Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Theo ..... broken shoulder!!!

In The South Stand

Thank you Theo for all your efforts in the vee - one of the toughest halves I’ve seen play and with some trophies to show for it too. Clearly very highly valued by coaches and teammates alike, which says a lot about his character and commitment.

All the best best for your recovery and future career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Thank you Theo for all your efforts in the vee - one of the toughest halves I’ve seen play and with some trophies to show for it too. Clearly very highly valued by coaches and teammates alike, which says a lot about his character and commitment.

Well said totally underated by lots of fans.

In The South Stand

Sorry he doesn't have the opportunity to get to another GF. Hope it works out at his new club. Thanks Theo.

Banned

Fair enough - but didn’t Woolf say he was jabbed up for a shoulder injury before the game? Coincidence?

If I had to guess at the full scenario, Fages had an injured shoulder before the game, got a cortisone jab and played, then broke his shoulder early on but put it down to the existing shoulder injury flaring up.

I've been wanting more creativity in the side for ages, but I will miss this nuggety warrior of a player - and hope we can adjust to losing his tenacious defence.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I,m suprised there has been no official announcement on Fages future being here or elsewhere now that he is finished for the rest of the season.

If he stays then we may have a possible scenario:-

Dodd plays the remaining season and makes enormous progress in becomes a major pivotal player in the play offs, so much so that he becomes our No 1 for the scrum half position. In the meantime Fages stays with the club but he can only come back into the team at the No 9 position.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I,m suprised there has been no official announcement on Fages future being here or elsewhere now that he is finished for the rest of the season.

If he stays then we may have a possible scenario:-

Dodd plays the remaining season and makes enormous progress in becomes a major pivotal player in the play offs, so much so that he becomes our No 1 for the scrum half position. In the meantime Fages stays with the club but he can only come back into the team at the No 9 position.
    Fages has signed for Huddersfield.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    Fages has signed for Huddersfield.

Didn’t know that, been on holiday the other week and not seen anything from our club.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Didn’t know that, been on holiday the other week and not seen anything from our club.
    Nothing has been confirmed but it’s the worst kept secret in super league.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Nothing has been confirmed but it’s the worst kept secret in super league.

My mind is now fixed on a Lomax - Dodd partnership now for a couple of seasons in a similar way Martyn and Longy developed, where Martyn losing speed used passing skilll with Longy doing all the running around to find gaps.

I,m just suprised not a single whisper from the Giants media outlets mentioning Fages.

My mind is now fixed on a Lomax - Dodd partnership now for a couple of seasons in a similar way Martyn and Longy developed, where Martyn losing speed used passing skilll with Longy doing all the running around to find gaps.

I,m just suprised not a single whisper from the Giants media outlets mentioning Fages.
    I’m pretty sure the only Giants media outlet has been banging on about Fages for some time but if you’re not up to speed with Morse you may have missed the subliminal message coming from the cowbell.

In The South Stand

Do you think the cancelled games will be a huge help to us ? I was expecting that IF Dodd had to step in,we would still run the same plays and kick to the same areas of the pitch. Will the games missed given us time to adapt and make new variations on plays to match Dodd's skill set ?

Got A Replica Shirt

I just hope Dodd is given the responsibility to play his natural game and create the plays in attack.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Do you think the cancelled games will be a huge help to us ? I was expecting that IF Dodd had to step in,we would still run the same plays and kick to the same areas of the pitch. Will the games missed given us time to adapt and make new variations on plays to match Dodd's skill set ?
    I think its took a little bit of pressure off us and Dodd will have a bit more time to settle in. I distinctly rememember when we lost Coote for a spell and Woolf put Welsby in the full back position, Woolf took Welsby's natural game away from him and had Welsby just behind the PTB more of a support player for our pack than being creative. I didn't like it at the time but eventually realised he was taking pressure off Welsby.

Maybe, we won't see a lot of change in our set plays for a couple of games until Dodd reads the game with Lomax, it might take 4 or 5 games for Dodd to start playing with his natural skill set. One thing is for certain is that Dodd will be targeted from a defence point of view. For me I would expect him to more effective closer to the play offs than expect anything significant in the next couple of games.

It just tactically wouldn't make sense to let Dodd have a free creative role in taking some game plan responsibility away from Lomax, the team needs time to adjust to a different set of half back circumstances.