requirement to show a Covid pass to get entry? I've searched online but the most recent mention I could find was from back in May (it stated you won't need to show anything).
    Sent from my keyboard using fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsimit View Post
    Has anyone seen any recent updates regarding any requirement to show a Covid pass to get entry? I've searched online but the most recent mention I could find was from back in May (it stated you won't need to show anything).
    It's not compulsory. It says to download the pass to the app. It then goes on to say that nobody will be turned away without it.

Thanks
    Sent from my keyboard using fingers.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

I've just received some tickets, they must be rolled over from last year, I'd forgotten all about it. Wasn't bothering this time, think I'll go now..

Surprisingly been good ticket sales for this in general but also seen plenty trying to re-sell on Facebook etc.

Believe Saints sold 1.6k which is a good effort. Anyone who wants a ticket I'd have a look on that Saints RLFC facebook group. Plenty selling them on there, sometimes at a discount.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by JamesSL View Post
    Surprisingly been good ticket sales for this in general but also seen plenty trying to re-sell on Facebook etc. Believe Saints sold 1.6k which is a good effort.
    I do like the concept of Magic Weekend and I will be in Newcastle on Saturday. But I also think this "Magic Weekend" needs scrapping. 1.6k attendance from Saints fans and a coach load of speccies supporting Catalan, to watch the top two go head 2 head in a match that could decide the LLS, which I still hold in high regards, but thats another thread.

Very poor !! I am not blaming fans for not visiting Newcastle, I think the cost of staying in Newcastle is more expensive than a weekend in Perpignan inc the flights.

Its this "Magic Weekend" its not working.

Our average attandence is around 10k and Catalans 8k. Just play the extra round Home or away. More fans get to attend, better atmosphere and clubs receive more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Beamo View Post
    I do like the concept of Magic Weekend and I will be in Newcastle on Saturday. But I also think this "Magic Weekend" needs scrapping. 1.6k attendance from Saints fans and a coach load of speccies supporting Catalan, to watch the top two go head 2 head in a match that could decide the LLS, which I still hold in high regards, but thats another thread.

Very poor !! I am not blaming fans for not visiting Newcastle, I think the cost of staying in Newcastle is more expensive than a weekend in Perpignan inc the flights.

Its this "Magic Weekend" its not working.

Our average attandence is around 10k and Catalans 8k. Just play the extra round Home or away. More fans get to attend, better atmosphere and clubs receive more money.
    I get your point but RFL also sold 24k for the Saturday (just through them, not including club sales).

Hull will have a decent backing, Leeds around 2k apparently.

Few Salford and Cas still in.

Should be a decent crowd during the game I'd imagine.

I'm really looking forward to it now. Going with a mixed bunch of Saints and Wigan fans Saturday morning and staying 2 nights right in the city centre. Should be a belting couple of days. Massive game for us on Saturday. Hopefully get the win and then sit back and relax and enjoy the rest.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I'm really looking forward to it now. Going with a mixed bunch of Saints and Wigan fans Saturday morning and staying 2 nights right in the city centre. Should be a belting couple of days. Massive game for us on Saturday. Hopefully get the win and then sit back and relax and enjoy the rest.
    We're going up tomorrow morning, coming home on Monday. Staying in Sunderland - an excellent place for very decent pubs - 25 mins from Newcastle on the train and a fraction of the price......looking forward to it too!
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    We're going up tomorrow morning, coming home on Monday. Staying in Sunderland - an excellent place for very decent pubs - 25 mins from Newcastle on the train and a fraction of the price......looking forward to it too!
    Have fun mate. I know some really nice digs in Whitley Bay. £30 a night, 5 mins walk to beach and Wetherspoons
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    I managed to book early so got a nice city centre hotel for £125 a night but some of the prices I have seen since are ridiculous.

In The South Stand

Yeah, going Saturday and coming home Monday, probably one of my favourite weekends of the year in all honesty and looking forward especially to our game.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club